If You Wonder Why The Country Is Divided

Was TARP legislation or the Executive just spending money without Congress's consent?
Akshally, it was GW that got the money. The Bastard Son of Frank Marshall Davis spent it as he/she/it saw fit

Class-Biased Indentured Servitude

Why do you identify yourself as having to pay for it? Those who weren't saddled by debt had their tuition paid for by Daddy's wealth. So let the millionaires pay for what they caused. They are the same hypocritical business moguls who mandated this debt for everyone except for their sons (and their daughters, too, now, which is the real reason Feminism exists). So confiscate all trust funds.

Akshally, it was GW that got the money. The Bastard Son of Frank Marshall Davis spent it as he/she/it saw fit
But TARP was legislation.

"On this day in 2008, President George W. Bush signed legislation that allowed the U.S. Treasury to put its proposed Troubled Asset Relief Program into effect."

and Student Debt forgiveness isnt.

Class-Biased Indentured Servitude

Why do you identify yourself as having to pay for it? Those who weren't saddled by debt had their tuition paid for by Daddy's wealth. So let the millionaires pay for what they caused. They are the same hypocritical business moguls who mandated this debt for everyone except for their sons (and their daughters, too, now, which is the real reason Feminism exists).
When the loan forgiveness comes out of taxpayer's funds then I pay for it because I m cursed with paying Federal taxes.

The fact of the matter is, that the country is divided, because of a fundamental different concept of what it means to be American.
And what exactly does it mean to you to be an American....And not platitudes, but your vision of what it means....
And the idea that politics is a zero sum game. The only way to win is when the other side loses. That doesn't work in politics which requires compromise.
Democrats have made 'zero sum' their driving goal since as long as I've been aware of politics...In fact right now, the radicals that have taken over the liberals, and moderates, would like to see your fellow American's jailed for the sin of voting for Trump....The attack on Business, Freedom, and Wealth in this country is under attack from the Democrats now in control of the party...And American's are fed up with this 'new breed's' dictates....

So Confiscate All Trust Funds and Make You Preppylovers Cry
Fuck you, I'm hardly a trust fund baby. Your heroes are; mine are not.

You want to 'tax the rich' but the truth is -- You're too stupid to get to their money. What's worse than that is, THEY know you're too stupid to get to their money, I know you're too stupid and you..... Don't

You likely don't understand it. The fact that the government bailed out an industry (wrong) doesn't justify them bailing out individual students (wrong). The biggest difference between the 2 is that Congress passed a law to do the first one which doesn't make it a good idea but it's at least within the bounds of the Constitution. In the case of student loans we have the executive trying to just doing it without Congress's input. It's crazy to me that the same people who are worried about Trump acting like a dictator or being too authoritarian are pissed that Joe Biden isnt allowed to act like a dictator and more authoritarian....

Someone having punched me in the face (wrong) doesn't make me punching you in the face ok. Get it now? Sinking in? BTW nothing stopping you from picking out random students and taking on their debt.

No, you don't understand. I don't care.

Nobody with an above-room-temperature IQ uses their own money
Wrong. Some of us believe in paying our own way. My daughter graduated with ZERO debt due to good planning and serious studying on her part. Borrowing money is moronic. I can't believe the number of people who will pay 16-25% interest to save 5% on a purchase. SMH. Talk about room temperature IQs

Last edited:
No, you don't understand. I don't care.
No I understand exactly what you want. You want the President to have dictatorial powers so long as he uses them to do the things you like. IE forgive college debt etc.

I'll condemn college students after GM pays back the billions the taxpayers are on the hook for.
Hmmm…. nobody even half sane will take you seriously until you condemn the shit that needs to be condemned.
IMG_1182.jpeg

Wrong. Some of us believe in paying our own way. My daughter graduated with ZERO debt due to good planning and serious studying on her part. Borrowing money is moronic. I can't believe the number of people who will pay 16-25% interest to save 5% on a purchase. SMH. Talk about room temperature IQs
Still driving a stick-shift, betcha.

Get your new-fangled color TV yet? They're the bomb.

You are not. I use OPM (other people's money) every chance I get. WHEN it makes sense. I won't pay high interest, which usually just happens when a scumbag dimocrap is in Office and I won't borrow money to pay off a borrowed loan.

Luddite

Forum List

Back