If the service is good at a sit down restaurant, do you tip the waitress?

If the service is good at a sit down restaurant, do you tip the waitress?

• Yes I tip the customary 10 to 15%

• No

• Yes if the service is good, Iā€™ll Tip very well

• Hell no!! Why should I care about a waitress.! Why should I spend extra money on a tip?

Results are only viewable after voting.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Tipping has been customary in America since after the Civil War.

Most Americans follow the culture in this country of tipping the waitress at the restaurant. But some donā€™t and Iā€™ve actually seen some waitresses run out of the restaurant chasing after people who donā€™t tip. saying ā€œ I have kids to feed. What are you doing to me?ā€

Last edited:

Most Americans follow the culyhere in this country of tipping the waitress at the restaurant. But some donā€™t and Iā€™ve actually seen some waitresses run out of the restaurant chasing after people who donā€™t tip. saying ā€œ I have kids to feed. What are you doing to me?ā€

Most Americans follow the culyhere in this country of tipping the waitress at the restaurant. But some donā€™t and Iā€™ve actually seen some waitresses run out of the restaurant chasing after people who donā€™t tip. saying ā€œ I have kids to feed. What are you doing to me?ā€

I usually tip somewhere in the 20-25% range even if the service was crappy. Usually those issues are the result of the back of the house, not the server. There were only 2 instances in my adult life where I left no tip in the US where it is customary. One was at a restaurant that lasted less than 2 months in my city the service was so horrible. At that one I just ordered ice water to drink and the waitress refused me saying she wasn't going to waste her time on items she doesn't get tip off of so I needed to order something else. I sat there the entire time with nothing in front of me telling her until I got my damn water I wasn't ordering crap. Eventually the manager got involved and he was even worse so I paid for the whole group's meals and left zero tip. The second was at a seafood place in Florida that was an all you can eat buffet where the only thing the waitress did was fill your drinks. With three tables in the place occupied she would still take 30-45 minutes once you asked to refill your glass and she was an entitled bitch about it every time you asked. Screw her.

Yup, I tip even when I do take-outs. The kitchen staff also need help.

Fucking A 15%? What a cheap skate;) I generally tip 20%.

Well said

I was always told tip 10-15% for average service ā€¦. If the service is excellent tip more .

šŸ‘

Somewhere along the way and for some reason, 20% became the "new standard". I bought a <$5 breakfast sandwich today, fast food. She couldn't speak much English, and was confused by "with CRISP bacon", drive-through. At the window she says "always crisp". Ok, we'll see. Damn straight crisp. I put it into reverse and tipped her a buck. Sonic makes a good one.

Somewhere along the way and for some reason, 20% became the "new standard". I bought a <$5 breakfast sandwich today, fast food. She couldn't speak much English, and was confused by "with CRISP bacon", drive-through. At the window she says "always crisp". Ok, we'll see. Damn straight crisp. I put it into reverse and tipped her a buck. Sonic makes a good one.
Excellent job there most people would never think of tipping a McDonaldā€™s or Bk worker.

I once tipped the cart delivery guy at Wegmans $100. He is an adult with mental disabilities but he works hard and is very polite ā€¦I respect that

I tip at sit down restaurants if it's a good experience. Went to a Seattle Mariners game and went up to the concessions stand. There was a tip jar. They're paid almost $16/hr. and don't have to serve, pick up dishes, etc. Just put the food on the counter. It's like $20 for a beer and hot dog. No way am I tipping.

Forum List

Back