Impressions of Canada

i'm a 'yooper' , been to 'canada' a hundred times . I think that all I said is that the 'canooks' have NO Military BWinkle .
Pismo. it is written that 'where your heart is, there your treasure is also'. Evidently Canada chooses to put it's money into other things. So up to now, they may have had a small force because of their proximity and friendship with us, but what they had was at our back on many occasions. And now, with the knowledge that maybe we no longer have their backs, I suppose they may beef up.
However, lets hope Kamchatka doesn't attack the Yukon. Sgt. Preston and Dudley Doright are both retired.

china , china , china . Probably after I am dead and gone but china , china , china Bullwinkle .

I don't ever remember anything good or bad coming out of the 'canooks' . To me they are just THERE Bullwinkle .

I don't ever remember anything good or bad coming out of the 'canooks' . To me they are just THERE Bullwinkle .
Pismoe, that's our blessing in having such a neighbor. Have we EVER had a reason to worry about Canada? We take Canada for granted. We have a sea to sea border, yet we are confident that Canada will do nothing nor allow nothing to harm us. Pismoe, it is like getting up in the morning and taking for granted we are neither in pain nor want. We don't even think about it. It's a blessing that just IS. So it is with Canada. We don't think about the possibility they could have ill will toward us, because they've always 'been there' for and with us.

Pismoe, that's our blessing in having such a neighbor. Have we EVER had a reason to worry about Canada? We take Canada for granted. We have a sea to sea border, yet we are confident that Canada will do nothing nor allow nothing to harm us. Pismoe, it is like getting up in the morning and taking for granted we are neither in pain nor want. We don't even think about it. It's a blessing that just IS. So it is with Canada. We don't think about the possibility they could have ill will toward us, because they've always 'been there' for and with us.
----------------------------- BUT how soon we forget eh , remember the War of 1812 Bullwinkle .

----------------------------- BUT how soon we forget eh , remember the War of 1812 Bullwinkle .

Was that the one where Canada burned the White House, 53 years before it existed?

Clever, those proto-Canadians. Eh?

Was that the one where Canada burned the White House, 53 years before it existed?

The white house definitely existed, then. Otherwise, it could not have burnt.

…….or do I need to remind our resident grammar Nazi that the pronoun refers to the noun it follows?

…….or do I need to remind our resident grammar Nazi that the pronoun refers to the noun it follows?

Wasn't it the British who sailed up the Potomac to set fire to The White House?

"A poor workman blames his tools".. Go gitchew a reeding klass.

Wasn't it the British who sailed up the Potomac to set fire to The White House?

It was. Our sterling Resident of the United Snakes thought it was Canada, which didn't exist yet.

He's not real bigly on history or geography, wielding Sharpies to send hurricanes to Alabama, building walls in Colorado (and New Mexico will pay for it), transferring his own father from the Bronx to Germany, and of course those important state dinners for Button and Nipple. But he sure gave props to the Continental Army of the eighteenth century for taking the airports.

Sorry for all that. On behalf of our morons we are all deeply embarrassed.

Just got back from touring Quebec and the Maritime Provinces, and read a Short History of Canada while doing so. I was surprised to learn that so many Canadians were British loyalists who left America after the Revolutionary War. I was also surprised that the Canadian Confederation of 1867 was largely influenced by a continuing fear of invasion by the U.S.

Having also spoken with many Canadians from the West, I am left with an impression that the Canadian Confederation more resembles the United States prior to the Civil War:
Widely different interests united primarily for defensive purposes.

I would like to hear from some Canadian posters as to what their history means for their future.
Looking at this population density map, you can see that Canada is massing it’s population at the border waiting for a chance to invade the US

23ae42f09caceec7df3785452853a275.gif

Just got back from touring Quebec and the Maritime Provinces, and read a Short History of Canada while doing so. I was surprised to learn that so many Canadians were British loyalists who left America after the Revolutionary War. I was also surprised that the Canadian Confederation of 1867 was largely influenced by a continuing fear of invasion by the U.S.

Having also spoken with many Canadians from the West, I am left with an impression that the Canadian Confederation more resembles the United States prior to the Civil War:
Widely different interests united primarily for defensive purposes.

I would like to hear from some Canadian posters as to what their history means for their future.
Looking at this population density map, you can see that Canada is massing it’s population at the border waiting for a chance to invade the US

23ae42f09caceec7df3785452853a275.gif

You can totally trust the people of Kangiqsualujjuaq. That's my favourite Canadian place name. Right up there with Banfffffffffffffff.

Curling is a great sport; not nearly as easy at it looks.

Any idiot can run track or ski downhill, or swim laps in a pool.

Forum List

Back