Illinois law allowing non-citizen police may violate 14th Amendment

I am. I honestly have no idea what a Bingo like you thinks citizens, means in this context. 😄
Read 'er & weep, dipstick! It's been fun!

Link: Illinois legislation would allow non-U.S. citizens to become police officers
Screenshot_2023-08-14-20-08-54-811.jpg

😄

I'm not sure what you think a screen shot of a headline proves but I'm sure it's hilarious.
It wasn't a headline, smooth brain. It's an excerpt from an article from CBS on the topic we are discussing. I included a link. Don't tell me you are going to start claiming CBS is a right wing news outlet? Lol

It wasn't a headline, smooth brain. It's an excerpt from an article from CBS on the topic we are discussing. I included a link. Don't tell me you are going to start claiming CBS is a right wing news outlet? Lol
Until I actually see the article then I don't know what it is. It could be some clowns opinion for all I know. What I know for a fact is that California passed a similar bill last year.

Fact Check-California bill allows non-citizens with work permits to become police officers

So..... have your LARPing buddies on the Supreme Court gotten back to you yet to declare this unconstitutional? 😄

Until I actually see the article then I don't know what it is. It could be some clowns opinion for all I know. What I know for a fact is that California passed a similar bill last year.

Fact Check-California bill allows non-citizens with work permits to become police officers

So..... have your LARPing buddies on the Supreme Court gotten back to you yet to declare this unconstitutional? 😄
You are an absolute durp. The court has a schedule to follow, tons of cases...but trust both cases will be brought to the court(most likely together) & be found to be unconstitutional, in violation of established federal law. You are not very bright, Mon.

You are an absolute durp. The court has a schedule to follow, tons of cases...but trust both cases will be brought to the court(most likely together) & be found to be unconstitutional, in violation of established federal law. You are not very bright, Mon.
I don't trust you you Bingo. I trust objective observation. When the real Supreme Court and not the LARPing Court being carried on in your internal cosplay fantasy rules such then I'll believe it to be unconstitutional because then and only then will that be objectively truth.

I don't trust you you Bingo. I trust objective observation. When the real Supreme Court and not the LARPing Court being carried on in your internal cosplay fantasy rules such then I'll believe it to be unconstitutional because then and only then will that be objectively truth.
Oh but that's where you are wrong, my musty shitlock-headed friend! It is already objectively true...it's just a matter of time.

Please note the Federal law. You posted a statement from someone that didn't note it either. If it existed I would have to think someone would have found it by now.

Who is saying spend will be admitted to enjoy all rights? Your argument has gone from stretch to strawman.

My thinking is based on what the United States Supreme Court ruled in Foley v Connelie, 435 U.S. 291 (1978)

Chief Justice Burger, who delivered the majority opinion in Foley v Connelie, substantiates beyond any reasonable question why “. . . citizenship may be a relevant qualification . . . ,‘ in fulfilling "important nonelective executive, legislative, and judicial positions . . . " in our democratic system.

As one can see, Justice Burger goes on to point out:

“This is not because our society seeks to reserve the better jobs to its members. Rather, it is because this country entrusts many of its most important policy responsibilities to these officers, the discretionary exercise of which can often more immediately affect the lives of citizens than even the ballot of a voter or the choice of a legislator. In sum, then, it represents the choice, and right, of the people to be governed by their citizen peers.”

Although the question of being hired by the state as a police officer falls within the category of a privileged occupation, it was not a primary issue in Foley. But Burger’s fierce defense for New York excluding foreign nationals from being hired as police officers is a good indication if the question had been raised and litigated, he would have concluded such employment by the State does fall within a State’s created privileged occupations. As Justice Burger wrote:

“Clearly the exercise of police authority calls for a very high degree of judgment and discretion, the abuse or misuse of which can have serious impact on individuals. 7 The office of a policeman is in no sense one of “the common occupations of the community” that the then Mr. Justice Hughes referred to in Truax v. Raich, 239 U.S. 33, 41 (1915). A policeman vested with the plenary discretionary powers we have described is not to be equated with a private person engaged in routine public employment or other “common occupations of the community” who exercises no broad power over people generally. [435 U.S. 291, 299] Indeed, the rationale for the qualified immunity historically granted to the police rests on the difficult and delicate judgments these officers must often make.”

The only remaining question is, does extending that privileged type of state employment to non-citizens, abridge a federally protected privilege of Citizens under the Fourteenth Amendment (“No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.”) who are actively pursuing that type of employment?

It seems to be a self-evident fact that, for every non-citizen hired by the State of Illinois as a police officer, there is one less employment opportunity for the citizens of Illinois to be hired as a police officer, thereby creating an abridgment of a state created privileged occupation for Illinois’ citizens.

Now, instead of obfuscating, instagating and deflecting, how about addressing what Justice Burger stated above?

JWK

“There is no greater privilege than serving the people of New York City, and that privilege comes with a responsibility to keep yourself and your community safe," Mayor Bill de Blasio LINK

Non-citizens here legally are under the jurisdiction of the federal government, they are not citizens of any state they happen to live or work in or of the United States ...therefore they are not legally allowed to be in positions of law enforcement in any state. If you are not a citizen, you have zero standing to become cops or deputies.
This will go to the supreme court & will be tossed out.

Watch.

Please note the Federal law. You posted a statement from someone that didn't note it either. If it existed I would have to think someone would have found it by now.
CBS is the "someone that didn't note it". Go tell them to correct the error in their article if you are so sure they are wrong. Lol

CBS is the "someone that didn't note it". Go tell them to correct the error in their article if you are so sure they are wrong. Lol

It was typical lousy journalism. No one does the work any longer.

It was typical lousy journalism. No one does the work any longer.
You can go to the link, there should be a statement near the bottom of the page that says something to the effect of "if you found errors in this story... to contact them & they will retract the error".

Forum List

Back