‘I’m really ashamed of myself.’ Kansas City military veteran sentenced in Capitol riot

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Carey%20Jon%20Walden%202.jpg

After telling a federal judge he wished he could take back what he’d done, a Kansas City military veteran was sentenced in federal court Wednesday to home detention and probation for his role in the Capitol insurrection.

U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich sentenced Carey Jon Walden to 30 days of home detention, three years’ probation and 60 hours of community service. He also is required to pay $500 in restitution for damage to the Capitol building, which prosecutors say totaled about $1.5 million.

“If I could take it all back, I would,” Walden told the judge just before his sentencing.

A fellow marine turned him in. A subordinate.

lol

Are you surprised the sentence is so light?

After telling a federal judge he wished he could take back what he’d done, a Kansas City military veteran was sentenced in federal court Wednesday to home detention and probation for his role in the Capitol insurrection.

U.S District Judge Dabney Friedrich sentenced Carey Jon Walden to 30 days of home detention, three years’ probation and 60 hours of community service. He also is required to pay $500 in restitution for damage to the Capitol building, which prosecutors say totaled about $1.5 million.

“If I could take it all back, I would,” Walden told the judge just before his sentencing.

lol

I am surprised you hate America so much.

Seems most I've seen are getting actual jail time. The guy was lucky and it also shows why "Take back America" is toothless.

lol

Not at all.

A greater sentence would have required a public trial and the possibility of an exoneration.

The man confessed which was what the Leftist activists wanted.

lol

Wow...$500 fine and he must stay at home and watch the Divisional Round of the NFL playoffs on his couch instead of freezing his butt off in the stands.
That's just horrible.

lol

Not surprised or even dismayed, in his case. To normal people, realizing what they did is probably worse than waking up in a sleazy whorehouse after a bad drunk, with the dregs of society and having to walk out in front of normal people, with all of them knowing what you did. He should feel ashamed. As retired military officer, I'm ashamed of him too.

Lot of these Jan 6th rioters are expressing remorse and I'm glad they are.

I'm okay with the sentencing. Most of them just climbed through the broken window and walked around the Capitol building scratching their butts.

$500 fine is fine as is the probation.

It's a crime, but it's not murder.

Lot of these Jan 6th rioters are expressing remorse and I'm glad they are.

I'm okay with the sentencing. Most of them just climbed through the broken window and walked around the Capitol building scratching their butts.

$500 fine is fine as is the probation.

It's a crime, but it's not murder.
Well at least he was not murdered for protesting like Ashli Babbitt was

lol

Which of his children were being threatened by the Gestapo?

lol

It's really looking this will be a long process, having to wait for them to wake up, one at a time.

It just needs to shrink enough that it fits back on the fringe, where it came from.

It's really looking this will be a long process, having to wait for them to wake up, one at a time.

It just needs to shrink enough that it fits back on the fringe, where it came from.

What if some of them don't have children or close family for Wray and his goons to threaten? How will the protesters "confess?"

The J6 protesters should not feel ashamed.
When a Democrat votes twice, they violate everyone's Right to Vote.
They were protesting against the corrupt Democrat Party's violation of millions of Americans Right to Vote.
Of course, the January 6th attacking mob should be ashamed. You should be, also.

If the Republican Party is embarrassed by the the 74 million Little Trumpsters, they should just expel them from the party and nominate Romney or Sasse or Cheney in 2024.

Forum List

Back