If your child was kidnapped. ..would you tolerate cops racial profiling to find her?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
A quetion...more for lefties...but whoever. Lets say your child is kidnapped. You had a flat tire near a huge but isolated apartment complex. While fixing it...someone quietly reached in and took your child.

Would you tolerate cops racial profiling to find her?

What if the cops said "Ok...most pedophiles and child kidnappers are traditionally middle age single.white males. We'll hit this apartment and check those men first". Is that ok?

OR...what if their supervisor SGT showed up and said "No men. Stop right there. Thats racial profiling. We'll start at apartment #1...and slowly work through all 600. May take us days to do it. But...it could just as easily have been a 95 year old woman or that 24 year old college girl. Or that married couple with teenage kids and dogs."

Would you want them aggressively pursuing the overwhelmingly common profile...or....being fair and blind?

A question for Michael Dukakis during the 1988 campaign sounds eerily familiar. The reason parents and other loved ones are not involved in dispensing "justice" is because vengeance is not justice. Given the limited experience the vast majority has in actual law enforcement, I believe it is a situation best left to the professionals. Watching Law and Order does not make you a detective or a prosecutor or a judge.

Of course my world would be shattered. Of course all my energy would be devoted to getting my child home safe and sound. But I would allow the police to use the techniques and tactics they train for in capturing abductors. .

If I knew the appearance of the person that took them? I would have no problem with describing him/her as white, asian or black. I think it is retarded not to.

Oh no...you didnt see the person. Statistically the vast majority of aggressive pedophiles are single middle age white men.

So...if the cops have a 1000 or so nearby suspects in an isolated apartment complex...would anyone want them targeting middle age white males first? Or go alphabetically and be fair about it...randomly interviewing. ..like the TSA does.

Forum List

Back