Imagine Black Americans trying to write a proper language and terminology glossary for government documents and live reports

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
Woods began his press conference by saying “Earlier today we had a police-involved shooting,” and I’m going to stop right there and point out that this particular phrase—along with its cousin, “officer-involved shooting”—needs to disappear. It’s such a passive (aggressive) way to say the cops shot someone when the words “police shot ____” are right there, and I want everyone to stop doing that shit. Please. Thank you.
It is amazing how hypocritical these brilliant and talented people are. Keep in mind, this woman is a writer!

The caller told the dispatcher that “females were there trying to stab them and put their hands on them.”
Why do Black people, including Black women, refer to women as "females?"
There is a phobia of certain words.

Ginther said the city will continue to share as much information as possible as quickly as possible without compromising the BCI investigation.

Blah blah blah.

A police officer in Columbus, Ohio, shot and killed a 16-year-old Black girl named Ma’Khia Bryant on Tuesday.

Fuck thoughts, prayers, and peace.

A Black child died at the hands of a cop on Tuesday.

The Black child is 16 years old, 200 pounds, and calls the police for help, when every Black person is scared of the police, and knows that the police are not the ones to call for help.

Last edited:
this particular phrase—along with its cousin, “officer-involved shooting”—needs to disappear.
And I don't want to hear about "gang-involved shootings" either. I want to know why individuals are (A) no longer permitted to possess and carry firearms as they should under the Second Amendment and (B) no longer held responsible for their individual decisions.

And I don't want to hear about "gang-involved shootings" either. I want to know why individuals are (A) no longer permitted to possess and carry firearms as they should under the Second Amendment and (B) no longer held responsible for their individual decisions.
Spare me the "no longer held responsible for their individual decisions."crap.

New Topics

Forum List

Back