If you're a Conservative / Republican has your business been affected by Leftist Bias ?

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
With the Left controlling nearly all of Social media, News media, social networking sites, search engines etc....

I was wondering if there are any people who have been directly affected by this bias. For example, as a Republican / Conservative, has your online business been pushed down in the search indexes such that your competition (possibly a vocal Progressive Leftist) has moved far up ahead of you?

Reason I ask is if you search you'll see that there have been several lawsuits claiming it has happened.
(While it doesn't specifically say which political group may have been most affected, given the climate, is it far-fetched to assume the bulk of it happened to Right wing businesses? Remember the IRS scandal against rightwing non-profits?
Google reaches $22.5 million AdWords lawsuit settlement

We Do know that it's no secret that Conservative voices are silenced on University campuses and such as happened to MANY conservatives on Twitter and Facebook for example.

But have YOU or anyone you know lost business due to actions of the large Leftist powerful media and search engine giants?

With the Left controlling nearly all of Social media, News media, social networking sites, search engines etc....

I was wondering if there are any people who have been directly affected by this bias. For example, as a Republican / Conservative, has your online business been pushed down in the search indexes such that your competition (possibly a vocal Progressive Leftist) has moved far up ahead of you?

Reason I ask is if you search you'll see that there have been several lawsuits claiming it has happened.
(While it doesn't specifically say which political group may have been most affected, given the climate, is it far-fetched to assume the bulk of it happened to Right wing businesses? Remember the IRS scandal against rightwing non-profits?

We Do know that it's no secret that Conservative voices are silenced on University campuses and such as happened to MANY conservatives on Twitter and Facebook for example.

But have YOU or anyone you know lost business due to actions of the large Leftist powerful media and search engine giants?

Not me really, no.

Why aren't "conservatives" enraged about this example of government bias against business?
"Trump to staff on AT&T/Time Warner merger: 'I want that deal blocked!'
White House staff apparently ignored Trump's demands to intervene in DOJ review.
JON BRODKIN - 3/4/2019, 1:51 PM

Trump to staff on AT&T/Time Warner merger: “I want that deal blocked!”

"President Donald Trump tried to pressure the Department of Justice into blocking AT&T's acquisition of Time Warner Inc., according to a new report by The New Yorker.

"However, White House staff apparently ignored the president's orders to pressure the DOJ, and it's not clear whether Trump ever made any demands to the DOJ directly.

"The New Yorker report—titled 'The Making of the Fox News White House'—details Trump's close relationship with Fox and his disdain for Fox competitors that provide less-glowing news coverage of his presidency."

Why aren't "conservatives" enraged about this example of government bias against business?
White House staff apparently ignored Trump's demands to intervene in DOJ review.

"President Donald Trump tried to pressure the Department of Justice into blocking AT&T's acquisition of Time Warner Inc., according to a new report by The New Yorker.

"However, White House staff apparently ignored the president's orders to pressure the DOJ, and it's not clear whether Trump ever made any demands to the DOJ directly.

"The New Yorker report—titled 'The Making of the Fox News White House'—details Trump's close relationship with Fox and his disdain for Fox competitors that provide less-glowing news coverage of his presidency."

So now what percentage of internet and phone access do those 2 combined companies now control, nimrod? Keep in mind there's only 2 other major players.

Now I know why there's "Spectrum iPhone" commercials, they took AT&T over. You're really stupid for advocating for a monopolistic merger.

I don't advertise my political leanings and I don't get into political discussions with employees or customers.

So now what percentage of internet and phone access do those 2 combined companies now control, nimrod? Keep in mind there's only 2 other major players.

Now I know why there's "Spectrum iPhone" commercials, they took AT&T over. You're really stupid for advocating for a monopolistic merger.

That's funny, Twink.
How likely is it a crony-capitalist/conman like Trump would be concerned with a transfer of income from consumers to the owners of the monopoly?

monopoly_welfare_1.png

Pure Monopoly: Economic Effects

Trump wanted the merger blocked because of his personal dislike of CNN, which should be a motive all true conservatives would object to, right?

The Making of the Fox News White House

"The Justice Department, meanwhile, went to court in an effort to stop A. T. & T.’s acquisition of Time Warner, which owns CNN. Time Warner saw the deal as essential to its survival at a time when the media business is increasingly dominated by giant competitors such as Google and Facebook.

"Murdoch understood this impulse: in 2014, 21st Century Fox had tried, unsuccessfully, to buy Time Warner.

"For him, opposing his rivals’ deal was a matter of shrewd business.

"Trump also opposed the deal, but many people suspected that his objection was a matter of petty retaliation against CNN.

Last edited:

That's funny, Twink.
How likely is it a crony-capitalist/conman like Trump would be concerned with a transfer of income from consumers to the owners of the monopoly?

monopoly_welfare_1.png

Trump wanted the merger blocked because of his personal dislike of CNN, which should be a motive all true conservatives would object to, right?

"The Justice Department, meanwhile, went to court in an effort to stop A. T. & T.’s acquisition of Time Warner, which owns CNN. Time Warner saw the deal as essential to its survival at a time when the media business is increasingly dominated by giant competitors such as Google and Facebook.

"Murdoch understood this impulse: in 2014, 21st Century Fox had tried, unsuccessfully, to buy Time Warner.

"Trump also opposed the deal, but many people suspected that his objection was a matter of petty retaliation against CNN.

:eek: You got it bad, bro.

From your own link:

"The Disadvantages of a Monopoly to Society
Because consumers of a monopoly product pay a higher price than they would have under a competitive market, there is a transfer of income from the consumers to the owners of the monopoly."

"The other great disadvantage of a monopoly is that it often does not seek to improve its products more than it must, since there is no incentive to do so. In fact, there could be incentive not to do so."

Yet here you are, cheering for monopolies. Yay! High prices, huh?

Last edited:

That's funny, Twink.

monopoly_welfare_1.png

From your own link:

Because consumers of a monopoly product pay a higher price than they would have under a competitive market, there is a transfer of income from the consumers to the owners of the monopoly."

"The other great disadvantage of a monopoly is that it often does not seek to improve its products more than it must, since there is no incentive to do so. In fact, there could be incentive not to do so."

You got it bad, bro
mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

It's about to get much worse.

That's funny, Twink.

monopoly_welfare_1.png

From your own link:

You got it bad, bro

You think it's about CNN? You are seriously one obtuse individual. It's about roughly 50% or more of the country's communication network. Without Spectrum or Verizon, one does not get CNN or use a phone, dumbass!

CNN is like 1 cheesy poof in a big bag compared to this merger.

PS: You don't get Google or Facebook without them, either.

poor little snowflake, so mistreated.

That's a clear abuse of power

If you do not like the way that Social media, News media, social networking sites, search engines etc do their jobs, create your own and compete. That is what this country is all about.

You're a fucking idiot. I'm going to be very happy when he cranks back a big stick like Teddy and smashes them into 50 competitors.

You're a fucking idiot. I'm going to be very happy when he cranks back a big stick like Teddy and smashes them into 50 competitors.
That's not the issue.

There very well be a case for blocking that merger..but Trump is doing it based on his own whims.

THAT is the problem.

He's also promoting a different merger that helps him and some friends

That's funny, Twink.

monopoly_welfare_1.png

From your own link:

You got it bad, bro

You think it's about CNN? You are seriously one obtuse individual. It's about roughly 50% or more of the country's communication network. Without Spectrum or Verizon, one does not get CNN or use a phone, dumbass!

I'm not arguing in favor of monopolies. I'm arguing against Trump or any other POTUS deciding which mergers get approved and which get stopped"

"Last June, after only six months of deliberation, the Trump Administration approved Fox’s bid to sell most of its entertainment assets to Disney, for seventy-one billion dollars.

"The Murdoch family will receive more than two billion dollars in the deal, and will become a major stockholder in the combined company.

"The Justice Department expressed no serious antitrust concerns, even though the combined company will reportedly account for half the box-office revenue in America.

"Trump publicly congratulated Murdoch even before the Justice Department signed off on the deal, and claimed that it would create jobs. In fact, the consolidation is projected to result in thousands of layoffs."

That's funny, Twink.

monopoly_welfare_1.png

From your own link:

You got it bad, bro

I'm not arguing in favor of monopolies. I'm arguing against Trump or any other POTUS deciding which mergers get approved and which get stopped"

The precedent was set in 1890 by Teddy Roosevelt, get real. What's disturbing is the Justice Department's lack of concern over the monopolization.

That's funny, Twink.

monopoly_welfare_1.png

From your own link:

You got it bad, bro

The precedent was set in 1890 by Teddy Roosevelt, get real. What's disturbing is the Justice Department's lack of concern over the monopolization.
Anti-monopolization would seem like a good political move for Trump to take, especially at this point in his first term?

An Unpredictable Matchup: Donald Trump vs. Big Business - The Atlantic

"Whether Donald Trump would like to pursue that agenda remains largely unclear.

"On antitrust regulations, as on so many subjects, he has refrained from articulating a clear policy position, save for a few isolated remarks and a promise to block the proposed deal between AT&T and Time Warner.

"Still, he may have good reason to embrace antitrust enforcement. 'His base is largely populated by people who are struggling … who are probably on the short end of the inequality stick,' says Diana Moss, the president of the American Antitrust Institute, an advocacy group.

"Moss thinks that robust antitrust enforcement would be in keeping with Trump’s populist campaign promises."

Just thought I would fix this up properly:

With the People controlling nearly all of Social media, News media, social networking sites, search engines etc....

I was wondering if there are any people who have been directly affected by this bias by People. For example, as an Asshole, has your online business been pushed down in the search indexes such that your competition (possibly a Person) has moved far up ahead of you?

(While it doesn't specifically say which group may have been most affected, given the climate, is it far-fetched to assume the bulk of it happened to Asshole businesses?

Remember the IRS scandal against rightwing non-profits (which was later judged as non partisan and had been going on since 2004). Lets just say we remember the RW persecution complex...
Google reaches $22.5 million AdWords lawsuit settlement (Frivolous Lawsuit)

We Do know that it's no secret that hate speech voices are silenced on University campuses and such as happened to MANY conservatives on Twitter and Facebook for example. Like John Brennan and Bill Maher, are they conservatives? The RW try and paint these kids as grown ups... They are students and they have still to learn to listen. Conservative students have the same problem.

But have YOU or anyone you know lost business due to their own actions and not take individual responsibility?

Forum List

Back