PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Duck Dynasty.

American values....traditional values.

Check it out:

1. "It was the season opener of America’s favorite TV family show, featuring the women of the extended Robertson clan organizing a formal wedding for the heads of the family, Phil and Miss Kay, who 49 years earlier had only been able to afford a justice of the peace.

2. Not exactly the kind of plot TV executives would expect to draw a record audience. But that’s what happened... The backwoods reality show Duck Dynasty drew 11.8 million viewers, which happens to be the most ever for a nonfiction telecast on cable television....show about a bunch of bearded men dressed in camo who spend some of their time making high-quality duck calls, and the rest goofing off,....

a. ... 8 million more .... premiere of Mad Men.....6 million more than ... premiere of Breaking Bad......3 million more than the finale of The Good Wife.

3. It’s earthy and optimistic and light-hearted and funny, like the Robertson family itself. Like America itself....A family as fun-loving and soulful. A family as dedicated to the notion of family.

4. ....each show ends around the family dinner table with three generations sitting side by side, with the meal blessed by the family patriarch, makes Duck Dynasty different from anything else on TV.

5. ....something else: They’re fiercely countercultural. If Woodstock was a rebellion against everything Americans had cherished in the 1950s, Duck Dynasty is the rebellion against the rebellion. A rebellion against the culture of divorce, rudeness, and the sexualization of everything. Duck Dynasty dares to be . . . wholesome.

a. Duck Dynasty is a brilliant brew of commerce, family life, the great outdoors, and the greatest American sport of them all — mutual heckling.....don’t let those beards fool you. These guys are smart. So are the gals, who are not only beardless but beautiful. Sexy, sassy, and thoroughly modern women, all of them.

6. They taunt and tease one another, call one another stupid and fat and crazy and just plain lazy. And no one ever throws a tantrum. Because they all know the source of that heckling. It’s love.

7. “The Robertsons represent a lot things we as Americans cherish,”....“Self-made wealth, independence, and three generations living together.”

8."There is not an iota of political correctness in the show.....Willie — CEO of Duck Commander — gets out of an obligation to attend career day at school by shirking it off on his father, Phil, and his crazy Uncle Si. Phil’s idea of career advice is to show a group of horrified grade-schoolers how to skin a duck. Uncle Si scares the kids to death with his stories from Vietnam. It was hilarious.

9. And there is one last aspect to Duck Dynasty that has made it such a big hit: It shows Christian men and women living ordinary lives that are informed by their faith — informed by their commitment to God, and each other. These are not the dour, joyless Christians you so often see on the screen,...

10. ....Miss Kay, who told her husband this: “From the time I was 14 years old, I loved you. We’ve been through some good times and some hard times. I loved you when we were poor and you were not so nice. Now, you are really nice. And kind. And all I can say about that is, and I’m not going anywhere. I will love you forever.”

For millions upon millions of TV viewers, Duck Dynasty is the kind of funny, smart, wholesome, all-American programming we’ve been praying for."
Till Duck Do Us Part | National Review Online

Won't mean a hill of beans to Hollywood, 'cause, to them, it isn't about money.....it's about control....

...unless, of course, it translates into electoral victories....

Libtards hate this show with its family values and religious outlook.

It should be a massive hit outside the blue states.:lol:

Liberals have already demanded that references to guns and religion be removed.

The Robertsons said no.

What's laughable is that liberals actually think they have any leverage against this family.

Liberals have already demanded that references to guns and religion be removed.

The Robertsons said no.

What's laughable is that liberals actually think they have any leverage against this family.

Well, as I’m the God-fearing, gun-toting, flag-waving conservative they were warned about.....

...that must be why the show appeals to me.

This is not good. We can't implement full Soviet style Government if Americans start valuing close family relations and begin to worship God above Government.

PC I don't have Cable TV so I haven't watched the show. Are there any Gay characters there? Anyone struggling with addiction? Anyone who hates that family and moved away years ago that could be used as a wedge to break that family up?

Are there rumors of child abuse that we can use to have CPS take their kids or better yet, SWAT Team them and burn down their house? All we need are rumors.

Pregnant Teens?
Kids who cut themselves?
Kids failing in school?

We need something to counter act this.

The closest I saw to child abuse was when Willie took his daughter's cell phone away for excessive texting and made her bake biscuits with Grandma all day.

This is not good. We can't implement full Soviet style Government if Americans start valuing close family relations and begin to worship God above Government.

PC I don't have Cable TV so I haven't watched the show. Are there any Gay characters there? Anyone struggling with addiction? Anyone who hates that family and moved away years ago that could be used as a wedge to break that family up?

Are there rumors of child abuse that we can use to have CPS take their kids or better yet, SWAT Team them and burn down their house? All we need are rumors.

Pregnant Teens?
Kids who cut themselves?
Kids failing in school?

I'm witcha, commie!!!

I'm gonna start by writin' a nasty letter decrying the lack of Korean red-necks......

...heck, my peeps can grow beards with the best of 'em!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTax6-DUsM8]Three Kingdoms - Episode?01?English Subtitles?2010 C-Drama? - YouTube[/ame]

Pregnant Teens?
Kids who cut themselves?
Kids failing in school?

They've got it:

Americans eat snow to survive!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CJoQOQHQ8oA]North Korea TV - How Americans Live Today, Survive By Eating Birds And Snow ORIGINAL - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back