If blacks are less likely to get a photo ID, for voting, what other ways are they behaviorally different?

But prior to the 2006 election, no state ever required a voter to produce a government-issued photo ID as a condition to voting. Indiana in 2006 became the first state to enact a strict photo ID law, a law that was upheld two years later by the U.S. Supreme Court.
snip
According to a study from NYU’s Brennan Center, 11 percent of voting-age citizens lack necessary photo ID while many people in rural areas have trouble accessing ID offices.

Voter photo ID is a good thing for secure election voting. It is not like it is being sprung 2 months before an election. If they do not drive, the ID should be free for voting. It would not hurt my feelings if they accepted Student ID (properly documented) from state colleges and universities, if current. Other locations by states should be available, beyond department of motor vehicles, as the DMV takes entirely too long to get anything done, even in a smaller state like this one. People that do not want to be bothered with voter ID, really don't care much about voting, so I don't care if their election preferences are represented or not.

So that there are 11% of those that don't have an ID, blacks as well as whites, mostly minorities due to no driving, disability or cost involved in transportation and costs of the ID's.

Odd, I've never paid for a government ID, and to my knowledge, no human has ever found any of these 11% despite repeated efforts going out and interviewing people on the streets wishing to vote.

Because you've been duped into believing "voter fraud" a significant problem or what?
No. Just to prevent it period at the poll. The 11% can go along to get along, or not be counted in selecting representatives. That is my answer to your question. It is not complicated. Not nuanced.
Here is my question. Why would you be against secure voter ID?

No. Just to prevent it period at the poll. The 11% can go along to get along, or not be counted in selecting representatives. That is my answer to your question. It is not complicated. Not nuanced.
Okay, so just make voting more "complicated" for everyone because you believe "Voter ID" can "prevent" this insignificant problem.
Here is my question. Why would you be against secure voter ID?
Uh, let's see.. Off the top of my head.. There is no such thing. Just a fake solution to a fake problem. All attempts to digitize people already unnecessarily risk invading our privacy. It's a poll tax. It discriminates against the very people we're supposedly most concerned about hearing from and protecting. What would Jesus do? Bernie? MLK?

Okay, so just make voting more "complicated" for everyone because you believe "Voter ID" can "prevent" this insignificant problem.

Uh, let's see.. Off the top of my head.. There is no such thing. Just a fake solution to a fake problem. All attempts to digitize people already unnecessarily risk invading our privacy. It's a poll tax. It discriminates against the very people we're supposedly most concerned about hearing from and protecting. What would Jesus do? Bernie? MLK?
The only part that raving, I agree with is the part about being a poll tax and I do not see any particular group of people as "the very people we're supposedly most concerned about" or know a reason why a subset of the population should be. Go now, to live with Jesus and ask him while you visit with MLK. Take Bernie with you.

I do not see any particular group of people as "the very people we're supposedly most concerned about" or know a reason why a subset of the population should be.
Oh, and you're welcome, ya "raving" lunatic ;)

If they are less likely to get a photo ID, maybe they are more likely to punch a cop in the face, when getting arrested. Maybe they are more likely to have a disrespectful look on their face, when they are being sentenced, after being convicted of a crime. Maybe they are more likely to make a traffic violation, when driving a car. Maybe black school children are more likely to disrupt the class. Maybe black school children are less likely to finish their homework.

Maybe blacks are behaviorally different period.
Obviously. It's a global phenomenon.

But prior to the 2006 election, no state ever required a voter to produce a government-issued photo ID as a condition to voting. Indiana in 2006 became the first state to enact a strict photo ID law, a law that was upheld two years later by the U.S. Supreme Court.
snip
According to a study from NYU’s Brennan Center, 11 percent of voting-age citizens lack necessary photo ID while many people in rural areas have trouble accessing ID offices.

Lie ... We have been required to show a photo Id as long as I can remember.

In fact ... You hand it to the poll worker who then finds your name on the voter rolls, so you can sign next to it.
Then they hand your ID to two poll workers that write your name down on two separate lists ... All of which become official documents.

You cannot even go into the voting booth until they verify everything is correct ...
And they hand you your ID back with the card that tells the machine what exact Precinct you are in.

It's a bit easier if you go to the Registrar's Office or Sheriff station for early voting.
They just scan your ID, the computer verifies all the information, and the machine spits out the appropriate card for the voting booth.

Of course, I am not saying that some cheating bastards that work in other polling stations
don't completely disregard the policies and hand a card to anyone that walks through the fucking door, or even cares if they get in line 50 times.

Of course, I only say that because I live in a State where at one time the Democrat Governor
owned the company that provided the State with all our voting machines.
Hell ... He could win even if he wasn't on the ballot ... :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Oh, and you're welcome, ya "raving" lunatic ;)
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I'm unfit for polite society. What else is new?

Forum List

Back