If Graham-Cassidy isn't a purely partisan healthcare bill, I don't know what is

Take a look at the "winners and losers" by state if the Graham-Cassidy plan for gutting O-care passes.

1505905475_Fig1.jpg

us-election-map.jpg

By and large, there are a few exceptions, what the bill does is reduce funding to places where larger quantities of people live and increase it in places where fewer people live. It also "conveniently" happens that the lower population areas that will see increased funding are also "red states." (Though Trump won PA, MI, and WI, on the basis of one election cycle, it's hard to consider them "red" more so than, at best, "purple." That's why I used the 2012 "party" map.)

Who is it that's always complaining about redistributions of income and resources? I'll bet "dollars to donuts" those very same people don't much mind redistribution when it benefits their locality.

ACA was a partisan Democrat bill.

Tu quoque -- The ACA and things pertaining to it are not the topic of this thread.

Have you something to say about the nature and/or extent of partisanship in the Graham-Cassidy bill?

Democrats know all about 'purely partisan' health care bills...

That Cassidy guy should not have come on to national tv and lied about his bill. Just because trump can get away with lying doesn't mean he can.

Dems lied to get it passed.

I see nothing wrong with lying to get it repealed.

It's ok to lie to accomplish what you need accomplished. That's what Progs do.

Don't you angry lefties understand why Graham-Cassidy is partisan? It's partisan because the leaderless mob of democrats refuse to address the freaking problem. Obamacare costs the middle class tens of thousands with a deductible as much as the cost of a new car and more and more insurance companies are opting out. Democrats admit that obamacare is a mess but they refuse to do anything about it or even make it better because the spoiled brats are unhappy about last November's election and damn the Country.

It's lying about this bill being a repeal that's is the problem. It's not. It keeps most of ACA in place, and leaves government forever tangled up in our health care.

I don't love this bill, but I would like to see Obamacare blown up.

Obama lied his ass off to get it passed. It's bullshit. It's the first step to socialized medicine.

It's lying about this bill being a repeal that's is the problem. It's not. It keeps most of ACA in place, and leaves government forever tangled up in our health care.
It's lying about this bill being a repeal that's is the problem.

OT:
Ummm...No! No, no, no, no. That is not the problem. At best, that is a symptom of multiple problems.

The highest elected officials in the land lying, paltering, prevaricating, gilding the lily, etc. to the American people while speaking in one's official capacity as one of their Representatives is the problem. That these people, whom Americans have sent to Washington, are (1) willing to lie to us, (2) do exactly that, and (3) the citizenry either (a) ignores the fact they've elected scoundrels and (b) in some instances acquiesce to the lying, or worse support/encourage it...those are the problems. "This bill," "that bill"....It doesn't matter what bill they're lying about or what aspect of a bill they lie about.

In short, that one of them will and the other will swear to it is the problem.

All I know is that repeal and replace should be two separate bills. Which this current one is not.

Forum List

Back