If DeSantis Runs Against Trump in 2024, and Wins, Will Trump Run Third-Party?

I don't think Trump can beat him - he has the same appeal that Trump has with none of the vitriolic nonsense that co0mes with Trump. He will not run third party though. I see zero chance of that happening as it requires quite a lot of setup, infrastructure and work to create. None of the things Trump is interested in doing.

He will, though, bitch about it incessantly more than likely clinging to the 'stolen' lie and simply lumping the republican party in as well. Hell, he might even use it as an excuse as to why his claims never went anywhere, you already see the Trumpsters saying shit like that now.

And more than likely it will cost the GOP the election if he goes that rout.

DeSantis is going to be the Governor of the great state of Florida for awhile longer. His time to be President is in the future, not now.
He only chance is now. He has procured an enormous amount of political capitol and that is not going to happen twice. IMHO, if he does not run in 2024/28 he will simply fade away as a contender. Not that he will not be active or still in office but I do not see him passing this up and being able to run at a later date. I doubt he can even wait until 2028.

Our media are obsessed with Trump, but Trump’s obsessed with DeSantis. Trump’s been playing the aging silent film star Norma Desmond in “Sunset Boulevard” to DeSantis’ younger, prettier Betty Schaefer.

Sure, thousands of people show up to his heavily advertised rallies, but they’re all the exact same people. His die-hard fans — or, as he calls them, “future Trump University students” — are like Deadheads, following him from venue to venue, dressing up in wild costumes and listening to the same songs.

Forgot your meds again, so you are lying like a libtard!

Trump created DeSantis and would feel rightly aggrieved. And given that he would want revenge and doesn’t give a shit about the Republican Party, I’m guessing he would.

And he just might get more votes than DeSantis.

Of course Biden/Kamala/Elizabeth Warren/Hillary/a dead dog, or whomever the Democrats nominate, would win 45 states with maybe 43% of the vote. But the GOP fratricide would be highly entertaining!

If DeSantis Runs Against Trump in 2024, and Wins, Will Trump Run Third-Party?​

Trump is pragmatic. He would have run as a Democrat in 2016 if the primaries had not been rigged for Hillary.

I am thinking a Trump vs. Biden Democrat primary.

Go eat those oats...

Trump won in 2016 because he ran one of the most focused campaigns in recent history. Wall, deportation, border. When Trump lost the focus, he lost the voters and addled his base

That’s how a bunch of people could go from chanting 'wall wall wall' in 2016 to storming the Capitol in 2021 saying, 'We don’t really know what we’re doing here.'

Forum List

Back