Zone1 If leadership is forced to close a thread on a rule change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is so, then why is there so much bru ha ha over that term here at USMB? A whole lot of band width has been taken up in these discussions.

If you call a hairdresser a groomer, no mod will bother you

If you call a hairdresser a groomer, no mod will bother you

The rule is NOBODY can be called a groomer unless the context is clearly outlined. This one can evolve into a genuine slippery slope and not a fallacious argument slippery slope.

How do the mods know the person I just referred to as an excellent groomer has a dog grooming business or did that on the side?

I go for the rule that nobody can be accused of illegal activity of any kind at USMB. No more calling people terrorist or insurrectionist or treasonous.

And even there you get into the sticky wickets of arguments like 'when did you stop beating your wife?' or 'did you get a good payoff for defrauding that whomever?' or 'you want to violate my civil rights' or whatever.

It is a really REALLY tough rule to make and enforce evenly. I'm glad I'm not the one doing it. :)

Last edited:
The rule is NOBODY can be called a groomer unless the context is clearly outlined. This one can be a genuine slippery slope and not a fallacious argument slipper slope.

I think the mods know what you are talking about

Don't know if I agree with that.

But treason is a crime too.

So is insurrection.

And as you pointed out domestic terrorism.

None of these are banned.
Also, the G word is banned as a personally held opinion of other posters on this board, but is embraced when used against government reps as in Biden is a Pedo or Bootyjudge is a groomer. But if a mod decides to, your post can be removed if you call a particular school district groomers because they have a "transition closet." Consistency in enforcement is sorely lacking and too much personal animosity on the part of some mods is allowed too liberally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back