Im going into my 7th day without smoking after 40 years of the habit

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I can indeed breathe "better" for lack of a better word? Deeper and it feels refreshing. I do seem to cough a bit less but I wasn't a cougher in all honesty to begin with.

After 6 full days I don't get the "you'll feel better" bullshit that I always heard. I pretty much "feel" about the same minus the breathing aspect.
I have had a TERRIBLE week of no sleep. Couple hours a night at best but I'm not going to blame that on the lack of smoking. I've had major dental work started and I re injured my back pretty bad yesterday so this past week has been a total shitfest.
On the plus side I've actually lost weight instead of gaining it which is normal I hear when you stop smoking

I am eagerly awaiting the "you'll feel better days"

/blog

I can indeed breathe "better" for lack of a better word? Deeper and it feels refreshing. I do seem to cough a bit less but I wasn't a cougher in all honesty to begin with.

After 6 full days I don't get the "you'll feel better" bullshit that I always heard. I pretty much "feel" about the same minus the breathing aspect.
I have had a TERRIBLE week of no sleep. Couple hours a night at best but I'm not going to blame that on the lack of smoking. I've had major dental work started and I re injured my back pretty bad yesterday so this past week has been a total shitfest.
On the plus side I've actually lost weight instead of gaining it which is normal I hear when you stop smoking

/blog
More power to ya. Doctor tell you, you had to or has it been effecting you?

/blog
After 40 yrs, a week to feel better is a lot to ask

When I quit, the 2nd year was so so hard. The 1st yr was so so easy compared to that 2nd yr. The mental games your mind plays against you are unreal in that 2nd yr

If you can go for 10 yrs, you quit. Less than 10 you only stop.

The first 10 yrs are a real bitch, it gets easier after that

/blog

/blog
Stick with it Gramps, it's totally worth it!

Best of luck! We don't agree on ... well, much of anything, but I wish you well.

If you still desire the weed when watching other people using you should convince yourself you hate the habit.

How heavy was he habit? A pack, two packs, 3 packs a day? the damage might have already been done after 40 years so you might as well enjoy yourself with a cigarette.

/blog
If you mock rightwinger daily it’s easier to quit. Or so I am told

No reason other than dental advice. But I have been trying to make minor improvements in my life and on my home so why not this too. Maybe I'll get an extra year or two with great grandkids out of it, who knows.
Wise.

Forum List

Back