Illinois law allowing non-citizen police may violate 14th Amendment

No but I can recognize reality. When you have actual statements from the Supreme Court to point to let me know, otherwise you're literally doing cosplay.
You don't recognize reality, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. You're just trolling. I don't need statements from the supreme court. It is obviously unconstitutional. Only a smooth brained herpa derp like you wouldn't know that.

You don't recognize reality, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. You're just trolling. I don't need statements from the supreme court. It is obviously unconstitutional. Only a smooth brained herpa derp like you wouldn't know that.
You declaring what you think is obvious and then qualifying it with an ad hominem isn't much of an argument or a refutation of your cosplay. 😄

You declaring what you think is obvious and then qualifying it with an ad hominem isn't much of an argument or a refutation of your cosplay. 😄
I don't think it, I know it....guess you'll have to wait & see me proven right, since you are constitutionally illiterate.

Why don't you tell me how it is completely constitutional then?
Well see that right there shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution. Something doesn't have to be mentioned in the Constitution for it to be legal. Drivers licenses aren't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution for instance. Are they going to be ruled unconstitutional? 😄 Until the Supreme Court rules any particular law or regulation unconstitutional it is the law.

Well see that right there shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the Constitution. Something doesn't have to be mentioned in the Constitution for it to be legal. Drivers licenses aren't mentioned anywhere in the Constitution for instance. Are they going to be ruled unconstitutional? 😄 Until the Supreme Court rules any particular law or regulation unconstitutional it is the law.
Nice non-answer, you rastafarian beach bum... I asked you to tell me how it is constitutional? Driver's licenses fall under roads & infrastructure safety.

Nice non-answer, you rastafarian beach bum... I asked you to tell me how it is constitutional? Driver's licenses fall under roads & infrastructure safety.

Police power (United States constitutional law) - Wikipedia

In United States constitutional law, the police power is the capacity of the states to regulate behavior and enforce order within their territory for the betterment of the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of their inhabitants.[1] Police power is defined in each jurisdiction by the legislative body, which determines the public purposes that need to be served by legislation.[2] Under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the powers not delegated to the Federal Government are reserved to the states or to the people. This implies that the Federal Government does not possess all possible powers, because most of these are reserved to the State governments, and others are reserved to the people.
Police power is exercised by the legislative and executive branches of the various states through the enactment and enforcement of laws. States have the power to compel obedience to these laws through whatever measures they see fit, provided these measures do not infringe upon any of the rights protected by the United States Constitution or their own state constitutions and are not unreasonably arbitrary or oppressive. Methods of enforcement can include legal sanctions and physical means. Controversies over the exercise of state police power can arise when exercise by state authorities conflicts with individual rights and freedoms.

Police power (United States constitutional law) - Wikipedia

In United States constitutional law, the police power is the capacity of the states to regulate behavior and enforce order within their territory for the betterment of the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of their inhabitants.[1] Police power is defined in each jurisdiction by the legislative body, which determines the public purposes that need to be served by legislation.[2] Under the Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, the powers not delegated to the Federal Government are reserved to the states or to the people. This implies that the Federal Government does not possess all possible powers, because most of these are reserved to the State governments, and others are reserved to the people.
Police power is exercised by the legislative and executive branches of the various states through the enactment and enforcement of laws. States have the power to compel obedience to these laws through whatever measures they see fit, provided these measures do not infringe upon any of the rights protected by the United States Constitution or their own state constitutions and are not unreasonably arbitrary or oppressive. Methods of enforcement can include legal sanctions and physical means. Controversies over the exercise of state police power can arise when exercise by state authorities conflicts with individual rights and freedoms.
How old are you?

You know nothing on that wikipedia addressed my question right?
Are you illiterate? You'll find the charter for local police forces in State legislation and as the 10th explains powers not reserved for the federal government are reserved for the States and citizens. Do you need me to explain all that to you Bingo?

By extending the “privilege” of citizens of Illinois to be police officers to non-citizens, the case can be made that in so doing, the privilege of Illinois’ citizens to be police officers is being diluted, and thus being abridged.
Except this argument could be applied to giving immigrants green cards, or H1b visas, which allow them the privilege of WORKING in the United States, taking jobs from citizens, and thus the privilege of working is being diluted, and thus being abridged.

But the constitution clearly gives congress the power to set the laws of naturalization.

Forum List

Back