If the Jan 6th committee succeeds in its goal of damaging Trump with his base, they will get DiSantis instead

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Is that really a good trade for them?

They will then have to spend at least another four years coming up with phony investigations of DiSantis, instead of just continuing the phony investigations of Trump they've been working on since 2015, at least.

They will then have to spend at least another four years coming up with phony investigations of DiSantis, instead of just continuing the phony investigations of Trump they've been working on since 2015, at least.

This is why I question if DeSantis is a "bait and switch" candidate.

If Neo-Cons are in bed with MSM and the Dems for DeSantis, will his policies as president be good for America? Will he really fight or will he be excited to become rich as a career politician and buckle at any threat to that?

Trump was unique because he was so stubborn and unwilling to bend to the Crazies. It's near impossible to find that in a career politician.

That clown show is making Trump stronger... but leave it to demtards to not recognize that truth....

DeSantis is licking his chops

So is every Republican who is not MAGA

This is why I question if DeSantis is a "bait and switch" candidate.

If Neo-Cons are in bed with MSM and the Dems for DeSantis, will his policies as president be good for America? Will he really fight or will he be excited to become rich as a career politician and buckle at any threat to that?

Trump was unique because he was so stubborn and unwilling to bend to the Crazies. It's near impossible to find that in a career politician.
DiSantis will not be as effective as Trump. Which is a shame, considering that Trump backed down on the campaign promise that was most important to his voters.

If elected, I hope DiSantis will exceed my expectations and actually build the wall, which any president has the power to do, with or without the approval of the mealy-mouths in congress. Maybe a few more rapes of ten-year-olds by illegals will convince him.

For all the talk about the Dems dumping Biden, I predict that he will be the nominee. Why would anyone want to primary him, only to be wiped out in a humiliating way by either Trump or DiSantis?

Last edited:

It's DeSantis. Not DiSantis.

ANY Republican would be better than Trump.

I would not hang the nomination on DeSantis just yet. Ask all the others who were front runners two and a half years before a presidential election.

Fred Thompson. Remember him?

Rick Perry.

Gary Hart.

Jeb Bush.

Ed Muskie.

Scott Walker.

Rudy Giuliani.

A lot can happen between now and November 2024.

DiSantis will not be as effective as Trump. Which is a shame, considering that Trump backed down on the campaign promise that was most important to his voters.

If elected, I hope DiSantis will exceed my expectations and actually build the wall, which any president has the power to do, with or without the approval of the mealy-mouths in congress. Maybe a few more rapes of ten-year-olds by illegals will convince him.

For all the talk about the Dems dumping Biden, I predict that he will be the nominee. Why would anyone want to primary him, only to be wiped out by either Trump or DiSantis.

It just seems odd that as soon as his name is bantered around he has gone relatively quiet. It's as if his Marching Orders is to "lay low".

That is not a guy who will probably be an independent fighter of policies that will ensure America succeeds. He may go where the wind blows and path of least resistance which is what all poor leaders before have done.

It's DeSantis. Not DiSantis.

ANY Republican would be better than Trump.

I would not hang the nomination on DeSantis just yet. Ask all the others who were front runners two and a half years before a presidential election.

Fred Thompson. Remember him?

Rick Perry.

Gary Hart.

Jeb Bush.

Ed Muskie.

Scott Walker.

Rudy Giuliani.

A lot can happen between now and November 2024.
Yes, anything can happen.

But you remember in 2016 how far ahead of all the other contenders Trumps started and stayed?

In 2026, it will likely be Trump again far outpacing the RINO's, DeSantis far outpacing the RINO's, or both of them battling out against each other, with the RINO's as "also rans" from the beginning.

The only hope for the RINO's if is they agree among themselves that only one of them will run, and the others will fully support that one. I don't see that happening.

It just seems odd that as soon as his name is bantered around he has gone relatively quiet. It's as if his Marching Orders is to "lay low".

That is not a guy who will probably be an independent fighter of policies that will ensure America succeeds. He may go where the wind blows and path of least resistance which is what all poor leaders before have done.
You may be right. Trump was not a gift to the Republican Party establishment. He was a gift to Republican voters of a leader not afraid of the Republican Party establishment. DeSantis may not be that.

Yes, anything can happen.

But you remember in 2016 how far ahead of all the other contenders Trumps started and stayed?

In 2026, it will likely be Trump again far outpacing the RINO's, DeSantis far outpacing the RINO's, or both of them battling out against each other, with the RINO's as "also rans" from the beginning.

The only hope for the RINO's if is they agree among themselves that only one of them will run, and the others will fully support that one. I don't see that happening.
Funny how a RINO aid now defined as anyone who does not support Trump

Big Left's hate machine has already been attacking Desantis for years, but yes, it will be stepped up a hundredfold if they manage to damage Trump.

I don't think Desantis would choose to destroy America in pursuit of petty grievances. So that's an upgrade. The bar is really low for the GOP.

DeSantis is running for re-election as Governor in Florida right now, so it would be hard for him to run campaigning on elect me as governor and I'll spend the next 2 years running for POTUS.

Because the overwhelming majority of rep voters voted for Trump to lead the Party, remember?

The Party belongs to the voters, not to the Liz Cheney's and John Cornyn's of the world.

Only if you have a monolithic party that is only open to one view

Forum List

Back