IKEA opening in San Francisco

For me the whole tone of the City has changed. I worked for St. Anthony Foundation (A non-profit operated the O.F.M - Order of Friars Minor-Franciscan Order).

I enjoyed my work, I felt like I was making a difference, a direct impact on the lives of Homeless and the at risk of Homeless.

In the 20+Years I worked at SAF, the City began to change. Tech Companies and Real Estate Speulators torn down buildings that were used as residential hotels, pushing people with little or no money on the street. Gangs from Oakland and Richmond pour their filthy drugs like oxy and speed into the old neibhorhood. A lot of the Homeless are addicts or they are mentall ill and self-medicating. The City spent years ignoring these problems.

The IKEA is located in what the City calls Mid-Market. About half way between the Castro District and the East Bay, you can still take ferries to Oakland or AC Transit and of course BART to get to Oakland.

There is one Cable Car Line, the Powell and Market Line that will you Fisherman's Wharf. That area can be a haven for pick pockets and scammers. The open drug selling is begining cut back, legal pot in California has put a serious crimp in street drug sales.

The Prostitutes usually work the same area or near by Union Square, lots lonley men staying the nearby hotels.

I used to able to walk around the Tenderloin (where SAF is located) at lunch time and enjoy the people, now from I've from former co-workers it's better to use the roof top garden for lunch. Once, when I was out and about I met Don Johnson and Cheech Marin, they were filming a cop show in the City. Another time I was able to say hello to Grace Slick.

The current Mayor is more interested in making headlines than actually doing thing. She started a
drop in for the homelss at United Nations Plaza, not far from City Hall, but she did NOT get the results she wanted and shut down the project....never mind the effect of lives of the people who used that drop in.

You used to see guys playing chess with the winners picking their partner when you were walking down Market Street. When they disappeared, I knew things were bad.

San Francisco lost its way when Feinstein, she never met a developer she could no to. Later came Willie Brown, who loved headlines and his redsign for City Hall, which damaged in Loma Preita included a Gold Dome. Money that could have been used for affordable housing and increased health care was instead used by Brown to create what people in the City The Taj-Ma-Willie.

Gavin Newsom tried to make thing better with Care Not Cash, where of instead of give homeless checks for rent, he began to issue a plastic card much like your Visa Card. Each card has a set amount on it. S.N.A.P. (Suppmemental Nutritianal Assistance Program) which can be used at local stores.

Lee and later Breed loved the Tech Boom and made huge accomodations for Tech Companies. In doing so they gave tax breaks to companies and the City continues to lose money.

I have heard time and again, the Homeless should just get a job and things are fixed.

In order to get a job, and you are homeless you a set of clothes appropriate to the position you are interviewing for. You need access to showers and haircuts. You most certainly need a phone number so the person who is interviewing you can call you to tell you that you have job.

There is no simple, easy solution to help the homeless. Access to mental health care, I strongly support the most severely mentally ill be institutionalized. But there also be permanet supportive housing for the non-mentally ill with on sight services.

San Francisco could do so much, but does so little and it makes me sad. I loved the City, I graduated high school in the City. Now, all these years later, its all about bringing in more money, building luxury highrises (one of highrises, The Millennum Tower is both sinking and leaning. Million Dollar apartments with breath taking views leaning and sinking..). That says just about everything that is wrong in City.

Thanks for letting me vent.
1. One does not get a job without a phone number. 2. One does not get an email without a phone number. 3. One does not shop online without a phone number.

666 kuklos exothen. One might think John of Patmos was still deliriously quilling away into the night on that island.

The first major violence to assure perpetuation of 1-3 was the theft of telephone booths, regardless under what pretext that theft occurred.

This is dated 30 Aug 2023, though clicking on that specific Twitter site will only show dates from 2020-2022. Also, the reader cannot see any replies to this Babylon Bee piece. Welcome to Musk's new nazism.

1. One does not get a job without a phone number. 2. One does not get an email without a phone number. 3. One does not shop online without a phone number.

666 kuklos exothen. One might think John of Patmos was still deliriously quilling away into the night on that island.

The first major violence to assure perpetuation of 1-3 was the theft of telephone booths, regardless under what pretext that theft occurred.

Yes, I know. That is why I wrote it. Without a means to communicate with a prospective employer, then there is no way to get a job. At SAF, in the Social Work Center the Counselors encouraged their clients to use their number as means for prospective employers to get in contact with them.

Many former clients of SAF did use that number and went on to work. Clients also access to clean clothes through the wareshouse progam and for a hot shower we could them into YMCA or Salvation Army.

This is dated 30 Aug 2023, though clicking on that specific Twitter site will only show dates from 2020-2022. Also, the reader cannot see any replies to this Babylon Bee piece. Welcome to Musk's new nazism.
It's still funny

It's still funny
Here's what's not funny, before 2024 elections, to IQs above 80: Ramaswamy wants Musk as VP.

The USMB prisoner does not have access to this article, even though it has been correctly transcribed. They will be forced to enter the article's title on Google or Yahoo to prove the URL we try to post here:

3 Jul 2023 How Twitter's New Drastic Changes Will Affect What Users Can View on the Site
https
This is an early example of Musk's new nazism. Enjoy.
It's still funny
You think Musk's fascism is funny? We used to have access to over 50 of the best Twitter minds exposing the story of an American-assisted Chinese communist virus to the world. IQs above 80 may not be laughing, because Ramaswamy wants Musk as VP.

Here is an early expression of Musk's nazism, regardless of the pretext claimed ("data scraping"):

3 Jul 2023 How Twitter's New Drastic Changes Will Affect What Users Can View on the Site
theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/03/how-twitter-new-changes-will-affect-users-rate-limited-limit-exceeded-restrictions

This is not only about Twitter "users." It's about dead people who now don't have the chance to talk back.

Here's what's not funny, before 2024 elections, to IQs above 80: Ramaswamy wants Musk as VP.

The USMB prisoner does not have access to this article, even though it has been correctly transcribed. They will be forced to enter the article's title on Google or Yahoo to prove the URL we try to post here:

https

You think Musk's fascism is funny? We used to have access to over 50 of the best Twitter minds exposing the story of an American-assisted Chinese communist virus to the world. IQs above 80 may not be laughing, because Ramaswamy wants Musk as VP.

Here is an early expression of Musk's nazism, regardless of the pretext claimed ("data scraping"):

theguardian.com/technology/2023/jul/03/how-twitter-new-changes-will-affect-users-rate-limited-limit-exceeded-restrictions

This is not only about Twitter "users." It's about dead people who now don't have the chance to talk back.
The URL is correctly transcribed, and can be proven by typing it in the spacebar.

Yes, I know. That is why I wrote it. Without a means to communicate with a prospective employer, then there is no way to get a job. At SAF, in the Social Work Center the Counselors encouraged their clients to use their number as means for prospective employers to get in contact with them.

Many former clients of SAF did use that number and went on to work. Clients also access to clean clothes through the wareshouse progam and for a hot shower we could them into YMCA or Salvation Army.
Rest assured, California administration psychopaths will prevent this person who borrows a telephone number from having anywhere to place their tiny home, even if they have worked for every piece of it and kept in in storage until assembled.

Los Angeles was one of the first nazisms we saw, when a musician built them and gave them away for free, at which time the City confiscated them.

Why should marauding IKEA baboons work, when its class difference, not race difference, that fuels this gestapo machine?

Rest assured, California administration psychopaths will prevent this person who borrows a telephone number from having anywhere to place their tiny home, even if they have worked for every piece of it and kept in in storage until assembled.

Los Angeles was one of the first nazisms we saw, when a musician built them and gave them away for free, at which time the City confiscated them.

Why should marauding IKEA baboons work, when its class difference, not race difference, that fuels this gestapo machine?

No such administration exists. Governor Newsom is exploring new laws to keep the violent mentally ill in secure facilities. The homeless problem dates back when Ronnie cut funding mental health hospitals as a cost cutting maneuver. He promised to provide funds to the cities to deal the increased mentally ill on the streets and he did not.

You are not as informed on the Homeless situation as I am, I worke homeless and at risk homeless for over 20-Years. Your use facist terminology shows that. As I wrote previously, there is no simple easy to end homelessness. Throwing hateful language never helps.

https

I haven't seen anything like what you are talking about. Ramaswamy is getting a lot of buzz right now and is clogging up the SM sites with posts....but it's not any different than the Kellog bod that went out with the slogan "I am a Christian " but didn't know the first thing about the contents of scriptures.

Ramaswamy talks way too fast with lousy, misinformed ideas to ever be elected president. He is as he acts like...a con man.
Musk is a businessman no different than Trump. And Musk wouldn't take the job because of the cut in pay and loss of technology that he is always pushing the leading edge of.

This new store will open just a few blocks away from the closed Nordstrom store.
Stupid is as stupid does. IKEA seems to have always had a good head on their shoulder but they really dropped the ball this time. Guess they are expecting a booming business from the homeless/migrant shelters which will eventually open up in Nordstrom. One thing to their advantage is it ain't easy to smash and grab at IKEA.

Forum List

Back