If you think police must match the level of force their combatants use, you are stupid.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
According to liberals, police can only use the same amount of force their suspect is using.

Therefore, if the perp pulls out nunchucks, the cop must also use nunchucks? If the perp throws a water ballon, the cop only can use water balloons?

What if the perp pulls out a 22 pistol and the cop has a 9 mm? Is that fair?

This asshole in Atlanta assaulted 2 cops and then stole a taser from one cop and turned and fired the taser at the cop. The cop was fully justified in firing his weapon at the perp.

I heard some anti cop politician say this morning that the cops in Atlanta should have let the guy go......let him go?!!!!...he was so drunk that he fell asleep in a drive thru restaurant line...how in the world could they have let him go?....what if they had and the guy killed someone driving home?....people have gone completely nuts.....any progress that the situation with Floyd has brought about is gone due to the over the top nonsense from the left.....

It will be fascinating to see what his blood alcohol content is from the autopsy.

Maybe the dumb asshole shouldn’t have wrestled and assaulted 2 police.

He was trying to steal a weapon from them. There were 2 guns within arms reach of the dead drunk guy.

Police were totally justified.

Point Of Order...

I take issue with the thread title...

The OP said:
If you think police must match the level of force their combatants use

You can not "think" that. That conclusion can not possibly be the result of a THOUGHT. Anyone who says something that stupid may believe it, or they're parroting agitprop, but it did not come from an individual who actually made a critical analysis of some data and determined that police need to wait until they're shot at before they shoot someone.

It won't surprise me to find out a shit ton of sniveling moonbat pukes do believe it, but it should never be asserted "people" like that actually "think". Some may notice that when I discuss leftist dogma and liberal stupidity, I never use the word "think" in regards to what goes on in whatever sphincter functions as a libturd parasite's "mind".

According to liberals, police can only use the same amount of force their suspect is using.

Therefore, if the perp pulls out nunchucks, the cop must also use nunchucks? If the perp throws a water ballon, the cop only can use water balloons?

This asshole in Atlanta assaulted 2 cops and then stole a taser from one cop and turned and fired the taser at the cop. The cop was fully justified in firing his weapon at the perp.

I identify as attack helicopter. How are the police going to match this?

I heard some anti cop politician say this morning that the cops in Atlanta should have let the guy go......let him go?!!!!...he was so drunk that he fell asleep in a drive thru restaurant line...how in the world could they have let him go?....what if they had and the guy killed someone driving home?....people have gone completely nuts.....any progress that the situation with Floyd has brought about is gone due to the over the top nonsense from the left.....

First, by letting him go that doesn't mean the guy can get back into his car and drive off. I dunno if the cops did this, but if I'm the cop the 1st thing I do is grab the keys so he can't drive anywhere. If he still has his keys then I impound his car and make sure the drunk doesn't come back and get into his car before the tow truck gets there. Which BTW the drunk pays for when he sobers up.

Second, I don't shoot a drunk guy in the back for DUI. the cops have to know whether he's got a weapon on him; they shoulda frisked him as soon as he gets out of the car. So, if all he has is a taser gun, them things have a fairly short range, right? He runs off, so you call it in: drunk on the loose, on foot but armed with a taser gun, right? Other cops show up and you trail the guy, you know where he lives, right? Even if he evades you, you IDed him and you already have him for Resisting and you got his car. Sooner or later he's gotta come to the police if you don't find him first. Chances are he's asleep on the ground somewhere anyway.

It's one thing if we're talking about a violent criminal with a history of hurting people. If that's the case, then yeah you gotta make sure he doesn't hurt someone else even if that means you shoot him. Otherwise, what's the worst that could happen? The guy gets away and you don't get a bust for DUI. But you still have his car though and when he surfaces at some point, which he will, you take him into custody and he faces a judge. Alive.

Now there are some assumptions here. The cops must know who they're dealing with, does he have a rap sheet with violent behavior or not? That's the first you do as a cop, find out who the hell this guy is and does he have a record of trouble. Does he still have his keys? Might still be in the ignition. What's the range of that taser? Follow the guy out of that range, hard to believe he can get far in his condition. He turns around, you fire a shot in the air and tell him to drop the weapon. I think there's a fair chance he gives up. When your backup arrives, I have to think he'd know it's over.

First, by letting him go that doesn't mean the guy can get back into his car and drive off. I dunno if the cops did this, but if I'm the cop the 1st thing I do is grab the keys so he can't drive anywhere. If he still has his keys then I impound his car and make sure the drunk doesn't come back and get into his car before the tow truck gets there. Which BTW the drunk pays for when he sobers up.

Second, I don't shoot a drunk guy in the back for DUI. the cops have to know whether he's got a weapon on him; they shoulda frisked him as soon as he gets out of the car. So, if all he has is a taser gun, them things have a fairly short range, right? He runs off, so you call it in: drunk on the loose, on foot but armed with a taser gun, right? Other cops show up and you trail the guy, you know where he lives, right? Even if he evades you, you IDed him and you already have him for Resisting and you got his car. Sooner or later he's gotta come to the police if you don't find him first. Chances are he's asleep on the ground somewhere anyway.

It's one thing if we're talking about a violent criminal with a history of hurting people. If that's the case, then yeah you gotta make sure he doesn't hurt someone else even if that means you shoot him. Otherwise, what's the worst that could happen? The guy gets away and you don't get a bust for DUI. But you still have his car though and when he surfaces at some point, which he will, you take him into custody and he faces a judge. Alive.

Now there are some assumptions here. The cops must know who they're dealing with, does he have a rap sheet with violent behavior or not? That's the first you do as a cop, find out who the hell this guy is and does he have a record of trouble. Does he still have his keys? Might still be in the ignition. What's the range of that taser? Follow the guy out of that range, hard to believe he can get far in his condition. He turns around, you fire a shot in the air and tell him to drop the weapon. I think there's a fair chance he gives up. When your backup arrives, I have to think he'd know it's over.
You can't leave him anywhere.......after you make contact with a drunken person as a cop they become your responsibility...if they left him and he walks to the bathroom and gets hit by a truck the cops are at fault....they had no other option but to arrest him and take him to jail to sober up....AND....had the guy cooperated with them...guess what......he would be alive today....

This guy does have a history of hurting people specifically children. Which is why he was serving a seven year sentence. That past behavior clearly hadn’t changed by demonstration of his behavior toward the police. He was squirming to escape from the moment the police arrived. Because he knew as soon as he was taken into custody he would be sent back to prison for violation of his parole.

MAJOR OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT

CASE NO: 794205
OFFENSE: simple battery
CONVICTION COUNTY: CLAYTON COUNTY
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/31/2014
SENTENCE LENGTH: 0 YEARS, 12 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
OFFENSE: cruelty to children
OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT
SENTENCE LENGTH: 7 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
OFFENSE: family violence battery
OFFENSE: THEFT BY REC STOLEN PROP
CRIME COMMIT DATE: 03/02/2013
OFFENSE: CRMNL INTERFERE GOVT PROP
SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
OFFENSE: obstr of law enf officer

Last edited:

Why should he get a pass on the DUI?

This guy does have a history of hurting people specifically children. Which is why he was serving a seven year sentence. That past behavior clearly hadn’t changed by demonstration of his behavior toward the police. He was squirming to escape from the moment the police arrived. Because he knew as soon as he was taken into custody he would be sent back to prison for violation of his parole.

MAJOR OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT

OFFENSE: simple battery
OFFENSE: cruelty to children
OFFENSE: FALSE IMPRISONMENT
OFFENSE: family violence battery
OFFENSE: THEFT BY REC STOLEN PROP
OFFENSE: CRMNL INTERFERE GOVT PROP
SENTENCE LENGTH: 5 YEARS, 0 MONTHS, 0 DAYS
OFFENSE: obstr of law enf officer

Thanks for the criminal history on this guy.
I searched high and low and found nothing when a lib said he couldnt find anything on him.

People who dont have a criminal past aren't likely to all of a sudden start fighting the cops.

Why should he get a pass on the DUI?

He doesn't get a pass on anything. You got his car, so he can't drive away. You call it in, and backup arrives and you go get the guy which shouldn't be too hard cuz he's drunk. JMO, okay? I'm not seeing the need to shoot the guy while he's running away, that's all. Not for a DUI.

Liberals, you are stupid. I summarized.

Forum List

Back