If an Islamic terrorist group nukes a U.S. city, then what?

Stick to baseball, you don't know dick about world politics's.:arabia:

Excellent analysis, Trob!

Actually, I think his analysis of baseball might not be too brilliant either, Trob. He'd suggest that we throw in the towel, and walk off the field if the other team scored a single run. "Oops, were a bad team, and we might as well go home. They scored, we're gonna lose.".:cry:
I have to fight being a pessimist every day of my life, but some folks make a living out of avoiding optimism.:puke:

I think they actually like being sad, suspicious, and filled with angst.:eek: It's as though, "good" is a pipe dream made up by evil rich guys in corporate suits, hidden away at an Illumnati convention.

I suppose you have the answer then?

Go to Israel. Ask an Israeli citizen if fighting fire with fire has stopped terror on their soil over the past fifty years.

Stick to insults...you don't seem to know much about world politics either;)

Ahhhh, are we hurt by the little itty bitty ribbing?

You open yourself up to getting poked at. You have such a negative attitude about things..........your "open season" to get poked at.

If you think we're beating our dicks in the sand, in our current diplomacy, your just listening to, too much slanted MSM . Your not using independent thought and investigation. It's not U.S. = Bad World = victims

Excellent analysis, Trob!

Actually, I think his analysis of baseball might not be too brilliant either, Trob. He'd suggest that we throw in the towel, and walk off the field if the other team scored a single run. "Oops, were a bad team, and we might as well go home. They scored, we're gonna lose.".:cry:
I have to fight being a pessimist every day of my life, but some folks make a living out of avoiding optimism.:puke:

I think they actually like being sad, suspicious, and filled with angst.:eek: It's as though, "good" is a pipe dream made up by evil rich guys in corporate suits, hidden away at an Illumnati convention.

Why should an approach that has done nothing but fail all of the sudden succeed?

I am not a pessimistic person. However this is something that deserves a lot of discression. If some dumbass American set off a bomb in China, and China retaliated by invading/bombing the U.S. and killing some of your family, would you be pissed? Do you not think that quite a few American would then take up arms against the Chinese invaders?

That is why the strategy chosen by the U.S. and Israel will not work. It goes against everything we as humans have a tendency to believe in. Humans are territorial, vengeful, and can become quite angry. So of course, you seem to believe that inspiring these natural emotions in our enemies will somehow lead to victory.

Sure, we probably kill and imprison a lot of horrible people. But we motivate a lot of others to fill the holes.

Ahhhh, are we hurt by the little itty bitty ribbing?

You open yourself up to getting poked at. You have such a negative attitude about things..........your "open season" to get poked at.

If you think we're beating our dicks in the sand, in our current diplomacy, your just listening to, too much slanted MSM . Your not using independent thought and investigation. It's not U.S. = Bad World = victims

Rib away...but at least dispute the point. I was at the Sox-Tiger game the other night. A Tiger fan told me the White Sox suck. I said "at least we are defending champions". His response was "fuck you". It was a stupid and pointless response...sort of like Trob's.

Attack me all you want. I do not know you or Trob's, so I am not taking any of these remarks personally. But come on, at least have the courage to make an argument.

Rib away...but at least dispute the point. I was at the Sox-Tiger game the other night. A Tiger fan told me the White Sox suck. I said "at least we are defending champions". His response was "fuck you". It was a stupid and pointless response...sort of like Trob's.

Attack me all you want. I do not know you or Trob's, so I am not taking any of these remarks personally. But come on, at least have the courage to make an argument.

I'm familiar with Trob as I have been on other forums where he likes to post, and believe me, your taking his ribbing too seriously.

Roll with it.......and don't liken Trob to that bone head fan that insulted your team.

By the way........it's just sport..........a bunch of men running around in funny uniforms trying trying to make people cheer and clap to forget all the lousy stuff that's going on in life around us.

I'm an Athletics Homer, but if they lose or "suck" I won't lose sleep over it.

Don't let Iraq, Lebanon, and U.S. policy cause you to fret. Things will unfold in a way that the Man Upstairs wants it to go. It's mostly out of our control.

When we give up wanting to control things in our lives......life becomes alot easier, and less threatening.

I haven't arrived yet, but I sure don't want to stay stuck back in the anxiety zone, where everything has to go "my" way, or I don't have a good day...Take care and have a laugh.........rib Trob, back...........

I'm familiar with Trob as I have been on other forums where he likes to post, and believe me, your taking his ribbing too seriously.

Roll with it.......and don't liken Trob to that bone head fan that insulted your team.

By the way........it's just sport..........a bunch of men running around in funny uniforms trying trying to make people cheer and clap to forget all the lousy stuff that's going on in life around us.

I'm an Athletics Homer, but if they lose or "suck" I won't lose sleep over it.

Don't let Iraq, Lebanon, and U.S. policy cause you to fret. Things will unfold in a way that the Man Upstairs wants it to go. It's mostly out of our control.

When we give up wanting to control things in our lives......life becomes alot easier, and less threatening.

I haven't arrived yet, but I sure don't want to stay stuck back in the anxiety zone, where everything has to go "my" way, or I don't have a good day...Take care and have a laugh.........rib Trob, back...........

I don't know where you came up with this idea of my personality, but you are pretty off.

I have my political opinions, but I do not lose sleep over it. I do not take these discussions to heart...I post here because I enjoy sharing views with other people, not because I have a stick up my ass and think the world is going to hell in a hand-basket.

I only lose sleep over sports before big games, i.e. the world series or a Michigan/Ohio St. game. It is out of excitement though, not stress. I have had a few events in my life that put sports into perspective. Many fans love to live and die by sports. I love to enjoy sports. I follow it intently, and sometimes I get disappointed, but I usually do not let it ruin my disposition (though sometimes my girlfriend claims losses make me a little cold).

I don't know where you came up with this idea of my personality, but you are pretty off.

I have my political opinions, but I do not lose sleep over it. I do not take these discussions to heart...I post here because I enjoy sharing views with other people, not because I have a stick up my ass and think the world is going to hell in a hand-basket.

I only lose sleep over sports before big games, i.e. the world series or a Michigan/Ohio St. game. It is out of excitement though, not stress. I have had a few events in my life that put sports into perspective. Many fans love to live and die by sports. I love to enjoy sports. I follow it intently, and sometimes I get disappointed, but I usually do not let it ruin my disposition (though sometimes my girlfriend claims losses make me a little cold).

I apologize for some how insulting or upsetting you.

I just was trying to break the old, "I don't like this kind of ribbing towards me." sort of discourse going on here.

You are indeed free to have your political views, and obviously, I was incorrect in surmising that you were, "worked up" by some posts. I apologize for previous incorrect observations.

As the ref says in most sports, "Carry on gentlemen!".
Now back to the topic:

I think that no matter who's in charge or at the helm of our country(U.S.) it probably wouldn't make a difference in how we are perceived by the other countries of the world. I think that those that are critical will stay critical of us, and those that desire to be our allies will continue in most cases.

I think that there are some fundamental, ethical differences that a large, powerful democracy as ourselves seems to have that threatens the power structures of many depotically ruled countries; most notable the Ayatollah controlled.

I suppose you have the answer then?

Go to Israel. Ask an Israeli citizen if fighting fire with fire has stopped terror on their soil over the past fifty years.

Stick to insults...you don't seem to know much about world politics either;)

Yes, I DO have AN answer. When your life, and culture is at risk, fight back, and pay NO attention to the surrender monkeys.

Going to Israel, and talking to ANY Israeli citizen would elicit the same response, you punch me, I punch back harder.:shocked:

I'll take YOUR advice about insults 1549......:moon4:

Two questions:

1.) What will the United States do? nothing

2.) What SHOULD the United States do? kill them all

U.N. involvement? we can only hope they hit NY then the question is moot

Use of our nukes in response? yep

Round up all Islamics within U.S. borders? yep

Military invasion to ferret out every last member of the group while trying to avoid damage to "innocent" civilians not part of the group? nope just nuke em

Fold up and cry? nah that is howard deans job

Forbid the religion of Islam within our borders? sure we can follow the mecca example

Build and man a border fence? yep

Signal Osama we'll now negotiate? nope

Declare martial law? yep

Pass Patriot Act III? yep

Why should an approach that has done nothing but fail all of the sudden succeed?

I am not a pessimistic person. However this is something that deserves a lot of discression. If some dumbass American set off a bomb in China, and China retaliated by invading/bombing the U.S. and killing some of your family, would you be pissed? Do you not think that quite a few American would then take up arms against the Chinese invaders?

That is why the strategy chosen by the U.S. and Israel will not work. It goes against everything we as humans have a tendency to believe in. Humans are territorial, vengeful, and can become quite angry. So of course, you seem to believe that inspiring these natural emotions in our enemies will somehow lead to victory.

Sure, we probably kill and imprison a lot of horrible people. But we motivate a lot of others to fill the holes.

your annolgy doesn't work....it wasn't a dumb as towel head that bombed israel, spain, england, bali, indonesia, philipeens, russia, kuwait etc .... it was a state funded group .... that group should be heald accountable

the stategy of defending ones self is the wrong path? really?

Your argument is dishonest from the beginning. NOTHING will EVER stop terrorism as long as there are disgruntled morons who are willing to use terror as a weapon. Since realistically, there will ALWAYS be disgtruntled morons who are willing to use terror as a weapon, then realisitically, all we can do is kill as many of them as we can to keep their threat minimized.

Giving in to them will do nothing but embolden them to further acts of terrorism. Why abandon a strategy that works?

If killing terrorists motivates others to fill their spaces, then they need to be killed too.

Simple analogy: When I see a snake, I kill it. Snakes do not negotiate. They strike, period. If I walk away and let the snake go, maybe it bites my dog or next door neighbor later. In layman's terms, that's somebody else getting hurt for turning a blind eye to a threat.

You want to sit around and talk and talk and talk about finding some "better" method of combatting terrorism while they just carry on carrying on until they're in your back yard interrupting your "talk."

Killing them works fine. For every dead terrorist, there is one more terrorist that will never murder another person.

Me, I like the idea of simply going in and levelling everything. It's the half stepping and hand wringing that sends signs of weakness to the terrorists.

Labeling them as savage ragheads is wrong. They are very smart, and like cockroaches they are an infestation that must be exterminated.

The current Islamic Fascist groups are worse than Hitlers Waffen SS. They are equally vicious when they have an upper hand. But at least the SS would come out to fight. Instead, the Islamic Fascists kill women and kids; Then they hide among them.

Militant Islam cannot be reasoned with. Diplomacy isn't an option any longer. Look at the unprecedented concession Israel was making. She was evicting her own citizens from thier homes. Did that stop anything? Nope. Israel is now in a cease fire. Do you think Hezbollah isn't regrouping, rearming, resupplying, and getting ready to come back again? Look under the school houses for Katyusha reloads.

So long as we are concerned about world opinion, or the mandates of the Useless Nations, we will not decisively break the terrorists. It will take the same willpower demonstrated in the second world war. It will take the understanding that there can be no middle ground, no compromise, and no quitting when the soundbytes are not flattering.

Me, I like the idea of simply going in and levelling everything. It's the half stepping and hand wringing that sends signs of weakness to the terrorists.

Labeling them as savage ragheads is wrong. They are very smart, and like cockroaches they are an infestation that must be exterminated.

The current Islamic Fascist groups are worse than Hitlers Waffen SS. They are equally vicious when they have an upper hand. But at least the SS would come out to fight. Instead, the Islamic Fascists kill women and kids; Then they hide among them.

Militant Islam cannot be reasoned with. Diplomacy isn't an option any longer. Look at the unprecedented concession Israel was making. She was evicting her own citizens from thier homes. Did that stop anything? Nope. Israel is now in a cease fire. Do you think Hezbollah isn't regrouping, rearming, resupplying, and getting ready to come back again? Look under the school houses for Katyusha reloads.

So long as we are concerned about world opinion, or the mandates of the Useless Nations, we will not decisively break the terrorists. It will take the same willpower demonstrated in the second world war. It will take the understanding that there can be no middle ground, no compromise, and no quitting when the soundbytes are not flattering.

:clap:

What I don't get are the knuckleheads who can't understand something as simple as the assessment in your post. It isn't like it's hard to figure out; yet, apparently it must be for some.

This hypothetical question about nuking a city in the United States is born out of fear.

Junior and Cheney are cowards through and through. Their speech is the speech of a coward, their foreign policy is the policy of a coward. How can we as a nation be led by cowards ie Junior and Cheney and all the while sing that we are the home of the brave and land of the free? note that we are giving up liberties in the name of cowardice.

This nuke scare goes as far back as the early 1950's. And what do you know, the 1950's was dominated by Conservatives. For just a short while we became brave again, until Raygun returned and restored the evil boogeyman once more. But the boogeyman fell. Not to worry, Junior and Cheney will take care of that. They will restore the boogeyman and give it a new name, that name being "terrorists," even though terrorists doesn't have a definition.

Given how difficult it is to make a nuke, hey if it was that easy, every nation would have one, in fact it would be in aisle five at your local wally world aka Walmart. But not every nation has a nuke and don't even think for a moment that it's because not everyone wants a nuke.

The only people whom have a legitimate concern is the people of Iran. They are in more danger of being nuked than we are. Junior and Cheney are looking for any scrap of an excuse to set one off. Perhaps catching a boy in Tehran with a slingshot will be just the excuse the cowards in the White House needs to nuke the city. We can just hear Fox news, "Fox news brings you this special alert, boy with slingshot could have taken our eye out said Junior, therefore we needed to nuke Tehran. Stay tuned."

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
:blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

:lame2:

Wow! that reply is brilliant. And a great imitation of Junior and Cheney when they do their fear bit. I've got a great market idea, we can sell yellow strips that can be stuck on our backs to show support for Junior and Cheney. We will be rich.

Simple analogy: When I see a snake, I kill it. Snakes do not negotiate. They strike, period. If I walk away and let the snake go, maybe it bites my dog or next door neighbor later. In layman's terms, that's somebody else getting hurt for turning a blind eye to a threat.

What about the "majority of law abiding and peaceful snakes"? :poke:

Wow! that reply is brilliant. And a great imitation of Junior and Cheney when they do their fear bit. I've got a great market idea, we can sell yellow strips that can be stuck on our backs to show support for Junior and Cheney. We will be rich.

I agree the reply was brilliant. You could learn from it. Or, you could actually address the topic instead of being another ABB drone.

This hypothetical question about nuking a city in the United States is born out of fear.

Junior and Cheney are cowards through and through. Their speech is the speech of a coward, their foreign policy is the policy of a coward. How can we as a nation be led by cowards ie Junior and Cheney and all the while sing that we are the home of the brave and land of the free? note that we are giving up liberties in the name of cowardice.

This nuke scare goes as far back as the early 1950's. And what do you know, the 1950's was dominated by Conservatives. For just a short while we became brave again, until Raygun returned and restored the evil boogeyman once more. But the boogeyman fell. Not to worry, Junior and Cheney will take care of that. They will restore the boogeyman and give it a new name, that name being "terrorists," even though terrorists doesn't have a definition.

Given how difficult it is to make a nuke, hey if it was that easy, every nation would have one, in fact it would be in aisle five at your local wally world aka Walmart. But not every nation has a nuke and don't even think for a moment that it's because not everyone wants a nuke.

The only people whom have a legitimate concern is the people of Iran. They are in more danger of being nuked than we are. Junior and Cheney are looking for any scrap of an excuse to set one off. Perhaps catching a boy in Tehran with a slingshot will be just the excuse the cowards in the White House needs to nuke the city. We can just hear Fox news, "Fox news brings you this special alert, boy with slingshot could have taken our eye out said Junior, therefore we needed to nuke Tehran. Stay tuned."

Wow! A genuine, fresh from demo/underground, dyed in the wool, wackjob.
With Iran very close to obtaining nukes and their fostering and support of worldwide Islamo-Terrorism this is far from hypothetical and quickly becoming a definite possibility. But just return your head to its previous upright position which, of course, was firmly planted in your backside, and keep repeating, while clicking your ruby slippers together, "it can never happen here', 'it can never happen here", "it can never happen here".

1) The constitution would be suspended, martial law would be declared, probably never to be repealed. Or, we would go back to normal only in word, not in actual practice. Elections would take place but neither party would contest the shift to martial law.

2) Muslims would be widely harassed. They would be given a certain amount of time to liquidate their assets in the US, and then leave.

Forum List

Back