I'm shocked! Texas first state to pass "fracking" disclosure law

R

rdean

Many Remain Fractured on Fracking, Even as Texas Passes Disclosure Law
By John Roberts

Many Remain Fractured on Fracking, Even as Texas Passes Disclosure Law - FoxNews.com

It’s considered the home of the oil and gas industry, so it’s of special significance that Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed a law requiring drillers to disclose the chemicals in their so-called “fracking” fluids.

------------------------------------------

Wow, wow and wow! Has Texas decided to clean up it's image as "America's Cesspool"?

Because of the drought, has Texas decided to protect what little water they have left?

Has the Gov. of Texas received a telepathic message from God telling him to stop poisoning the state?

MB will never choose him as her running mate now. Going against the Republican mainstream and protecting the environment, he just messed up "big time".

I wonder what the base thinks about this?

Hilarious! Absolutely Hilarious!

On Morning Joe, they referred to him as "Gov. Goodhair".

They said many Republicans want to draft him to run because he's not crazy.

They said there were a few "holes" in his resume. Texas is the most polluted state in the Union, he talked about seceding and Texas is almost rock bottom in high school graduates.

But get this, to Republicans, those things aren't that important.

That sound was the noise of my jaw hitting the floor.

By John Roberts

Many Remain Fractured on Fracking, Even as Texas Passes Disclosure Law - FoxNews.com

It’s considered the home of the oil and gas industry, so it’s of special significance that Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed a law requiring drillers to disclose the chemicals in their so-called “fracking” fluids.

Wow, wow and wow! Has Texas decided to clean up it's image as "America's Cesspool"?

Because of the drought, has Texas decided to protect what little water they have left?

Has the Gov. of Texas received a telepathic message from God telling him to stop poisoning the state?

MB will never choose him as her running mate now. Going against the Republican mainstream and protecting the environment, he just messed up "big time".

Did you actually read the article? The proposed law is accepted by the industry, while the environmental groups do not think it goes far enough (which to most of them would be banning it).

They can still label some of the chemical ratios as propriatary.

text of the bill:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/billtext/pdf/HB03328F.pdf#navpanes=0

Frickin' fracking...
:confused:
The fracking public relations mess
June 21, 2011 -- When Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley issued an executive order banning fracking earlier this month, the state joined the ranks of New York, Quebec, Germany, France and South Africa to halt the controversial technique for extracting natural gas from shale rock.
A series of public relations missteps is partly responsible for these bans on hydraulic fracturing -- the procedure that injects thousands of gallons of water, sand and chemicals deep underground to crack the shale rock and allow the gas to flow. Failure to disclose what's in the fracking chemicals, opposition to a tax that could ease the impact on communities, the endorsement of a patchwork of sometimes inadequate regulations and a string of accidents are turning public opinion against the industry.

In many ways that's too bad. Used to generate electricity, among other things, natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel and available in vast quantities in the United States. Plus, most analysts and major environmental groups feel shale gas can be produced safely if the right regulations are in place.

Yet even big players in the industry admit they're in trouble. "The opposition has been out in front of the shale gas issue," Jack Williams, president of Exxon Mobil's shale gas unit XTO Energy, said last week at an industry conference.

MORE

They said there were a few "holes" in his resume. Texas is the most polluted state in the Union, he talked about seceding and Texas is almost rock bottom in high school graduates.

Yeah republicans and libertarians are both big fans of states rights and dont mind when someone says, as a result of vastly overreaching federal law, "I want to secede to keep my states sovergnty"

The pollution thing, graduation thing......links?

Yeah republicans and libertarians are both big fans of states rights and dont mind when someone says, as a result of vastly overreaching federal law, "I want to secede to keep my states sovergnty"

God you guys are lazy. Don't you know how to use "Google" or go to the US Census site?

Google

God you guys are lazy. Don't you know how to use "Google" or go to the US Census site?

Google

who is lazy, the guy asking for a link or the guy who failed to provide backup to his claims in the first post?

MSNBC only survives because it's owned by G.E., who also owns the President.

Was that bubble head Mika taking texted talking points directly from the White House again?

"Mourning Blow", who watches that propaganda? Oh yeah, rdean does.

so it’s of special significance that Texas Governor Rick Perry has signed a law requiring drillers to disclose the chemicals in their so-called “fracking” fluids.

Texas, with plenty of people knowing what is actually in frac fluids, isn't worried about disclosing the ingredients. As I did a few days ago in this very forum.

If some company was using a nasty, but legal product to pump into the ground, I will bet that by the time any new rules take effect, they will be using something else, if only for the PR value of proclaiming that they, obviously, aren't harming anything by pumping in a slick water frac.

Hey rdean, you do realize they are one of the most sensible states. During the refi boom they were one of the few with tight lending rules and regs to avoid what ultimately became the mortgage meltdown. TX smart REGs allowed Texas property costs to reasonable and low and for Texas to avoid the foreclosure crisis.

If the entire country was like Texas, we would be set!

By John Roberts

It's just the right thing to do.. That's MY type of environmentalism. Nobody should be dumping "proprietary fluids" into the ground. What this is NOT -- is an admission that YOU RDean or your buds are correct. Or that nat gas can't be successfully extracted with these methods. Just practical decision making that makes this governor and his state MORE successful than the other 49...

What the fuck? What planet are you from?

Texas is ranked the 11th lowest in NOx emissions (.098 lb/mmBtu in 2009, versus a national average of .159 lb/mmBtu), and 24th in SO2 (.309 lb/mmBtu in 2009, versus a national average of .458 lb/mmBtu).

http://aect.net/documents/2010/20101214_PR_ENV_EnviroUpdate.pdf

Maybe you should check your facts before throwing accusations around.

Forum List

Back