If Obama wins,what then ?

That is why capital losses are tax deductible -- so the higher taxes are not discouraging risky investments.

In any case, the effect of a slight rise in capital gain taxes would not be significant. And a rise of income taxes would not affect investment at all. So it is not something that we absolutely have to put off until the economy recovers.

No, not really. I would never have said such a stupid thing. You, on the other hand, should work on your reading comprehension.

I'm curious...how have you arrived at the conclusion that raising income taxes would not affect investment at all?

How have I? I just know that income taxes have nothing to do with investment or profits. They are deducted from income you receives by providing services to others. In other words, these are taxes on your salary.

Again, we are not talking about income taxes in this case. It would not help them to zvoid capital gain taxes either -- because their "tax free" profits will be taxed as soon as they repatriate them (i.e. when they bring those money back in US).

Who do you think is on the hook when the government does borrow money?

Nobody -- the US government doesn't have to pay of its debt ever. It can roll it over forever -- or, rather, until becomes irrelevant comparing to the size of the economy. That is what happened to our WWII debt.

There is a matter of interest payments, but right now investors are begging the government to borrow their money, so the interest are near zero.

Your share of the National Debt is now approaching $40,000. If you're around in 2030 it's projected to be over $100,000 if we keep on going the way we are now.

And what will be an average income household income in 2030?

The level of ignorance you've demonstrated so far leads me to believe this is probably a waste of my time but since most of what I "do" here is point out liberal fallacies I might as well try and educate you as well.

First of all if you own your own business your profits ARE your income. If the government raises the tax on that income than that decreases the actual profit that a business owner realizes. If you decrease the potential profit from risking capital to start a business or expand a business than it is less likely that a business WILL be started or expanded (meaning no new jobs) because the person who has that capital will weigh the risks to the rewards and likely decide to put that capital into tax free investments (which create no jobs).

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that money CAN be invested into funds on which you don't have to pay taxes on the profits realized. It's the way that governments get people with capital to loan them that money at a low rate. At the moment there is a ton of private capital that is sitting in just such funds because while they don't pay a large interest rate they are a safe refuge in uncertain times.

You appear to be confused as to what constitutes "repatriated" profits. Profits from tax free investments are completely different from "repatriated" profits. Repatriated profits are monies that have been made by American based companies in operations that took place outside of the United States. Under our tax system if a company tries to bring that money back into the US then they have to pay a rather high capital gains tax on it...something which keeps trillions of dollars which COULD be invested in the US to start new businesses or expand existing ones sitting in off shore accounts or getting invested in other countries. Mitt Romney has proposed lowering that tax rate to encourage those trillions to be brought back here to stimulate our economy. It would be a larger stimulus than the trillion dollars that Obama spent and it wouldn't have to be borrowed from China and add to our national debt. Progressives however won't allow that to happen. They would rather have the citizens of the US have to pay interest on huge sums of borrowed money than allow any un-taxed money into the country.

As for what the average household income will be in 2030? If it keeps growing at the rate it is now it's not even close to keeping up with the rate of inflation. If you think it's going to keep up with a 300% plus increase in what each of us owes towards the national debt then you are REALLY delusional.

I'm curious...how have you arrived at the conclusion that raising income taxes would not affect investment at all?

How have I? I just know that income taxes have nothing to do with investment or profits. They are deducted from income you receives by providing services to others. In other words, these are taxes on your salary.

Again, we are not talking about income taxes in this case. It would not help them to zvoid capital gain taxes either -- because their "tax free" profits will be taxed as soon as they repatriate them (i.e. when they bring those money back in US).

Nobody -- the US government doesn't have to pay of its debt ever. It can roll it over forever -- or, rather, until becomes irrelevant comparing to the size of the economy. That is what happened to our WWII debt.

There is a matter of interest payments, but right now investors are begging the government to borrow their money, so the interest are near zero.

Your share of the National Debt is now approaching $40,000. If you're around in 2030 it's projected to be over $100,000 if we keep on going the way we are now.

And what will be an average income household income in 2030?

The level of ignorance you've demonstrated so far

OK, look -- lets first settle the matter that seems to be the biggest source of your confusion: I'm not the idiot here, you are.

First of all if you own your own business your profits ARE your income.

You are confusing profits with revenue. Your business can generate a lot of revenue, but if it is reinvested in hiring more workers, then it won't be taxed. Only the portion of revenue that owners decides to pocket will be taxed as his income. In a way, the income taxes encourage owners to reinvest their business revenues -- by growing their business the owners would increase their wealth w/o paying any taxes.

And of course proposed tax increases would affect only those business owners who choose to pocket more than 250K of their business revenues.

Here is an article you can read to educate yourself on those issues:
http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...are_not_affected_by_obama_tax_proposals_.html

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that money CAN be invested into funds on which you don't have to pay taxes on the profits realized

Example?

Mitt Romney has proposed lowering that tax rate to encourage those trillions to be brought back here to stimulate our economy. It would be a larger stimulus

No, it won't be a stimulus at all -- the owner of that trillion already have more money in the US than they can put to use. Adding more money to their accounts will not change anything.

As for what the average household income will be in 2030? If it keeps growing at the rate it is now it's not even close to keeping up with the rate of inflation.

Yet even at that rate it will almost double by 2030. And the depression will be over way sooner than that, so we can expect even bigger growth in incomes. In short, US has no debt problem that requires immediate attention. It certainly can wait until we fix the economy.

Last edited:
If Obama wins,what then ?

Epic meltdown and massive amounts of vomitus.

Depending on who you listen to - he's either coming for your guns or your children...or worse still, your children's guns!

Not what I was talking about. The right wing nuts on this board are going to have an epic meltdown after all the mentally unstable "there's no way he can win, we'll be dead in a year" crap they've been spewing. And then, we'll see massive amounts of vomitus. Nobody can eat that much crow without puking.

Epic meltdown and massive amounts of vomitus.

Depending on who you listen to - he's either coming for your guns or your children...or worse still, your children's guns!

Not what I was talking about. The right wing nuts on this board are going to have an epic meltdown after all the mentally unstable "there's no way he can win, we'll be dead in a year" crap they've been spewing. And then, we'll see massive amounts of vomitus. Nobody can eat that much crow without puking.

It's OK, I knew that.

Well, to hear folks like Hannity and Levin tell it, an Obama victory would mean the end of America as we know it.

Funny, somehow I suspect they'll still come to work the next day.

They're worried their taxes will go up. I wouldn't bet that they care about anything more than that.

I don't know I think Limbaugh is in it all for himself. If there was money in it and easily persuaded people I could see him going progressive. Hannity on the other hand is certifiable.

If Obama wins, the world will not end, the sun will not rise in the west and set in the east, Oddball will remain Odd, and Liability will continue to be one.

Not much will change, other than Cantor and Boehner will rev up the obstruction machine.

Well, to hear folks like Hannity and Levin tell it, an Obama victory would mean the end of America as we know it.

Funny, somehow I suspect they'll still come to work the next day.

They're worried their taxes will go up. I wouldn't bet that they care about anything more than that.

I don't know I think Limbaugh is in it all for himself. If there was money in it and easily persuaded people I could see him going progressive. Hannity on the other hand is certifiable.

Rush quite likely sold his soul (and his honor) for the almighty dollar a LONG time ago.

Let's be serious and take a look at the real world.

There are probably millions of Americans who do some ethically questionable things that they really don't want to do just to keep their jobs and put food on the table. And there are plenty of people who simply choose to do some pretty unsavory things just for money. And the greater the amount of money, the greater the temptation to rationalize one's behavior. So while everyone knows that there's such a thing as crooked auto mechanics and car dealers, it certainly doesn't stop some of the more unscrupulous ones from trying to cheat unsuspecting and vulnerable people on car repair bills by hugely inflating their estimates to fix someone's car. People who are more savvy walk away. The others simply get taken. It happens every day. But even occupations with the highest reputations have their fair share of unsavory and dishonest people. For example, some doctors cheat medicare and insurance companies by performing unnecessary surgeries or falsifying records.

Now, Rush makes something like $40-50 MILLION a year, and he knows exactly what's expected of him in order to keep that cash rolling in. People are naive if they think Rush truly believes everything he says.

We've long since passed that point. Yes, the Democrats today are yesteryear's Republicans.

The democrats today are yesteryear's Bolsheviks.

An Obama win will be the end of any restraint on his part. Expect a $35 trillion plus national debt, 20% unemployment, and dependance growing from 47% to over the 51% tipping point. Open borders and continued erosion of American prowess as we yield to China world leadership.The Middle East will continue to form a Caliphate with a contiguous Islamic theocracy spanning from the Persian Gulf to Madrid. Obama will sit idle as Iran develops and perhaps uses nuclear weapons. Israel will be destroyed while Obama goes on the View. Domestically the reform of economic classes will continue, with the middle class disappearing in favor of Obama favored 1% elite ruling a 99% in poverty. The merging of favored corporations with the federal government will continue, while that government uses the power of the state to crush competition. Small business will continue to decline. The aristocracy of government workers as a ruling caste will continue to grow, replacing the now-extinct middle class.

If Obama wins, Uncensored will still be deranged.

Not much will change, other than the GOP will never have another chance to become the majority party. The collective far right will have ended that forever.

Not much will change, other than the GOP will never have another chance to become the majority party. The collective far right will have ended that forever.

If Obama appoints two more Elana Kagan types to the SCOTUS, the 1st Amendment will be declared unconstitutional and reeducation camps ruled mandatory.

Fakey Jake will still jerk off to a poster of Obammy on his ceiling, so that won't change.

If Obama appoints two more Elana Kagan types to the SCOTUS, the 1st Amendment will be declared unconstitutional and reeducation camps ruled mandatory.

Fakey Jake will still jerk off to a poster of Obammy on his ceiling, so that won't change.

Looks like Jake was (is) right.

:lol: Yup, Uncensored Derangement Syndore, or UDS, continues.

Now he can go back to servicing his male customers' perversions.

:lol: Yup, Uncensored Derangement Syndore, or UDS, continues.

Now he can go back to servicing his male customers' perversions.

From your perspective from the radical left, what do you see good about the appointment of Elana Kagan?

Do you think that the appointment of two more extremest justices similar to Kagan will be good for the nation? Certainly civil rights will be revoked, particularly 1st amendment rights of expression and freedom of religion, do you view that as a good thing? Is this why you are an avid Obama supporter, Fakey Jake?

Forum List

Back