ideas for vetting, revised

dafenstein

Rookie
Jul 16, 2010
Subsidize domestically produced/bought/used products and services that reduce the need for imports and thus closses the trade deficit, which is a hole through which the economy bleeds money. Free public transportation to reduce oil demand, and solar panel subsidies for manufacturers so we can compete with china in our own country. Maybe subsidize the manufacturing of important things like medical equipment and machinery, since it only makes sense that we can provide it for ourselves.

I would also like to see the utilization of “test out” potential for K-12 by letting kids take home textbooks over the summer to test out of science, math, history, etc. classes before the start of the new year so they can graduate sooner, which should probably be incentivized by college tuition/expenses vouchers worth half of what was saved from testing out of classes rather than having those classes be taught by a teacher. Standard fitness tests could be given for a person to test out of PE, Maybe given 4 times per year.

I would also like to see an extra last day of school for k-12 grades where you just have to memorize some info on preventing heart-attacks/strokes/cardiac-arrests, type II diabetes, osteoporosis, and cancer, all of which are nearly 100% preventable and cost the U.S. over 600 billion dollars a year.

Subsidize domestically produced/bought/used products

a very very bad idea:

1) Americans would have to pay the subsidy and so be poorer

2) if domestic goods were helped by government they would no longer be world class because they would not be subject to world class competition. This would destroy America as a world class power.

Sorry.

Subsidize domestically produced/bought/used products

a very very bad idea:

1) Americans would have to pay the subsidy and so be poorer

2) if domestic goods were helped by government they would no longer be world class because they would not be subject to world class competition. This would destroy America as a world class power.

Sorry.

if there was no trade deficit as a result of the (very few) subsidies, then the money would stay in the country and would circulate as salaries and tax dollars over and over and over again and the money would not ever be lost... theoretically

I'm only talking about a few subsidies, for products and services that are not AT ALL currently viable/competitive because of currency manipulation. there are things that any country should provide for itself if able; things that america can provide for itself and isn't because of currency manipulation.

if there was no trade deficit as a result of the (very few) subsidies, then the money would stay in the country and would circulate as salaries and tax dollars over and over and over again and the money would not ever be lost... theoretically

actually when China or Japan gets a dollar through WalMart or Toyota they have 2 choices in regard to what they do with it:

1) burn it

2) spend it in the USA, so it is never never lost

actually when China or Japan gets a dollar through WalMart or Toyota they have 2 choices in regard to what they do with it:

1) burn it

but they're not spending it. when will they start? and can we wait that long?

1) burn it

but they're not spending it. when will they start? and can we wait that long?

dear, in the mean time we've printed plenty of money to make up for whats sitting. Moreover, if we want them to spend our money we should make our deficts illegal so they can't buy our debt rather than our goods and services.

Also, consider that China and Japan hold less that $2 trillion of our money after decades of trade. Our economy is $14 trillion a year so its not that much anyway.

1) burn it

There are a lot more choices foreigners have with our dollars besides:

1) burn it

-------------------------------------------------------------------
They can also:

3) Buy gas driving up prices.

4) Invest in their countries manufacturing & education.

5) Buy our debt & extract interest from us.

6) Buy our productive asset's.

7) Drive up precious commodities prices.

8) Buy our companies & their patents.

9) Buy more cars & use more gas making them the world's largest oil consumer who can demand suppliers do as they wish like accept their currency instead of US dollars.

Last edited:

1) burn it

They can also:

dear this is economics which you lack the IQ for. IF they buy gas then those in the middle east have the dollar and then then have to spend it here or burn it!! either way it is always heading back to the USA, not lost for god's sake.

too stupid!!! they would have to convert it to Yen or Yuan to spend it in their own country

1) burn it

1) burn it

They can also:

5) Buy our debt & extract interest from us.

6) Buy our productive asset's.

7) Drive up precious commodities prices.

8) Buy our companies & their patents.

9) Buy more cars & use more gas making them the world's largest oil consumer who can demand suppliers do as they wish like accept their currency instead of US dollars.

nice points. I didn't even connect the dots between trade surplus and buying our debt. that and buying up our companies and patents. just gets scarrier, doesn't it? and yeah, I forgot that a lot of different countries accept the US dollar for all sorts of goods and services, so it can just circulate around the world without ever comming home.

for everyone who keeps saying the dollar will come home on its own, just consider that in the USA it's the rich, the people who are good at getting more money than they spend, who spend the lowest percentage of their income. It's just human nature to want more money, and when you get into that grove, the tendancy is to keep going. And yeah, eventually people will get fat and happy and blow it all on coke or some such thing, like the US started doing with the military and the free trade agreements, but in order for the value of the dollar to decrease compared to the rest of the country there will be a very bad (even if it is short term) economic effects - a lot of pain - and doesn't have to happen.

it ( US dollar) can just circulate around the world without ever comming home.

too goofy, it it was never coming home it would have no value at all.
IF China was not going to buy US stuff with it they would not need to sell us anything. If they trade dollar to Japan it is only of value to Japan if they plan to spend it here. If they had no plans to spend it here they would pay 1 penny for it!!

Don't forget if Japan takes the dollar from China, China then gets Japanese Yen which must ultimately return to Japan for the transaction to have value.

1) burn it

They can also:

dear this is economics which you lack the IQ for. IF they buy gas then those in the middle east have the dollar and then then have to spend it here or burn it!! either way it is always heading back to the USA, not lost for god's sake.

too stupid!!! they would have to convert it to Yen or Yuan to spend it in their own country

Yet another spastic retarded post from eddie the dumb-ass.

"The Federal Reserve estimates that the majority of the cash in circulation today is outside the United States."

Back in the day there was basic "petrodollar recycling". All crude oil around the world was only sold in US dollars. We bought oil with dollars from Iran & they bought wheat or manufactured goods from US with those dollars or bought our debt. If China wanted oil they had to sell US something to get US dollars to buy oil from the middle east who would in turn spend those dollars right back here in the US. Since all countries needed US dollars for oil trade it naturally became the worlds reserve currency. Countries central banks bought & held US dollars to back their currency & to manipulate their currency up or down. We were firmly in control of world oil & commodity prices.

Recently China has the manufacturing & owns resources around the world. When China buys oil from Saudi Arabia driving up oil prices & demand. Saudi bi-passes the USA & buys manufactured goods from China. In return China buys more oil with those US dollars again from Saudi driving up oil prices even more & the cycle continues while we stand here with our thumb up our ass.

Now China has more automobiles than US making them the worlds largest oil customer. Now since we are no longer their biggest customer or trading partner the world oil suppliers are more concerned with China than the USA. Oil producers are making deals in Chinese currency instead of US dollars. We are losing the "petro-dollar" & "world reserve currency" leverage. We are also losing the ability to control oil & commodity prices.

Cutting our consumption & sending production asset's & jobs to China cost US dollar leverage. I love how Ross Perot put it in the presidential debate with Al Gore. "...the United States, 85 percent. We're the biggest buyer of goods and services in the world. Please remember that tonight, that's one of our aces."

Last edited:
it ( US dollar) can just circulate around the world without ever comming home.

too goofy, it it was never coming home it would have no value at all.
IF China was not going to buy US stuff with it they would not need to sell us anything. If they trade dollar to Japan it is only of value to Japan if they plan to spend it here. If they had no plans to spend it here they would pay 1 penny for it!!

Don't forget if Japan takes the dollar from China, China then gets Japanese Yen which must ultimately return to Japan for the transaction to have value.

I believe that if China wanted to they could buy wheat from India with US dollars... so as long as the US is one of (if not the) reserve currencies of the world then it CAN circulate amongst foreign nations. so, actually, if the dollar was to collapse, nations that hold US dollars might be more inclined to spend them in the USA, but my argument is that that would be bad for us, and with just a few subsidies we can avoid that without ever really losing the money that pays for those subsidies.

but what do u folks think about the other two points?

As for the second, I'm a little split. I think it'd be nice to see children at their own level, but it might have a negative impact on their social development.

I'm just worried about our trading partners putting tariffs on our goods in retaliation thus hurting our massive export sector.

As for the second, I'm a little split. I think it'd be nice to see children at their own level, but it might have a negative impact on their social development.

I think socializing is a little over-rated, myself. I think the usefulness of social skills ends at understanding the normal that keeps you safe. beyond that, it's a world dominated by drugs, alcohol, STD's, drama, and psychopaths. the real question is: what is productive socializing?

I'm just worried about our trading partners putting tariffs on our goods in retaliation thus hurting our massive export sector.

I'm more in favor of putting them on goods produced overseas by US built corporations. It's just a way of preventing outsourcing.

I think socializing is a little over-rated, myself. I think the usefulness of social skills ends at understanding the normal that keeps you safe. beyond that, it's a world dominated by drugs, alcohol, STD's, drama, and psychopaths. the real question is: what is productive socializing?

Most jobs nowadays require teamwork and the like, so I think there's something to be said for letting children grow up a bit before advancing.

Forum List

Back