I'm assuming cons stayed up all night to watch Kevin McCarthy's 8.5 hour speech

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Man, that was weird. I saw some of the lowlights today on Morning Joe. He covered everything from Chinese Generals to baby carrots. Just completely unhinged screaming with his Adult Depends on for his favorite audience one one - Trumpy Bear.

Let the hilarious tweets commence! :lol:

I'll give him credit as that is how a filibuster is supposed to work.

The only thing I can think of more boring than watching an 8 hour snoozefest, is watching a synopsis on said snoozefest by the opposition, or a member of the opposition that DIDN'T watch it promote the talking points from said opposition on a message board.

But, I guess some people just need something to masturbate to.

Man, that was weird. I saw some of the lowlights today on Morning Joe. He covered everything from Chinese Generals to baby carrots. Just completely unhinged screaming with his Adult Depends on for his favorite audience one one - Trumpy Bear.

2t7wsghusj081.jpg

He wanted to force Dems to vote in the middle of the night, then Fox and right wing could shout how it was rammed through while "America was asleep"

The only thing I can think of more boring than watching an 8 hour snoozefest, is watching a synopsis on said snoozefest by the opposition, or a member of the opposition that DIDN'T watch it promote the talking points from said opposition on a message board.

But, I guess some people just need something to masturbate to.
You should watch the entire thing and let me and the people in my links know what we got wrong. ;)

He wanted to force Dems to vote in the middle of the night, then Fox and right wing could shout how it was rammed through while "America was asleep"

Kind of a backfire.
Dems all left and they'll do the vote in broad daylight today whilst the Trumpy Boy lapdog sleeps. :)

1637340180210.png

It was indeed garbage. :rolleyes-41:

Any fishing trips planned? In 2022 I'm gonna do my salmon trip early July when the season opens instead of early August like I did this year. Deckhand said it was fast and furious with everyone, every day getting their two fish limit of legal Silvers.

Where do you do your salmon trip? You like silvers or kings better? I think I'll head up to ennis and missoula and fish the madison and bitterroot in july.

Apparently, the good doctor is not familiar with what a "filibuster" is and how often the Democrats use it when they are the minority party. Here is a sample of Democrat hypocrisy on filibusters:

When Schumer was minority leader, he vigorously used the filibuster to do just that. Under his leadership, Democrats used the filibuster to block funding for construction of Trump’s border wall in 2019. They used it not once, but twice to impede passage of the Cares Act — forcing Republicans to agree to changes including a $600 weekly federal unemployment supplement. They used it in September and October to stop Republicans from passing further coronavirus relief before the November election. They used it to halt Sen. Tim Scott’s (R-S.C.) police reform legislation so Republicans could not claim credit for forging a bipartisan response to the concerns of racial justice protesters. They used it to block legislation to force “sanctuary cities” to cooperate with federal officials, and to stop a prohibition on taxpayer funding of abortion, bans on abortions once the unborn child is capable of feeling pain, and protections for the lives of babies born alive after botched abortions.

Where do you do your salmon trip? You like silvers or kings better? I think I'll head up to ennis and missoula and fish the madison and bitterroot in july.

King trip is another option (called Chinook here) They're a bit tastier. Higher in oil content and if cooked just right SUPER tender and flavorful. Nothing wrong with Silvers - They'd probably be second on my list. I think the King trips are full day and a bit more expensive. Will check it out! Usually go out of Depoe Bay.

When I was in Montana running sales appointments about 20 years ago, my final appointment was in Missoula. Heading south back toward Idaho, that highway had a gorgeous river running alongside. Brought my fishing pole, saw some guys fishing in a real accessible, slow moving section and headed down. Caught a REALLY nice rainbow on a spinner in less than an hour (3.5 pounds my guess). Cleaned it and picked up some ice for the trip back to Boise.

I didn't have a Montana fishing license (only Idaho) and honestly didn't think about it. Prolly lucky I wasn't busted.

Pretty sure that was the Bitterroot. Does that sound right?

bitterroot-river-18-lead.jpg

Apparently, the good doctor is not familiar with what a "filibuster" is and how often the Democrats use it when they are the minority party. Here is a sample of Democrat hypocrisy on filibusters:

When Schumer was minority leader, he vigorously used the filibuster to do just that. Under his leadership, Democrats used the filibuster to block funding for construction of Trump’s border wall in 2019. They used it not once, but twice to impede passage of the Cares Act — forcing Republicans to agree to changes including a $600 weekly federal unemployment supplement. They used it in September and October to stop Republicans from passing further coronavirus relief before the November election. They used it to halt Sen. Tim Scott’s (R-S.C.) police reform legislation so Republicans could not claim credit for forging a bipartisan response to the concerns of racial justice protesters. They used it to block legislation to force “sanctuary cities” to cooperate with federal officials, and to stop a prohibition on taxpayer funding of abortion, bans on abortions once the unborn child is capable of feeling pain, and protections for the lives of babies born alive after botched abortions.

Yes I know what a filibuster is. Kevin was obviously trying to delay the vote. Remember Cancun Ted's filibuster several years ago in which he read Green Eggs and Ham?

Well, Kevin's was even dumber than that (if you can imagine ;-)

130925-ted-cruz-compares-green-eggs-and-ham-to-obamacare.jpg

Kevin McCarthy is a pussy...he is no match for Pelosi....we need a leader with balls as big as Nancy's....we need one that is not afraid to walk the fine line of legality like the dems do....or we will continue to lose....

Kevin McCarthy is a pussy...he is no match for Pelosi....we need a leader with balls as big as Nancy's....we need one that is not afraid to walk the fine line of legality like the dems do....or we will continue to lose....

Agreed. McCarthy's speech was distracted by the row of masks behind him...I'll give the guy on the end 1/2 credit for when he took his mask off for a short time. Why republicans follow these stupid rules of masking is beyond me.

You do a lot of assuming, we're not pussified like you are, so perhaps quit expecting others to act just like you.

BTW, DrLove is code for homo, am I right?

Forum List

Back