If Republicans repeal Obamacare, what are they replacing it with?

There are two alternatives; go back to the status quo where the cost of healthcare was increasing at a rate of more than 10% per year, or go to single payer. Something tells me cons don't want single payer.

Honestly, I wish we could remove employers from the equation and tell everyone they had to pay for their insurance on their own. I am self-employed, so I understand the true costs. I would love to see what would happen if all of a sudden, every family had to cough up $700 to $1500 per month just to keep their health insurance. Can you imagine the outrage. People would be taking to the streets with one protest after another. Any idea how far away from single payer we would be?

Bullshit, two alternatives my ass. Someone is living in do or die land.

welcome to the real world

Okay, toss out a plan, any plan? You can keep it as simple as possible. Go ahead, I'm waiting.

Ummm,as stated before, allow people to purchase insurance across state lines. Those not able to afford it could have access to it anyways through medicaid.

Okay, toss out a plan, any plan? You can keep it as simple as possible. Go ahead, I'm waiting.
Why replace it? It's not the federal government's job. Government is not your mommy..... That's the plan fuckwad.

Hey fuckwad, tell us how watching healthcare costs triple in the last 40 years is working for us, and how seeing them double again is going to work for us. You fucking idiots who believe we can remain on this path have your heads up your asses. All you give a shit about is making it to retirement and getting yours. You could give two shits how the next generations and even our kids are going to pay for their own healthcare. You are one stupid person.

I will tell you one thing dickhead, when costs jump to over 25% of GDP, I guarantee you the entire system is revamped and we get single payer. It won't be long, but I'm sure you are too stupid to realize this.

Why do you think the left celebrated this legislation? Because it would boost costs over 25% of GDP alot faster than doing nothing. Single payer is and always has been the goal bud, and you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Hey fuckwad, tell us how watching healthcare costs triple in the last 40 years is working for us, and how seeing them double again is going to work for us.

You tell me how you think this bill will do one damn thing to Lower health Care costs? It wont. It wont even slow the Rate at which costs are increasing.

Epic Fail.

I pay the full amount for my health insurance, because I am self-employed. Prior to Obamacare being passed, for ten straight years I saw rate increases greater than 10%. Since Obamacare passed, I have not had a rate increase greater than 4.5%. So it is not an epic fail at all. You are making statements based on nothing more than your personal opinion. That is an epic fail.

Self employed means you are a small business owner. Talk about voting against your own self interests. Wow.

Sadly, they don't have an alternative. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they did.

But the way things are currently, the Democrats suck but the Republicans suck way harder.

There are two alternatives; go back to the status quo where the cost of healthcare was increasing at a rate of more than 10% per year, or go to single payer.

Bullshit. There are far more alternatives than that.

1. At least one third of all uninsured never graduated high school, which makes total sense. You pay for your mistakes. So one blazingly obviously solution is to keep kids in school. Does ObamaCare do that?

2. Employer provided health insurance bends the cost curve up. It needs to go away. This is a labor union sop which is obsolete. But instead of removing it, ObamaCare entrenches it even further. Not only that, Obama personally raised the income tax exemption for employer provided health insurance from where his fellow Democrats had set it ($18,000) to $27,000 so his labor union buddies' Cadillac plans would not be taxed.

It takes HUGE balls to say not raising taxes on the rich costs the rest of us money when you are pen and inking a huge fucking tax break for labor union fatsoes.

ObamaCare is not about bending down the cost curve. Only an ignorant fool drinks from that particular bong.

Wake up.

3. Raise the retirement age. We are living longer, so we must work longer. There is no other reason than sheer laziness for why we are not. 6 percent of Americans were over the age of 65 when that age was set as the eligibility age for Social Security. Now, 12 percent of the US population is over 65. We have literally DOUBLED the entitlement load since SS was enacted. And it was not intended for everyone to collect Social Security Insurance since life expectancy was 60 back then. That's why it was SSI (Insurance) and not SSE (entitlement).

Life expectancy now is 78. We are living 18 years longer, creating a massive drain on the national treasury. Just raising the retirement age to 70 means we would be paying in for five years longer and taking out five years less. Medicare is a huge factor in what is driving up our health care budget.

Raise the retirement age.

4. Deregulate health insurance. I need to be able to pick up the phone and buy health insurance the exact same way I buy my auto, home, and life insurance. From any company in the country. A man in California should be able to call an insurance company based out of Maryland and pick and choose the coverage options he wants for himself and his family.

ObamaCare does not do a single one of these things.

Instead, it goes the old fashioned route of creating an unhealthy dependency on the federal government right before it bankrupts us.

ObamaCare lures the states into increasing their Medicaid rolls by subsidizing that massive extra cost for a few years.

So that is how it creates the dependency.

Then, it stops the subsidies. And then this massive cost shifts to the states, and there is no way in hell they will be able to afford it.

Of course, this happens long after the door has hit Obama's ass on his way out of the White House.

People who believe in ObamaCare are total rubes.

Seriously.

Something? Nothing?

3) Republicans have nothing to replace it with. David Frum explains that since the expansion of coverage provisions go into effect in 2014, Romney would have just one year to both repeal and replace the law. Republicans haven’t even coalesced around a single plan — and many in the party believe that the federal government should leave health care alone and want to leave the entire reform process to the states. Thus, “if replacement does not happen in the first 100 days, it won’t happen at all—that is, it won’t happen as a single measure, but rather will take the form of dozens of small incremental changes adopted episodically over the next 20 years.”

More: 4 Reasons Why Republicans Won't Be Able To Repeal Obamacare | ThinkProgress

Repeal is A Fantasy - The Daily Beast

That's their problem. This entire congress has been a series of negative ads against Obama. They've done nothing that will be anything but a blip in the history books.

The House has nothing to replace Healthcare Reform with because they don't care about it.

I say replace it with nothing, deregulate the system we had, and let the people fend for themselves. Like it was meant to be and just how the constitution lays it out.

Something? Nothing?

3) Republicans have nothing to replace it with. David Frum explains that since the expansion of coverage provisions go into effect in 2014, Romney would have just one year to both repeal and replace the law. Republicans haven’t even coalesced around a single plan — and many in the party believe that the federal government should leave health care alone and want to leave the entire reform process to the states. Thus, “if replacement does not happen in the first 100 days, it won’t happen at all—that is, it won’t happen as a single measure, but rather will take the form of dozens of small incremental changes adopted episodically over the next 20 years.”

More: 4 Reasons Why Republicans Won't Be Able To Repeal Obamacare | ThinkProgress

A) There are NOT 50 million uninsured.. less then 8.5 million.
B) Tax lawyers 10%
tax hospitals 5% of their claims sent to Medicare/ins. cos. that are padded and passed
on due to uncompensated services
Right now hospitals sometimes overcharge and MEDICARE accepts 6,000% markups!
With Medicare at $500 billion this would be a savings of nearly $40 to $50 billion!
C) This $50 billion from lawyers and Medicare would pay the premium for the truly
8.5 million!

THEN every hospital would be forced to send the claims for "uninsured" patients to the insurance company managing the Uninsured claims!

The hospitals/physicians could NOT on audits "pad and pass"!

Thus the govt. cuts Medicare costs. Cuts $600 billion defensive medicine costs!

The truly 8.5 million would then be insured!

The above Post #29 clearly shows that Republicans have had every opportunity to reform healthcare - but they didn't. Why is that?

The constitution does not authorize the federal government to meddle in healthcare. Apparently the Democrats never read the constitution.

Sadly, they don't have an alternative. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they did.

But the way things are currently, the Democrats suck but the Republicans suck way harder.

Actually..they do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpQ2MNaSDo]Democrat Alan Grayson Claims "Republicans Want You To Die" (Longer Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, because the GOP wants people to die. I expected a post like this from you Swallow. But you know what, if anybody on either side of the isle are murderers, it's those on the left who advocate the murder of innocent babies while they are still in the womb.

Actually..they do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPpQ2MNaSDo]Democrat Alan Grayson Claims "Republicans Want You To Die" (Longer Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Good old Alan Grayson, the hypocrite. Tell us Sallow, Where is Alan Grayson these days??? Oh that's right, the voters rejected his shenanigans after only one short term. Please do continue to use that shitbag to advance your silly narrative....After all, it worked so well for Alan. :cuckoo:

Something? Nothing?

The new administration and Congress would work TOGETHER and stop the haphazard fly by night actions the ACA found itself in posing problems for businesses and tax problems for people. Some of their ideas include:

1. If the law that the GOP calls “Obamacare” is upheld, Republicans will step up their calls to repeal the entire law and make the claim that the law is “making things worse” and hurting small businesses.

2. enact “step- by-step” reforms to “protect Americans’ access to the care they need, form the doctor they choose, at a lower cost.”

3. (include) a series of health insurance reforms, including ones that are popular, such as the prohibition against those with pre-existing conditions.

4. allowing small businesses “to pool resources to purchase health insurance” for employees, opening the door for health insurance to be purchased across state lines, targeting malpractice lawsuits against doctors, expanding health savings accounts and giving state governments unspecified “incentives” to lower costs.

5. the GOP will argue that the party would help those patients by giving them access to “affordable coverage by strengthening existing high-risk pools,” the document says.
Read more: Health care reform: GOP sens to go slow on health - POLITICO.com

Bullshit, two alternatives my ass. Someone is living in do or die land.

welcome to the real world

Allow purchase of insurance from anywhere in the united states

Tort reform

Expand the pools that people are allowed to buy into

Ease the regulations on small family practices

Create a high risk pool for those engaging in high risk activities

Im no Dr. or politician but a bit of common sense goes a long way. The goal should be to lower the cost not force mandates upon the people

Typical. You asked, said you were waiting then disappeared after I answered.

Allow purchase of insurance from anywhere in the united states

Tort reform

Expand the pools that people are allowed to buy into

Ease the regulations on small family practices

Create a high risk pool for those engaging in high risk activities

Im no Dr. or politician but a bit of common sense goes a long way. The goal should be to lower the cost not force mandates upon the people

Typical. You asked, said you were waiting then disappeared after I answered.

Coward

Lets quite screwing around and demand that our health plan is a mirror image of the one congress has, what ever is fair for them is OK with me. That solves the problem for the voters. It will never happen and we are toblame for electing these crocks.

1) The insurance companies can live a little with less profits. This is an EASY, EASY one.
2) Tort reform
3) If you are overweight, you pay more. If you smoke, you pay more. Do the testing. Stick it to those people. Sure they can do their thing. Just pay for it. Leave those of us who watch our weight, dont smoke, jog 5 miles every other day alone.

Theres a start.

I say make a move towards the Swiss system but even if they did that they would be pry be accused of killing old people or something original like that.

Forum List

Back