If only Abraham Lincoln had understood and obeyed the Constitution

"There would have been no war, no bloodshed, no sacking of towns and cities, no desolation, no billions of treasure expended, on either side, and no millions of lives sacrificed in the unnatural and fratricidal strife; there would have none of the present troubles about restoration, or reconstruction; but, instead of these lamentable scenes, a new spectacle of wonder would have been presented for the guide and instruction of the astonished Nations of the earth, greater than that exhibited after the Nullification pacification, of the matchless workings of our American Institutions of Self-government by the people!"
Alexander Hamilton Stephens, 1868

I can hear the demented, the liberals, and the politically correct progressives lamenting already.....(but we had to free the slaves) forgetting if they ever knew what that yankee --White Sumpremacist Lincoln said regarding that... ... "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

The majority of people back then believed and the more astute and intelligent today, still believe and (those who are knowledegable regarding genetics) understand that Negroes were designed by Nature(Creator) to be slaves; that they were part of a 'degraded caste' meant to serve the rest of humanity...and of course any advanced civilization must have servants(at least until robots are able to assume that role)....a glaring hypocrisy in America today is that we are perfectly o.k. with illegal mexican immigrants being our servants...but our historical servants are too entitled by their supposed victimhood to serve in such roles any longer....mostly democrats that think like that..... also believing in the concept of 'the democrat plantation' as in keep the Negroes on the dole so they will always vote for the democrat.

Most Southerners based the legitamacy of slavery (it had been legal for thousands of years) on the Bible....which from Genesis to Revelation sanctions slavery.

Lincoln's disdain for Negroes was based on his own deep seated dislike of all non-white peoples, whom he typically referred to as 'inferior races'. Lincoln publically and quite often called blacks '*******' aka the infamous n woid(of which only negroes are allowed to use today) and mexicans 'mongrels'. Besides, Lincoln could not use the Bible to justify his beliefs: he was a self-proclaimed atheist and anti-Christian.

Mr. Lincoln's religious views.................
by William Herndon---Mr. Lincoln's best and lifelong friend.
The following letter appeared, in 1870, in the Index, a journal published in Toledo, Ohio.
:

Abraham Lincoln's Religious Views

What If There Was No Civil War?

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." ... Faulkner.
Herndon has been debunked a million times
And that quote shows the opposite.
Lincoln himself gave the lie to your false interpretation
"I am naturally anti-slavery.If slavery is not wrong,nothing is wrong. I can notremember when I did not sothink, and feel. And yet Ihave never understood thatthe Presidency conferredupon me an unrestrictedright to act officially uponthis judgment and feeling. It was in the oath I tookthat I would, to the best of my ability, preserve,protect, and defend the Constitution of the UnitedStates.”-- Abraham Lincoln to Albert G. Hodges, April 4, 1864

BTW if you accept Herndon you doom your own argument for he most sincerely said of Lincoln

“Mr. Lincoln hated Thomas Jefferson as a man,” wrote William Henry Herndon, Lincoln’s law partner of 14 years — and “as a politician.” Especially after Lincoln read Theodore F. Dwight’s sensational, slash-all biography of Jefferson in 1839, Herndon believed “Mr. Lincoln never liked Jefferson’s moral character after that reading.”

You are so wrong, , will you have the moral fiber to admit it

"There would have been no war, no bloodshed, no sacking of towns and cities, no desolation, no billions of treasure expended, on either side, and no millions of lives sacrificed in the unnatural and fratricidal strife; there would have none of the present troubles about restoration, or reconstruction; but, instead of these lamentable scenes, a new spectacle of wonder would have been presented for the guide and instruction of the astonished Nations of the earth, greater than that exhibited after the Nullification pacification, of the matchless workings of our American Institutions of Self-government by the people!"

I can hear the demented, the liberals, and the politically correct progressives lamenting already.....(but we had to free the slaves) forgetting if they ever knew what that yankee --White Sumpremacist Lincoln said regarding that... ... "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that."

The majority of people back then believed and the more astute and intelligent today, still believe and (those who are knowledegable regarding genetics) understand that Negroes were designed by Nature(Creator) to be slaves; that they were part of a 'degraded caste' meant to serve the rest of humanity...and of course any advanced civilization must have servants(at least until robots are able to assume that role)....a glaring hypocrisy in America today is that we are perfectly o.k. with illegal mexican immigrants being our servants...but our historical servants are too entitled by their supposed victimhood to serve in such roles any longer....mostly democrats that think like that..... also believing in the concept of 'the democrat plantation' as in keep the Negroes on the dole so they will always vote for the democrat.

Most Southerners based the legitamacy of slavery (it had been legal for thousands of years) on the Bible....which from Genesis to Revelation sanctions slavery.

Lincoln's disdain for Negroes was based on his own deep seated dislike of all non-white peoples, whom he typically referred to as 'inferior races'. Lincoln publically and quite often called blacks '*******' aka the infamous n woid(of which only negroes are allowed to use today) and mexicans 'mongrels'. Besides, Lincoln could not use the Bible to justify his beliefs: he was a self-proclaimed atheist and anti-Christian.

The following letter appeared, in 1870, in the Index, a journal published in Toledo, Ohio.
:

According to the great Constitutional Lawyer who examined Lincoln's entire life , he was exemplary in following the Constitution

Been out 25 years, amazed you never heard of it

Abraham Lincoln: A Constitutional Biography Paperback – George Anastaplo​

"Renowned scholar George Anastaplo describes a side of Abraham Lincoln that previous biographers have overlooked: the development and legacy of his legal and constitutional thought."

According to the great Constitutional Lawyer who examined Lincoln's entire life , he was exemplary in following the Constitution

Been out 25 years, amazed you never heard of it

Abraham Lincoln: A Constitutional Biography Paperback – George Anastaplo​

"Renowned scholar George Anastaplo describes a side of Abraham Lincoln that previous biographers have overlooked: the development and legacy of his legal and constitutional thought."
Abraham Lincoln ordered the US Army to shut down over 300 newspapers. He sure did love that First Amendment.

Abraham Lincoln ordered the US Army to shut down over 300 newspapers. He sure did love that First Amendment.
Cut-and-paste will git ya every time.

"Must I shoot a simple-minded soldier-boy who deserts, while I must not touch a hair on the head of a wily agitator who induces him to desert? I think that in such a case to silence the agitator and save the boy is not only constitutional, but withal a great mercy." LINCOLN

:

This hater is ignorant, no surpries.
Lincoln's religious views, well you can skip Herndon because we have every statement Lincoln ever made about Religoin and the Bible (from the Collecte Works) and I"ve read it and Herndon comes up, not as lying, but as not getting what Lincoln believed and certainly not why he believed
Released about 10-11 months ago

1711985539103.png

Cut-and-paste will git ya every time.

"Must I shoot a simple-minded soldier-boy who deserts, while I must not touch a hair on the head of a wily agitator who induces him to desert? I think that in such a case to silence the agitator and save the boy is not only constitutional, but withal a great mercy." LINCOLN
So Lincoln needed to save the First Amendment by destroying the First Amendment.

So Lincoln needed to save the First Amendment by destroying the First Amendment.
No, if you would get off the couch and see what he said,
He had to save the COnstitution but making a decision that the Constitution allows to be made.
What did the legislature think

1712002153237.png

Look at the quote you posted and compare it to the definition of treason in the Constitution.
But that PROVES my point

Throughout his career he spoke of the importance of the Constitution. “Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.” “[The prosperity of the United States] is not the result of accident.

You are looking for an excuse to say that things like the above are lies .

An inspection of the Constitution will show that the right of property in a slave in not "distinctly and expressly affirmed" in it.
Abraham Lincoln

But that PROVES my point

Throughout his career he spoke of the importance of the Constitution. “Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.” “[The prosperity of the United States] is not the result of accident.

You are looking for an excuse to say that things like the above are lies .

An inspection of the Constitution will show that the right of property in a slave in not "distinctly and expressly affirmed" in it.
Abraham Lincoln
Which has nothing to due with Lincoln's repeated violations of people's free speech. People have a right to express their opposition to war. It's not treason to do so.

Which has nothing to due with Lincoln's repeated violations of people's free speech. People have a right to express their opposition to war. It's not treason to do so.
You calling it a violation is itself a violation.
This is studied extensively and YOU ARE WRONG

The greatest Lincoln scholar of the 20th century , Harry V Jaffa puts it this way

"A careful reading of Lincoln’s speeches and writings before and during the war reveals he always believed preserving the Union meant preserving the principles of the Declaration for which it stood. Short-term compromises with slavery thus should always be considered in view of the moral end of its ultimate extinction."

" Jaffa provides a magisterial overview of founding documents, including state constitutions and declaration of rights to show that equality was indeed understood at the time of the founding as a statement of individual rights rather than a statement of corporate identity. Moreover, he vindicates Lincoln’s interpretation that the states received their constitutional status as states within a union, not as independent sovereignties; that an incipient union preceded the Constitution at the time of the Declaration; and that the Declaration was indeed believed to have a constitutional status by the Founders."

AND THERE IT IS, ALMOST 10 years of Lincoln study hasn't changed that a bit on my part

:

We know that 2 things you said are now definitively known to be false

He was not an atheist at all and DESPISED anyone who was
Go to the LIncoln collected papers online and search
" "I have never denied the truth of the Scriptures; and I have never spoken with intentional disrespect of religion.
And read the following just released book that DESTROYS the possibility of him being atheist
1712429332303.png

as to the long-discredited charge that he in any way thought Blacks inferior

FFrederick Douglass's first meeting with Lincoln in August 1863 was to protest discrimination against black soldiers serving in the Union Army. The second, which Lincoln initiated, concerned the Presidents 1864 re-election campaign. As a result of the meeting, Douglass reversed course and endorsed Lincoln.

The greatest Lincoln scholar in history
Burlingame authored The Black Man's President: Abraham Lincoln, African Americans, and the Pursuit of Racial Equality. Burlingame’s title uses Frederick Douglass’ famous description of Lincoln, and his story builds on the compliments of other African Americans like Sojourner Truth, who said: "I never was treated by any one with more kindness and cordiality than were shown to me by that great and good man, Abraham Lincoln.” His unfailing cordiality to them, his willingness to meet with them in the White House, to honor their requests, to invite them to consult on public policy, are all the indicators that Burlingame uses to build a compelling case for Lincoln as a racial egalitarian.

THis is like when your spouse says about an outfit they've already bought : How does this look on me ? :)

1712429926500.png

You calling it a violation is itself a violation.
This is studied extensively and YOU ARE WRONG

The greatest Lincoln scholar of the 20th century , Harry V Jaffa puts it this way

"A careful reading of Lincoln’s speeches and writings before and during the war reveals he always believed preserving the Union meant preserving the principles of the Declaration for which it stood. Short-term compromises with slavery thus should always be considered in view of the moral end of its ultimate extinction."

" Jaffa provides a magisterial overview of founding documents, including state constitutions and declaration of rights to show that equality was indeed understood at the time of the founding as a statement of individual rights rather than a statement of corporate identity. Moreover, he vindicates Lincoln’s interpretation that the states received their constitutional status as states within a union, not as independent sovereignties; that an incipient union preceded the Constitution at the time of the Declaration; and that the Declaration was indeed believed to have a constitutional status by the Founders."

AND THERE IT IS, ALMOST 10 years of Lincoln study hasn't changed that a bit on my part
None of that has anything to do with Lincoln violating freedom of the press rights and using treason as the excuse.

None of that has anything to do with Lincoln violating freedom of the press rights and using treason as the excuse.
Wow,you would last maybe 10 days in the legal profession

In order to substantiate the illegality of your freedom of thel press charge (which you can't) you assume unproved the treason charge.
Do you think we are stupid ? We are supposed to believe
1)there was no treason
2) Liincoln knew that
3) He wanted all along to get the press and this was his chance

Such Bullshit

Wrong on all the facts....
It did not originate with Lincoln, it was known to be false traitorous news by most newspapers,it affected two newspapers

"A new crisis strikes on May 18, 1864. At 3:30 a.m., a messenger pretending to be from the Associated Press news service delivers a forged presidential proclamation to a number of New York City newspapers. The proclamation calls for 400,000 more troops through either voluntary enlistment or a new draft. It makes the Union Army seem desperate. Most newspapers check on the validity of the proclamation and don’t print it. But two newspapers, the World and the Journal of Commerce, print the fake proclamation in their morning editions. Both of these newspapers have a history of criticizing the Lincoln administration and were blamed by Republicans (Lincoln’s party) for starting the 1863 Draft Riots by publishing anti-war editorials.

Government and military officials are alarmed by this fake proclamation, fearing it could provoke unrest. Secretary of War Edwin Stanton orders an Army general to shut down both newspapers and arrest their editors. President Lincoln signs off on the action."

TOTALLY JUSTIFIED

Wow,you would last maybe 10 days in the legal profession

In order to substantiate the illegality of your freedom of thel press charge (which you can't) you assume unproved the treason charge.
Do you think we are stupid ? We are supposed to believe
1)there was no treason
2) Liincoln knew that
3) He wanted all along to get the press and this was his chance

Such Bullshit

Wrong on all the facts....
It did not originate with Lincoln, it was known to be false traitorous news by most newspapers,it affected two newspapers

"A new crisis strikes on May 18, 1864. At 3:30 a.m., a messenger pretending to be from the Associated Press news service delivers a forged presidential proclamation to a number of New York City newspapers. The proclamation calls for 400,000 more troops through either voluntary enlistment or a new draft. It makes the Union Army seem desperate. Most newspapers check on the validity of the proclamation and don’t print it. But two newspapers, the World and the Journal of Commerce, print the fake proclamation in their morning editions. Both of these newspapers have a history of criticizing the Lincoln administration and were blamed by Republicans (Lincoln’s party) for starting the 1863 Draft Riots by publishing anti-war editorials.

Government and military officials are alarmed by this fake proclamation, fearing it could provoke unrest. Secretary of War Edwin Stanton orders an Army general to shut down both newspapers and arrest their editors. President Lincoln signs off on the action."

TOTALLY JUSTIFIED
So fake news is treason? You lefties always have an excuse for violating freedom of the press.

Forum List

Back