If the Republicans win the Senate in 2020 they will end the ACA

Ah yes the ACA, we had the only president in history to require citizens to purchase a product from a third party. Imagine another president telling everyone you must purchase a tablet no personal computers allowed, you must have a tablet or pay a penalty.

The ACA forced some companies to hire part time employees instead of full time in order to avoid the mandate.

Prices for insurance policies went up. Costs to subsidize ACA took more of a national budget which meant either cutting budgets or increasing the national debt.

Talk to the the insurance companies, it was no skin off of their backs.

like you worry about the national debt when you just got the tax cut for the wealthy. don't even try to give that crap. The only time Republicans worry about the debt is when Democrats are in control.

On NBC News’ Meet the Press Sunday morning, host David Gregory resurrected a favorite right-wing attack on the Affordable Care Act, asking House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to defend her 2010 comment that

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”
The Context Behind Nancy Pelosi’s Famous ‘We Have to Pass the Bill’ Quote
----------------------------------------------------------
republicans always forget the last part.

Of course it's "controversial", Penelope! When you're making sweeping changes to something that affects 1/6th of our economy but nobody knows what's in your bill...OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO CAUSE CONTROVERSY!!!

It was a ridiculous statement by Pelosi when she made it...and you just come across as clueless when you try and put it into a context where it's NOT ridiculous!

The republicans have been trying to destroy it since inception. Now answer me this, is how you cheap Republican led states do not expand Medicaid, like Texas the no 1 state in the US and the US is the no 1 country in the developed world with the highest maternal mortality. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't give a rip. You republicans are the most inhumane creatures on the face of the earth.
The ACA was set up to fail by it's architects, Penny! You're simply too stupid to grasp that concept!

No it wasn't, the republicans held it back. Now the Democrats will go for universal health care.

Penny made an uncharacteristically accurate, but incomplete statement.

The ACA is going down no matter who wins. The ACA was designed to fail. It's purpose was to fail and destroy private healthcare with it.

The GOP are hopefully looking to add more choice for Americans.

The DEMs, as usual, are looking to remove freedoms in order to increase their power at the expense of the people.

On NBC News’ Meet the Press Sunday morning, host David Gregory resurrected a favorite right-wing attack on the Affordable Care Act, asking House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to defend her 2010 comment that

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”

Of course it's "controversial", Penelope! When you're making sweeping changes to something that affects 1/6th of our economy but nobody knows what's in your bill...OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO CAUSE CONTROVERSY!!!

It was a ridiculous statement by Pelosi when she made it...and you just come across as clueless when you try and put it into a context where it's NOT ridiculous!

The republicans have been trying to destroy it since inception. Now answer me this, is how you cheap Republican led states do not expand Medicaid, like Texas the no 1 state in the US and the US is the no 1 country in the developed world with the highest maternal mortality. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't give a rip. You republicans are the most inhumane creatures on the face of the earth.
The ACA was set up to fail by it's architects, Penny! You're simply too stupid to grasp that concept!

No it wasn't, the republicans held it back. Now the Democrats will go for universal health care.

Held what back? You liberals rammed that bill through despite opposition from the GOP. The architect of the ACA candidly admitted that they lied to get it passed because they didn't think the American people were smart enough to understand what it was. You're living proof that he was right!

and everything that goes with it. They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

I wish. But I seriously doubt it. They had their chance to get rid of ACA and they chickened out. Trump has been sabotaging it, but ACA is still the law. They haven't repealed it, and I doubt they will. Congress never lets go of power once they have it.

and everything that goes with it. They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents). There are 34 seats up in 2020 - including a special election in Arizona - of which 22 are held by the GOP. Democrats will need to gain 3 or 4 seats to take control.
2020 Senate Election Interactive Map

and

But the 2020 map is seen as more challenging, and many in the GOP can’t understand why Trump would plunge them into a fight over health care just as he was surfing a wave of good news brought by the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“It doesn’t seem to make sense politically,” said one Republican senator, who questioned why Trump would give Democrats a new avenue of attack.

Another Republican senator said, “We would be crazy to try to go through what we went through again,” referring to the failed 2017 effort to repeal ObamaCare, which fell one vote short in the Senate.

A third Republican senator expressed hope that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will join House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in pressing Trump to back off his aggressive push to defeat the 2010 health care law in court.

GOP senators blindsided by Trump on ObamaCare

image.jpg

Ah yes the ACA, we had the only president in history to require citizens to purchase a product from a third party. Imagine another president telling everyone you must purchase a tablet no personal computers allowed, you must have a tablet or pay a penalty.

The ACA forced some companies to hire part time employees instead of full time in order to avoid the mandate.

Prices for insurance policies went up. Costs to subsidize ACA took more of a national budget which meant either cutting budgets or increasing the national debt.

You might be in for a surprise when you get to medicare age, they penalize you for not signing up for a Part D plan and did you know there is a window to get Medicare without underwriting, and you know what underwriting mean, Pre existing conditions witch will lead you to pay higher premiums.

I suspect you do not have healthcare, hence your main gripe is your don't want to have to buy it.
Well you must have a broken crystal ball. I had insurance when I was 18. I had a decent policy from then until my insurance started increasing every year after ACA wa enacted. I made too much money to qualify for subsidies. Did not make enough to afford a decent policy on my own. Have Medicare. Do not have part D I have supplemental insurance.

In case you did not notice not only were you wrong in everyone of your pronouncements but Medicare is not a third party plan. It is paid for by a tax taken out of your paycheck it is also paid by your employer. You still make payments for Medicare when you do take it. It is administered by the government it is not administered by insurance companies. Part of the reason there is so much Medicare fraud.

I suspect that you want insurance but want someone else to pay for it.

I am not posting to defend the ACA, as it defends itself.

It is more popular now than it ever has been.

They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

If they are chickenshit now, they will probably still be chickenshit after 2020.

You might be in for a surprise when you get to medicare age, they penalize you for not signing up for a Part D plan and did you know there is a window to get Medicare without underwriting, and you know what underwriting mean, Pre existing conditions witch will lead you to pay higher premiums.

I suspect you do not have healthcare, hence your main gripe is your don't want to have to buy it.
Well you must have a broken crystal ball. I had insurance when I was 18. I had a decent policy from then until my insurance started increasing every year after ACA wa enacted. I made too much money to qualify for subsidies. Did not make enough to afford a decent policy on my own. Have Medicare. Do not have part D I have supplemental insurance.

In case you did not notice not only were you wrong in everyone of your pronouncements but Medicare is not a third party plan. It is paid for by a tax taken out of your paycheck it is also paid by your employer. You still make payments for Medicare when you do take it. It is administered by the government it is not administered by insurance companies. Part of the reason there is so much Medicare fraud.

You are right about Medicare, but I was talking about Advantage Plans, Supplement Plans and Part D ins. As you know Medicare only covers 80% of approved charges.

There is much more Ins company fraud than Medicare fraud. Look no farther than Rick Scott, another republican crook.

Got to love that whole argument. California is supposed to be the greatest economic powerhouse in the U.S. some even claim that it is the fifth largest economy in the world. Yet Democrats are doing such a good job it is Trillions of dollars in debt. People are using the sidewalks for toilets. The high speed rail will never be completed though how many millions of dollars have been wasted? They pinned hopes on taxing texts to increase their money. Then you claim what about a state that is not in the same economy?

They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

If they are chickenshit now, they will probably still be chickenshit after 2020.

No, they want to get voted it, they are so very worried about their vote. Then they are good for 6 years. They can do a lot of damage in 6 years.

You are right about Medicare, but I was talking about Advantage Plans, Supplement Plans and Part D ins. As you know Medicare only covers 80% of approved charges.

There is much more Ins company fraud than Medicare fraud. Look no farther than Rick Scott, another republican crook.
Funny. Keep digging you might actually find something that makes sense. In case you have never noticed fraud is not limited to one party.

Medicare covers fully on somethings 80% on others and almost nothing on others. Try going to a dentist on Medicare.

Got to love that whole argument. California is supposed to be the greatest economic powerhouse in the U.S. some even claim that it is the fifth largest economy in the world. Yet Democrats are doing such a good job it is Trillions of dollars in debt. People are using the sidewalks for toilets. The high speed rail will never be completed though how many millions of dollars have been wasted? They pinned hopes on taxing texts to increase their money. Then you claim what about a state that is not in the same economy?

This isn't about CA, this is about the ACA and if we spend trillions on the military we can take a bit out and provide healthcare subsidies.

A person should pay for health ins according to income. Or get completely rid of the middle man the CEO's make mulit millions a year, then we can have universal healthcare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents). There are 34 seats up in 2020 - including a special election in Arizona - of which 22 are held by the GOP. Democrats will need to gain 3 or 4 seats to take control.

and

But the 2020 map is seen as more challenging, and many in the GOP can’t understand why Trump would plunge them into a fight over health care just as he was surfing a wave of good news brought by the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“It doesn’t seem to make sense politically,” said one Republican senator, who questioned why Trump would give Democrats a new avenue of attack.

Another Republican senator said, “We would be crazy to try to go through what we went through again,” referring to the failed 2017 effort to repeal ObamaCare, which fell one vote short in the Senate.

A third Republican senator expressed hope that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will join House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in pressing Trump to back off his aggressive push to defeat the 2010 health care law in court.

This is why I say we need to elect people not parties to serve us in government. What we have are people who's only interest is keeping their fat ass planted in their seat instead of doing what we pay them to do and serve our best interests. I'm sick and tired of being pandered to and someone trying to buy my vote on the cheap instead of being represented by someone with a brain and guts enough to do what's in OUR best interests for the future well being of the nation. That means no one with socalist notions of any kind need apply. Socalism simply has never and will never ever work except to destroy our nation.

and

This is why I say we need to elect people not parties to serve us in government. What we have are people who's only interest is keeping their fat ass planted in their seat instead of doing what we pay them to do and serve our best interests. I'm sick and tired of being pandered to and someone trying to buy my vote on the cheap instead of being represented by someone with a brain and guts enough to do what's in OUR best interests for the future well being of the nation. That means no one with socalist notions of any kind need apply. Socalism simply has never and will never ever work except to destroy our nation.

I suspect you are not going to accept medicare or even va hand outs, right?? That goes for SS as well.

It defends itself? Really? How exactly does that work? Parts of it have been ruled unconstitutional. It's popular with people who get huge subsidies or have pre existing conditions. The rest of us think it sucks. You defend an idea...not an actual thing! The idea is what you adore...the actual thing, you ignore!

and

I suspect you are not going to accept medicare or even va hand outs, right?? That goes for SS as well.

None of those things are "hand outs", Penelope! We pay for Social Security and Medicare through taxes we contribute over the entire course of our working lives!

Are you really this clueless...or are you trying to be funny?

It defends itself? Really? How exactly does that work? Parts of it have been ruled unconstitutional. It's popular with people who get huge subsidies or have pre existing conditions. The rest of us think it sucks. You defend an idea...not an actual thing! The idea is what you adore...the actual thing, you ignore!

Are you prepared for you ALS or Cancer diagnosis tomorrow??

Forum List

Back