Idiot Florida cops giving out lottery tickets to speeders instead of tickets!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Stupid cops. Speeders are deadly criminals and here you are encouraging them.!!

Florida police hand out scratch-off lottery tickets instead of speeding tickets on Christmas | Fox News

December 25, 2013Associated Press
MELBOURNE, FLA. – Police in a central Florida city have been issuing scratch-off lottery tickets instead of speeding fines to Christmas Day travelers.

By early Wednesday afternoon, Melbourne Police officers had handed out 30 lottery tickets along with warnings to drivers caught speeding or violating other traffic laws.

Sgt. Jamie Rocque was quoted by Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/1eETQiM ) as saying that officers bought the lottery tickets with their own money to spread a bit of holiday cheer while ensuring public safety.

That cop's badge should be taken from him. If free lottery tickets are what people in that area get when they break laws, that place will only end up being an absolute mess. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you and the people of Melbourne always!!!

Holly

I understand that the officers have the Christmas spirit, which is great. However, what they should have done was give out the lottery tickets to random drivers, not just those pulled over for speeding. Somehow rewarding only those caught speeding does not seem right.

I understand that the officers have the Christmas spirit, which is great. However, what they should have done was give out the lottery tickets to random drivers, not just those pulled over for speeding. Somehow rewarding only those caught speeding does not seem right.

they issued a warning for a reason. When you are being pulled over for no reason it can escalate to an ugly confrontation since it can be deemed an overreach by the police.

They did the right thing.

they issued a warning for a reason. When you are being pulled over for no reason it can escalate to an ugly confrontation since it can be deemed an overreach by the police.

I see your point. I personally would not have an issue with being pulled over simply to be given a lottery ticket, but I can understand that motorists who have had previous run-ins with law enforcement would be on edge.

I still can't visualize the scenario. I was given a warning a number of years ago during the click-it-or-ticket campaign, and somehow I just could not picture that officer giving me a lottery ticket. I almost received a ticket, however I simply told the officer the truth that my previous truck (1965 ford F100) did not have seat belts, so I was not accustomed to wearing them. He let me off with a warning.

I see your point. I personally would not have an issue with being pulled over simply to be given a lottery ticket, but I can understand that motorists who have had previous run-ins with law enforcement would be on edge.

I still can't visualize the scenario. I was given a warning a number of years ago during the click-it-or-ticket campaign, and somehow I just could not picture that officer giving me a lottery ticket. I almost received a ticket, however I simply told the officer the truth that my previous truck (1965 ford F100) did not have seat belts, so I was not accustomed to wearing them. He let me off with a warning.

I had a warning given to me once ( I WAS speeding). I also told the truth - I am late for the Mass ( it was Sunday morning) and I don't want to upset my Mom who is waiting for me in Church.

And I can visualize this happening on a Christmas morning as well. With an officer giving a ticket with a smile, together with a warning.
Pulling aside takes time. So if you are in a hurry and are being pulled for no reason, the emotions can go high :)
It's Florida. I live here as well.

Jesus you people can't even dial it back on Christmas. But seeing as it pissed you off I say hand em' out.

I don't have a problem with just giving out a warning.
But what's with the lottery game?

it's CHRISTMAS, people!!!!

Lighten up :)

The cops were simply NICE.

You moron. If they refused to arrest child molesters and instead gave them lottery tickets, would you call that nice? Speeders kill people every day.

Many police depts do this sort of thing at Christmas time. The one where I'm at in the past have pulled over safe drivers at Christmas time, and handed them gift certificates.
It's just a PR thing.

Speeders you are a certifiable idiot. It's Christmas and the police are trying to boost public relations which is always a good thing.

And I never said dui should be legal so stuff that lie as part of your usual retarded response

Many police depts do this sort of thing at Christmas time. The one where I'm at in the past have pulled over safe drivers at Christmas time, and handed them gift certificates.
It's just a PR thing.

A pr thing?? How does that make it right.? Should we stop arresting DUIs at christmas-time too? uranidiot

Forum List

Back