Illinois Man Faces 75 Years in Jail for Filming Police

in short you can go to jail for 7 years but the evidence you have to prove you're innocent can put you in prison for 15 years.....

Put yourself in that situation....

Oh and I'm not talking about the inside video, that is perfectly legal - what the case was based on was the outside video which would be a crime to introduce as evidence...

Why is it a crime to introduce it as evidence?

Because it's illegal to tape police in public in Illinois - it's actually a class 1 felony.

My dad has security cameras outside of his house and he recorded them that night w/ audio outside....

The cops fabricated everything that happened outside (lied about everything) the video proves it but my father was unable to introduce this as evidence, because recording the cops is a class 1 felony...

In short: recording the police is a felony in Illinois and could land you in prison for 15 years.

Now, would you rather go to prison for 7 or 15?

Well my father didn't go to prison - he only got DOUBLE the sentence the DA recommended.

Oh yea no one knows that - yea the judge doubled what the DA recommended..

Remember this was the same guy that was arrested for bitching to the cops because a bunch of gang bangers ripped his fence apart and used the pieces as weapons to club one another with back in 1991 and sued the Lake County police department for it and won a civil rights violation case... He was found "not guilty"

I suppose retribution is a bitch...... Even if it is 20 years later..

Oh and the kicker is guess who tried to prosecute my father back in 1991 on that case...

Yep same judge that found him guilty in this case...

Oh and the kicker is this dickhead judge is a republican...

Ironic I know...

Oh and for what it matters that man being tased was only challenged with building radar systems for Northrup that could detect stealth technology back in the 80's...

That's right my father was challenged to build radar systems and had a top security clearance at NORTHRUP to build radar systems that could detect this thing..

bombers_b2_0004.jpg

What did your dads do?

Oh mine also served in the military..

Last edited:
Not only that but my dad was a top notch radar technician when he was in the Army....

I suppose that is why Northrup hired him er challenged him and gave him top secret clearance to make radar systems that could detect stealth technology....

in short you can go to jail for 7 years but the evidence you have to prove you're innocent can put you in prison for 15 years.....

Put yourself in that situation....

Oh and I'm not talking about the inside video, that is perfectly legal - what the case was based on was the outside video which would be a crime to introduce as evidence...

Because it's illegal to tape police in public in Illinois - it's actually a class 1 felony.

My dad has security cameras outside of his house and he recorded them that night w/ audio outside....

The cops fabricated everything that happened outside (lied about everything) the video proves it but my father was unable to introduce this as evidence, because recording the cops is a class 1 felony...

In short: recording the police is a felony in Illinois and could land you in prison for 15 years.

Well my father didn't go to prison - he only got DOUBLE the sentence the DA recommended.

Remember this was the same guy that was arrested for bitching to the cops because a bunch of gang bangers ripped his fence apart and used the pieces as weapons to club one another with back in 1991 and sued the Lake County police department for it and won a civil rights violation case... He was found "not guilty"

Oh and the kicker is guess who tried to prosecute my father back in 1991 on that case...

Ironic I know...

Is it illegal to have security cameras on your house?

If so then you are breaking the law whenever a cop steps foot on your property.....

Sounds to me like your dad had a really shitty lawyer.

Heh...

Guess who your best ally is right now?

ACLU seeks end to prosecutions for recording public conversations with police

CHICAGO – Responding to a series of incidents in which individuals in four counties in Illinois have been charged with violating Illinois’ eavesdropping law for making audio recordings of public conversations with police, the American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois today asked a federal court to rule that the First Amendment bans such prosecutions. The ACLU lawsuit, filed in federal district court in Chicago, argues that individuals (and organizations such as the ACLU) may make audio (and video) recordings of police who are performing their public duties in a public place and speaking in a voice loud enough to be heard by the unassisted human ear.

The case is of particular import because the law is being used to arrest and prosecute those who want to monitor police activity in order to deter or detect any police misconduct. In Champaign a few years ago, for example, a group of community activists attempting to document police practices in predominantly African American neighborhoods were charged with violating the Illinois eavesdropping law when they filmed and recorded police interactions with citizens in the public way. (The charges were dropped only after the installation of a new states attorney.) In Chicago, State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez currently is prosecuting an individual for violating the eavesdropping statute by recording police officers.

ACLU seeks end to prosecutions for recording public conversations with police « American Civil Liberties Union of Illinois

That video wasn't reorded on a cell phone.

And the video starts with a shot of a door before the knock came?

Interesting.

Well, after watching the video and listening to your father, I can see where your arrogance and piss-poor attitude comes from. :)

Maybe I'm pissed because of what happened?

Maybe I'm pissed because the local policy is tase first and ask questions later.

If you ask a cop around here any question they will respond with or imply "you're going to jail and I'm going to crack your scull if you question me again."

These clowns are sociopaths that care about nothing...

Oh, the police were completely out of line. What they did was illegal. They lied about the warrant then pushed into your home without one, and brutalized your father. You have a lawsuit for sure. The problem is that the city has more money for lawyers than you do, so police feel pretty secure in bullying the populace, especially if the judges back them up by threatening people who have evidence of police misconduct.

I'm just saying that your father's beligerence probably made a bad situation worse. :)

That video wasn't reorded on a cell phone.

And the video starts with a shot of a door before the knock came?

Interesting.

My dad wanted to document everything..... Besides there is footage of the incident from the beginning from the outside but it couldn't be used because video tapping the cops is a felony in Illinois if it's outside your residence..

Look on youtube - its there...

It shows the cops acting like OBL is inside my parents home...

What they did defines overreaction.........

When your house is surrounded by cops over an Ipod you'd pull the camera out too...

Ironic I know...

Is it illegal to have security cameras on your house?

If so then you are breaking the law whenever a cop steps foot on your property.....

Sounds to me like your dad had a really shitty lawyer.

The inside footage is not the issue... Everything the state based their case on was what happened outside and filming the cops outside is a crime... A felony that carries 15 years in prison.

My dad has audio and video of everything that happened outside and it totally contradicts what the officers put in their police report...

All my father said was: "if you don't have a warrant get the hell out of here" the cops said he said "fuck you motherfucker, you're a bitch, fuck this and that" when the video proves otherwise...

Not to mention even if my father did tell the cops "fuck you and suck my dick" that's not against the law - that's a First Amendment right.....

He never said non of that tho and I have an outdoor video to prove it taking from an outside surveillance camera that runs 24-7 on a dvr...

Oh shut the fuck up...

The woman screaming is only a CFO (my mother) and my dad is only a small business owner - not to mention my parents own a retail store.

The guy getting tased only owns 5 properties...

Now why the fuck would his - yes, 27- year old son need to steal a fucking Ipod??

Oh and why the fuck did it take him 6 months to pawn it??

Maybe he didn't want the junk in the first place...

It was a first gen Ipod...

Don't confuse first gen Ipod with Ipad..

The thing only had a wheel knob on it that had to be manually twisted to find the tracks and the screen was cracked.

It was the first Ipod ever to be produced..

Sorry...but your family is not too bright

A simple arrest warrant that would have gotten your brother a $100 fine and 15 hours community service at best gets escallated into your father getting tazed and both getting arrested. Not the sharpest crayons in the box

The officer was very polite and more than patient. You owe him an apology for turning a simple arrest into a major incident

But they didn't have an arrest warrant.

Apparently you're not very bright.

Not to mention the warrant really doesn't exist .........Oh to add insult to injury a judge never signed a warrant...

Oh, not to mention my father sued the Mundelien police department in 1991 for civil rights violations and won and this is the same police department that "allegedly" filed the charges my brother who was only 8 at the time in the first place?

Yeah my dad only cost the Mundelein police department about a million bucks and won his claim against them....

Are you saying that they didn't have a warrant when they entered your parent's home like that? Yes, it appears that is exactly what you are saying.

If that is what happened, that is bullshit.

Immie

Well he is appealing and that takes time - up to 2 years.

The funny part is that he has less time to file his lawsuit so it's a 20/20..

Oh and my advice to him was file his lawsuit for "excessive force" in which he would win in a nanosecond given the video, but he is insistent on other aspects of the assault the cops committed.

I don't understand myself why he's even playing this legal game...

I'd put the site back up and sue the Lake County Police for excessive force but that would be me... I suppose me and my father aren't alike after all.....

I'd sue if I were him....

Well he is, but he can't sue for anything but excessive force because the jury found him guilty...

The only reason why they did was because the prosecutor said "find this man guilty or he will sue."

BTW, that statement is judicial misconduct...

May as well say: "find this man guilty or the state will no longer be able to support you, he will be rich and you will be poor so find him guilty."

Are you sure he doesn't have a case for malpractice against the attorney?

If this is what happened the attorney is an ass and should be disbarred.

Immie

Sorry...but your family is not too bright

A simple arrest warrant that would have gotten your brother a $100 fine and 15 hours community service at best gets escallated into your father getting tazed and both getting arrested. Not the sharpest crayons in the box

The officer was very polite and more than patient. You owe him an apology for turning a simple arrest into a major incident

But they didn't have an arrest warrant.

Apparently you're not very bright.

Not to mention the warrant really doesn't exist .........Oh to add insult to injury a judge never signed a warrant...

Oh, not to mention my father sued the Mundelien police department in 1991 for civil rights violations and won and this is the same police department that "allegedly" filed the charges my brother who was only 8 at the time in the first place?

Yeah my dad only cost the Mundelein police department about a million bucks and won his claim against them....

Are you saying that they didn't have a warrant when they entered your parent's home like that? Yes, it appears that is exactly what you are saying.

If that is what happened, that is bullshit.

Immie

Yes...

The warrant my father is asking for doesn't even exist....

Yet he was found guilty of assaulting an officer when the warrant didn't exist in the first place....... Seriously...

Last edited:
Yes...

The warrant my father is asking for doesn't even exist....

Yet he was found guilty of assaulting an officer when the warrant didn't exist in the first place....... Seriously...
If a police officer forced his way into your home without a warrant, and he was not in pursuit of a known felon, and a local judge is intimidating you for complaining about it, you need to bring that into federal court. And it might be a good idea to ask the ACLU for advice and lawyer referral.

Last edited:
Michael Allison Faces 75 Years in Jail for Recording Cops with Cell Phone | Video | TheBlaze.com

Tased Execution Style at Home... (Full Video) - YouTube

Funny because the same thing happened to my father...^^^ that is the video of it...

As a matter of fact the prosecutors in his case based their entire case on what allegedly happened off camera (which my father has on video) then the state told him if he submits the outside video as evidence to contradict their blatant lies he will be charged with a class 1 felony.

Yeah that is my father being tased...

My dad has a speech impediment - hes not drunk (not that it matters)...

Also the judge that fucked him in the ass wasn't too pleased when the video went viral and his website got 2 million hits, so that tyrannical judge started finding my dads lawyers other clients guilty until my dad took his web site down.

Yeah that is our judicial system.......

We had a similar incident here in Space City: A bystander used cell phone to film aggressive HPD beating mercilessly, rather than restraining, a young Black male for allegedly running away after theft. The bystander who had observed and filmed incident sent copy to Black activists and is harassed by Houston-area officials. Just amazing!

Mr. Nick, why would your dad allow himself to be so afriad by wrong doers that he would take down his website, a very effective weapon? Are people aware that succumbing to threats by these villians, regardless of their held offices, simply gives them more power to continue their evil deeds?

I fought the HPD, Metro and the City of Houston in court. Though the judges played ball with these entities and eventually dismissed my sure cases and the system black-listed me, I simply became stronger and more determined to take them on. And being a born-thinker and a techie, I use brain power and the very powerful Information Super Highway to continue to expose them.

In conclusion, government is supposed to be your servant, not your master. The last thing you want to do when up against government entities is to give-in when you know and they know that you are being unjustly mistreated. Use the law, and if the legal system fails you, then take your case to the world directly via the internet or in print. In so doing, you will spare others the grief unlawfully brought upon you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back