In a weird way, the GOP may have handed itself an opportunity on ABORTION

Wrong

We are human based on DNA

The unborn child you pictured is just as human as the bearded man
No, it is a fetus. He is a human.
The difference is birth.
Perhaps a 6th grade biology class might help.

I'm seeing several articles on how the GOP is trying to figure out a way to mitigate the damage from their overreach on abortion (yes, I know some of the True Believers will deny there has been any overreach, but we're going to deal with reality here).

The answer may be right in front of them. All they have to do is embrace a word that appears to scare the living shit out of their base.

Their smartest move may be to say, "okay, let's compromise on abortion. We want strict limits, you want no limits. WE are willing to COMPROMISE. Let's have a 16-week limit, plus the regular exceptions. We can meet in the middle, it will be available in a vast majority of situations, and everyone can get some of what they really want."

Instead of their standard, ham handed, all-or-nothing approach, they have a chance to be the adult in the room for a change. And who knows, maybe it won't kill them, and they'll be able to lead the way on OTHER issues, TOO. Maybe this could START something.

Not holding my breath.

16 weeks is too long imo as it assures a fetal heartbeat, but I agree the GOP needs to be clear and unified on a time limit. Personally I think 12 weeks max.

Y16dfci.jpg

Part of my hope is that it might break their cycle of purity across the board. Limbaugh told them that cooperation is evil, and they still believe it.

Maybe they could learn that it isn't, and that could lead to better things.

Not trying to go pollyanna here, but I'd sure like to hope that we can think our way out of this.
Hopefully they start with the budget…quickly.

/-----/ And no distorting the facts. Texas does not bar terminating a stillborn like you tried to prove.
Doctors could be fined and or imprisoned for performing an abortion on a woman with a fetus that has issues. Making the woman carry to full term. The doctor could be sued for malpractise if an infection occurs when the fetus remains in the womb. Texas law. It's draconian.

Doctors could be fined and or imprisoned for performing an abortion on a woman with a fetus that has issues. Making the woman carry to full term. The doctor could be sued for malpractise if an infection occurs when the fetus remains in the womb. Texas law. It's draconian.
/-----/ "woman with a fetus that has issues"
Calling a stillborn having issues is just plain stupid. Why are you playing word games? A woman can't carry a dead baby to full term. How idiotic.
"The doctor could be sued for malpractise if an infection occurs when the fetus remains in the womb"
Link, please.

/-----/ "woman with a fetus that has issues"
Calling a stillborn having issues is just plain stupid. Why are you playing word games? A woman can't carry a dead baby to full term. How idiotic.
"The doctor could be sued for malpractise if an infection occurs when the fetus remains in the womb"
Link, please.
You should read the law yourself and you will notice how Texas uses words.

Another Mac1958 thread........

Step 1 - make an unsubstantiated statement, claim it is fact, and then say anyone who argues is a zealot.
Step 2 - Blame it all on conservatives, while saying he is being fair
Step 3 - Follow up with all posts that don't agree with him as crazy and claim it substantiates his original claim.

Notice, its the same circle jerk crowd, like buzzards to a dead skunk on the road.

Forum List

Back