If the U.S gains 2.5M jobs when so much of your economy is closed, how many will you gain once it reopens?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
In particular, those places in which they refuse to re-open are costing the jobs of minority workers and businesses. Any inability for some locations to NOT recover, is all on them, it's not on Trump. He wants the country re-opened, those who don't, should face anger by their local citizens.

Those states that are re-opening and growing fast, those who stay closed as losing jobs. It's not difficult to see. The world should take note and follow suit where possible.

I believe that small businesses will take a huge hit. Some may even go out of business. But overall, I am sure the number will be slightly higher. But not as high as many economists are predicting.

In particular, those places in which they refuse to re-open are costing the jobs of minority workers and businesses. Any inability for some locations to NOT recover, is all on them, it's not on Trump. He wants the country re-opened, those who don't, should face anger by their local citizens.

Those states that are re-opening and growing fast, those who stay closed as losing jobs. It's not difficult to see. The world should take note and follow suit where possible.

It is on Trump. He could work on getting more tests available so we can re-open more safely. Trump is not interested. Things will likely get uglier as states and local governments are forced to cut their budgets and lay off employees.

It is on Trump. He could work on getting more tests available so we can re-open more safely. Trump is not interested. Things will likely get uglier as states and local governments are forced to cut their budgets and lay off employees.

He is on calls with them constantly. He has said, "if they want tests, we will help them obtain them though us".

Seems that some states didn't save for a rainy day. Reminds me of Ontario. We lost 65,000 jobs last month, the only province int he country that lost jobs.

Aren't you Canucks receiving $2k/mo ($1,488.57 in real money) for four months? It would be nice if the skidmark did that for the working stiffs here in the US.

Aren't you Canucks receiving $2k/mo ($1,488.57 in real money) for four months? It would be nice if the skidmark did that for the working stiffs here in the US.

$2k if you qualify. Those guys wouldn't give me $5 if they can avoid it. The economy is the laughingstock of the West so I'm not going to push them for assistance. They've done more than enough for me that's for sure...

He is on calls with them constantly. He has said, "if they want tests, we will help them obtain them though us".

Seems that some states didn't save for a rainy day. Reminds me of Ontario. We lost 65,000 jobs last month, the only province int he country that lost jobs.
As Florida has seen, when you start testing people the new COVID 19 cases increase.

What sector were the lost jobs? Automobile production?

$2k if you qualify. Those guys wouldn't give me $5 if they can avoid it. The economy is the laughingstock of the West so I'm not going to push them for assistance. They've done more than enough for me that's for sure...
You qualified for the $2k?

What percentage of Canadian GDP is consumer spending? Ours is 70%.

I believe that small businesses will take a huge hit. Some may even go out of business. But overall, I am sure the number will be slightly higher. But not as high as many economists are predicting.
The small businesses though are caught in a quandry. They make their livings there. The big chain stores should just pack up and leave. We all pay the price in increased costs for products for so much of this bullshit. The people moving headquarters to cities need to do a rethinking.

Almost all of the jobs will come back , the few that do not, because of businesses closing, will be replaced by new businesses and new opportunities.

Betting against America is a losing strategy.

Here's great news too!
Most pension funds invest in the S&P 500.
At the end of February, it was down 34%.
Now, it is down only 6%.

Fantastic news for pensioners! :banana:

The number of tests available are still insufficient to protect public safety. South Korea has outshined the US in testing.

Most states had rainy day funds. No one can be expected to plan for a calamity such as this. Red states and blue states have issues.

The number of tests available are still insufficient to protect public safety. South Korea has outshined the US in testing.

Most states had rainy day funds. No one can be expected to plan for a calamity such as this. Red states and blue states have issues.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Forum List

Back