CDZ If you were a Founding Father...

Importation was banned in 1810 or so. As for those leaving, some allowance should be made, since many were here involuntarily and some provisions should be made for their return to Africa South America, where ever they came from. For those here now and chose to stay, it's obvious they're happy and lying about hating the place. As for those crying and whining yet refuse to leave, deportation was also an option the Founders resorted to, and that went for 'citizens' as well as noncitizens.

This is going to sound REALLY bad, but as someone that enjoys studying history I find my views to be unpopular, but educated. I think what the founding fathers was perfect. Not abolished, but no more new slaves into the nation.

Let's be real, every successful civilization had forced labor at one time or another. Once the civilization becomes successful, forced labor becomes unnecessary and the citizens of that civilization become more interested in the freedom of slavery. That's what happened with European states. When their lives became more luxurious, that's when they saw slavery as an inhumane thing and fought for the rights of slaves. However, when their civilization is a mess, that's when the civilization uses forced labor to turn their land into a habitable and livable place.

That's why I don't approve of the stop of slavery in African states. If African civilization had forced labor to help with infrastructure they would be able to actually make great things with their nations. Instead... Their civilizations are fucked and will stay fucked... for a long time. Each nation has one city, maybe 2 that can be considered relevant to the world -- Cities like Lagos and Luanda. These places are hubs for commerce to trade things like diamonds, gold, oil, etc. However, the rest of their land is relatively useless due to a lack of infrastructure and workers that are completely unwilling to work.

I remember watching a movie Empire of Dust. It's a movie about some state employed Chinese engineers hired in deals with the DRC's government in order to help with their infrastructure. However, they kept running into troubles, such as how his workers kept stealing supplies, or wouldn't get to work on time. The frustrations weighed on them significantly until the end of the movie in which one of them flipped out and said this:

If you ask me, it's another way of how white people have oppressed blacks with the disguise for pretending to help. With the UN abolishing slavery for all nations, African nations will never be able get appropriate infrastructure to compete with other European nations as well as other nations that benefited from forced labor in the past, such as China. The only way any African nations would be able to eventually compete with western civs would be until western civs collapse. Until then, western civs will always have superiority over sub-Saharan civilizations.

So yea, my final point? The founding fathers should have limited slavery to ensure the slave trade doesn't grow, but still be sure it exists, and use forced labor until liberalism becomes a trend and slaves become abolished. We can't prove it, but I'm willing to bet that if the civil war didn't happen, eventually the Confederate States of America would have abolished slavery on its own once it became as rich and successful as the Union was.

According to Raymond Kea's excellent economic history of the 17th century Gold Coast, the local kingdoms imported lots of slaves to dig for gold; few were sold for export. They had slavery for thousands of years, yet only very few kingdoms ever amounted to much more than tribal groups. Kush, Coptics under Christianized culture, some North Africans who didn't have much in common with middle and southern African tribes. Those with Mediterranean, Roman, and ME contacts fared better, Egypt under the Ptolemaic dynasty reached its peak.

What would you have done regarding the issue of slavery?

Would you have prevented the formation (Constitution) of the United State of America?

Would you have immediately freed all slaves?

If so, what would you have done with them?

How else would you have handled this British institution?

I would have banned the importation of black slaves into the colonies and begun a program of repatriating the ones here back to their homeland.
Ah, but what if they didn't want to go? I mean, that's pretty much what Liberia was. But if the former black slaves wouldn't want to leave the USA, would you force them to move to Liberia, or give them the choice to stay?

I can’t imagine any black man, even to this day, not wanting to live in the utopia of Africa over the racist non-free-healthcare-giving bigoted white USA. So I doubt it would be an issue.
And Liberia is such a nice place too...no nasty whites around to oppress blacks...

75859EC8-2D19-4939-B7F1-5B256AB78C93.jpeg

Just like everything else not specified in Article I, Section 8, I would have left it up to each state to decide, individually.

True. It took an amendment to kill off slavery. That was back when the Constitution limited government rather than people.

Would you have prevented the formation (Constitution) of the United State of America?

Are we allowed to say "Hey, I'm from the future, and this slavery thing is NOT going to end well." ?

Seriously, I dunno. I visited Monticello a few years back, and it was hard to imagine how Jefferson could write, and fight, so eloquently for the cause of freedom, while simultaneously profiting from its antithesis. I guess, for all their lofty ideals and laudable accomplishments, the Founder were hypocrites, just like most all of us.

Are we allowed to say "Hey, I'm from the future, and this slavery thing is NOT going to end well." ?

Seriously, I dunno. I visited Monticello a few years back, and it was hard to imagine how Jefferson could write, and fight, so eloquently for the cause of freedom, while simultaneously profiting from its antithesis. I guess, for all their lofty ideals and laudable accomplishments, the Founder were hypocrites, just like most all of us.

Possibly not. Just products of their time. Look at the eloquence of Cicero...transcribed by his slave Tiro.
You would have to wipe human history and start ove....hey wait...don’t communist claim history begins with them?

I wouldn't of been a founding father, my views in 2019 are different then that era.

Just like there is no room at the DNC table for a JFK conservative democrat like me in today's world

I'm willing to bet that if the civil war didn't happen, eventually the Confederate States of America would have abolished slavery on its own once it became as rich and successful as the Union was.
You are correct. Slavery was abolished throughout the Western Hemisphere by the 1880s.

The point is that the Founding Fathers wrestled with all of these ideas before coming up with the only way the United States of America could have been formed. It has not been perfect, but it was the best thing to happen to Western civilization.

A correction to something said above: The South was richer than the North, from the Revolution to the Civil War, not the other way around. It was concentrated in the hands of some 2,500 families, so to outsiders the South's average white residents looked poorer. Cotton was a valuable export, even when prices fell to around 8 cents a pound.

Northern states had slavery as well in the Revolutionary era, so it wasn't just ' a southern thing'. the long winters just made them uneconomical to feed all winter just to use them in the growing seasons up north.

Well, whats this going to do, box you into thinking the South had no vital politics for this nation to send a million to fight about? Woodrow Wilson continued talking to this Nation about Confederation. About these being States not Provinces to just get Redrawn and handed over and withdrawn. States of this world and the full Diplomatic power of States to be United. The Politics that States never Have had overlords that could outdo the power of all of them combined. Or is that not American politics to you, you'll buy the TV talking about politics of TV stars? Because the Federal government Clearly has fulltime Agencies in place already to Block your abilities in American politics as sheeple. Think about it, the simplest Confederate documentation requires a genius on the internet. They are Proudly and Federally erasing Confederate Icons, I'm not talking about the war or not, look at Eisenhower his "national religious leadership" , let me say it again, "national religious leadership, Eisenhower "the Uncle" you never had, the calm strong Europe liberator, no question, "national religious leadership".

Well, whats this going to do, box you into thinking the South had no vital politics for this nation to send a million to fight about? Woodrow Wilson continued talking to this Nation about Confederation. About these being States not Provinces to just get Redrawn and handed over and withdrawn. States of this world and the full Diplomatic power of States to be United. The Politics that States never Have had overlords that could outdo the power of all of them combined. Or is that not American politics to you, you'll buy the TV talking about politics of TV stars? Because the Federal government Clearly has fulltime Agencies in place already to Block your abilities in American politics as sheeple. Think about it, the simplest Confederate documentation requires a genius on the internet. They are Proudly and Federally erasing Confederate Icons, I'm not talking about the war or not, look at Eisenhower his "national religious leadership" , let me say it again, "national religious leadership, Eisenhower "the Uncle" you never had, the calm strong Europe liberator, no question, "national religious leadership".

:threadjacked:

Slavery came to America with the Incas, Mayans, Aztecs, native tribes, followed by the Dutch, British, Spanish, and French, and Africans as well; some of the major southern slave traders were free black and Creole families.
You're saying that the European colonists were following native traditions by enslaving Africans, which is pure nonsense.

Slavery came to America with the Incas, Mayans, Aztecs, native tribes, followed by the Dutch, British, Spanish, and French, and Africans as well; some of the major southern slave traders were free black and Creole families.
You're saying that the European colonists were following native traditions by enslaving Africans, which is pure nonsense.

I'm saying slavery came to America with the Incas, Mayans, Aztecs, and other 'native' tribes. You're an idiot trying to distort what was said, typical for Whitey hating racists.

I would have done more to find a way to free.the slaves at a later date and still found the country. Keeping slavery was the only way to make sure the country was founded. But I would have tried to find someway to make it easier in the future to free them. I have no idea if it would have been possible back then. But I would have tried.

I would have done more to find a way to free.the slaves at a later date and still found the country. Keeping slavery was the only way to make sure the country was founded. But I would have tried to find someway to make it easier in the future to free them. I have no idea if it would have been possible back then. But I would have tried.

They did.

They did.
I know they did. It's hard to know exactly what they tried because we just have the end result. We don't really know all they did to try. I hate to say it, bit I don't know that they were as committed to end slavery because they looked at it differently. After all many owned slaves.

Don't misunderstand, I love our founders and I think Washington was one of the greatest men ever. Going back in time to be a founder I would try and get trickier to get the slaves free at a later date without a war

There was no way to get the Southern states to sign on if slavery were outlawed, but I probably would not have bragged about "All men are created equal" back in 1776, knowing that we were holding humans in slavery and keeping it legal.

The point of putting "All Men Are Created Equal," was simply telling the truth, and laying the foundation of our nation......and slavery was ubiquitous around the world...especially in Africa where slaves were captured by Black tribes and Arab slave traders....the ones who created the market for Black Slaves...

They did.
I know they did. It's hard to know exactly what they tried because we just have the end result. We don't really know all they did to try. I hate to say it, bit I don't know that they were as committed to end slavery because they looked at it differently. After all many owned slaves.

Don't misunderstand, I love our founders and I think Washington was one of the greatest men ever. Going back in time to be a founder I would try and get trickier to get the slaves free at a later date without a war

Check their papers.....they actually wrote extensively about the issue and you have the debates on the issue from the convention...

Forum List

Back