If Hillary never took the S.O.S job, would she be our next President?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Now that that electors have rightfully given Trump the presidency, I pondered about what would have happened if Hil-Liar never took the job of Secretary of State. Would she be our next President today?

I think she would have beaten Trump hands down. Most of her scandals happened as SOS. Sure, she had a shady past before taking that job, but Americans have a short memory.

It's not that I think it was a bad move on her part accepting the position because it would have helped her greatly if she could only do an honest days work. But she couldn't' help herself. She had to get involved with setting up her own server and looking out for her side-job, the Clinton Crime Foundation.

Imagine if Hillary just disappeared for a couple of years, then reemerged to run for this election. The right wouldn't have much on her as a Senator. She didn't do anything. People wouldn't even think about husband and his fooling around. Her government healthcare plan? That wouldn't be an issue now that we are suffering Obama Care. Whitewater? Most youngsters today don't even know what that was.

Hillary should have never taken the job of Secretary of State. In my opinion, it cost her this election.

Hillary should have never taken the job of Secretary of State. In my opinion, it cost her this election.

Well, now there is only one thing we all should thank her: for taking that job and for losing. If she won, she would hand her country to her donors Saudis, Qatar, Soros&Co and protect and serve their interests, not the interests of American people.

Why Did the Saudi Regime and Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to the Clinton Foundation?

Assange: Clinton & ISIS funded by same money, Trump won’t be allowed to win (JOHN PILGER EXCLUSIVE)

Now that that electors have rightfully given Trump the presidency, I pondered about what would have happened if Hil-Liar never took the job of Secretary of State. Would she be our next President today?

I think she would have beaten Trump hands down. Most of her scandals happened as SOS. Sure, she had a shady past before taking that job, but Americans have a short memory.

It's not that I think it was a bad move on her part accepting the position because it would have helped her greatly if she could only do an honest days work. But she couldn't' help herself. She had to get involved with setting up her own server and looking out for her side-job, the Clinton Crime Foundation.

Imagine if Hillary just disappeared for a couple of years, then reemerged to run for this election. The right wouldn't have much on her as a Senator. She didn't do anything. People wouldn't even think about husband and his fooling around. Her government healthcare plan? That wouldn't be an issue now that we are suffering Obama Care. Whitewater? Most youngsters today don't even know what that was.

An interesting take. Speaking strictly from the standpoint of whether it was better for her or not and not what was best for America, she might have been better served to take a lower profile position, or, stayed out of a position altogether and just worked through the party.

In the end, it might have made a difference, but it might have just backfired. She was a bit of a victim of circumstance because her party was turning hard left, people were suffering and the nation was in the biggest anti-establishment mood ever. This is where Trump is head and shoulders better than any of his competition. One, he sensed the discontent not being a politician or government employee but working with regular working class citizens. Two. maybe most important, he had the freedom of personal wealth and career succees so he didn't have to cater his message to anyone.

Let's face it, federal politics is big business. Trump called out everyone in the primaries because he knew they couldn't counter his arguments. "You're on the take because you're a politician, but I'm not". Such direct and bold tactics were impossible to be repeated by anyone else, in a year in which people were sick of politicians and the control they have been exercising in their lives. Clinton was going to feel the wrath of this no matter what, and just so happened to face the person least established, even though her, her party and the world thought he was the easiest competition for her, obviously the voters thought different.

Last edited:
The SOS job highlighted her good points.

Do you not think it also highlighted her deficiencies? Such as Benghazi. Also, it provided a glaring conflict of interest between her and her Foundation.

The OP provides food for thought. Not sure it was the difference, but it's an interesting thought for us who have time on our hands.

The SOS job highlighted her good points.

Do you not think it also highlighted her deficiencies? Such as Benghazi. Also, it provided a glaring conflict of interest between her and her Foundation.

The OP provides food for thought. Not sure it was the difference, but it's an interesting thought for us who have time on our hands.
I was being facetious. I added to my original statement.

Perhaps, but Obama's presidency would still have dragged her down outside of the Party, and she would still have been a dull, boring candidate fluffing pillows that have long needed replacing.

Perhaps Kerry would have been earlier, and during the "Arab Spring". Oy vey.

Well, now there is only one thing we all should thank her: for taking that job and for losing. If she won, she would hand her country to her donors Saudis, Qatar, Soros&Co and protect and serve their interests, not the interests of American people.

Why Did the Saudi Regime and Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to the Clinton Foundation?

Assange: Clinton & ISIS funded by same money, Trump won’t be allowed to win (JOHN PILGER EXCLUSIVE)
had she not been the SOS she might not have had the same relationship with the terrorists that she developed while working with them.

If Hillary never took the S.O.S job, would she be our next President?

Well, if Hillary had done nothing at all (like Obama did) before the campaign, that would have been an improvement over what she did do.

Perhaps, but Obama's presidency would still have dragged her down outside of the Party, and she would still have been a dull, boring candidate fluffing pillows that have long needed replacing.

Perhaps Kerry would have been earlier, and during the "Arab Spring". Oy vey.

This election was between the most corrupt candidate and the most inexperience candidate. Without a doubt, Obama didn't help, but I think if she stayed out of politics for a while, she probably would have won in spite of DumBama.

It probably would've made Russia's job to rig the election more difficult, but I have no doubt the RNC war chest would've been emptied to solidify this victory no matter how strong HRC was

An interesting take. Speaking strictly from the standpoint of whether it was better for her or not and not what was best for America, she might have been better served to take a lower profile position, or, stayed out of a position altogether and just worked through the party.

In the end, it might have made a difference, but it might have just backfired. She was a bit of a victim of circumstance because her party was turning hard left, people were suffering and the nation was in the biggest anti-establishment mood ever. This is where Trump is head and shoulders better than any of his competition. One, he sensed the discontent not being a politician or government employee but working with regular working class citizens. Two. maybe most important, he had the freedom of personal wealth and career succees so he didn't have to cater his message to anyone.

Let's face it, federal politics is big business. Trump called out everyone in the primaries because he knew they couldn't counter his arguments. "You're on the take because you're a politician, but I'm not". Such direct and bold tactics were impossible to be repeated by anyone else, in a year in which people were sick of politicians and the control they have been exercising in their lives. Clinton was going to feel the wrath of this no matter what, and just so happened to face the person least established, even though her, her party and the world thought he was the easiest competition for her, obviously the voters thought different.

Trump's ammunition is what she did as SOS, and nothing more. Without that record, what would he have attacked her on?

Remember that we here are political junkies, as such, we do know what Hil-Liar is all about. But for the rest of the country (especially the youngsters) they don't even remember what she's been up to.

It didn't help her that's for sure she had done a good job of remaking her image from her time as first lady but when she took the Sect Of State job and the new scandals started happening it brought back all the memories of the old scandals of the 90s and reminded people of all the things they didn't like about the Clintons.

It probably would've made Russia's job to rig the election more difficult, but I have no doubt the RNC war chest would've been emptied to solidify this victory no matter how strong HRC was

Russia rigged the election? I (and Congress) are still awaiting the evidence of this. Without her job as SOS, there would have been no WikiLeaks, there would have been no basement server, there would have been no FBI investigations, she would have nothing to do with Benghazi.

No, she still would have lost. Her issues ran much deeper than Benghazi and her email server. Middle America repudiated Obama, his policies and the Democratic party. On fact, most of America had repudiated liberalism.

Forum List

Back