Zone1 Iceland Church apologizes for what looks like a transgendered Jesus

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Disclaimer. This is not intended to bash or complain about the LGBTQ community and please do not engage in that on this thread. This is strictly intended to protest policy and attitudes promoted in a way that is dishonest and I believe harmful and that should be unacceptable to everybody.

As if we didn't know that the 'woke' culture is invading religion the same as it has government, media, scientific institutions, entertainment, education, this ad campaign in Iceland is just one volley being shot. And it targets children. Good people need to stand up and complain long and loud at this attempt to completely destroy existing culture and establish something unrecognizable to those embracing traditional values.

1669153555345.png

Last edited:
To me this just confirms what the bible says about who the temporary "god" of this world is. But yes, I agree that when children are being targeted, people shouldn't sit back and do nothing. Ephesians 5:11 comes to mind.

From the article attached >>> Apologizing for the ad, the Church of Iceland said: "The 2020 Assembly of the National Church regrets that the picture of Jesus in a Sunday school advertisement has hurt people. The goal was to emphasize diversity, not to hurt people or shock them."

These "national association of churches" here and in the USA, are the most hyper-liberal, immoral, anti-God voices that mask as Christian. They are in big trouble whoever is behind these blasphemous measures. . Blind and stupid people who actually view themselves as doing good.

I'm shocked they have a STATE religion. Like, wtf?

View attachment 729585
1920px-State_Religions.svg.png

IMO? That should probably be the bigger issue here.
Long standing tradition in Iceland since the 11th Century but it is really now just a "National Church" and all other Christian denominations and religions are free to worship there as they choose. But since a majority of the religious do belong to the National Church, that ad they put out spoke to a lot of people. And apparently not in a good way.

Disclaimer. This is not intended to bash or complain about the LGBTQ community and please do not engage in that on this thread. This is strictly intended to protest policy and attitudes promoted in a way that is dishonest and I believe harmful and that should be unacceptable to everybody.

As if we didn't know that the 'woke' culture is invading religion the same as it has government, media, scientific institutions, entertainment, education, this ad campaign in Iceland is just one volley being shot. And it targets children. Good people need to stand up and complain long and loud at this attempt to completely destroy existing culture and establish something unrecognizable to those embracing traditional values.

View attachment 729575

So it's okay to depict Jesus as a white dude, but not as a transgender

From the article attached >>> Apologizing for the ad, the Church of Iceland said: "The 2020 Assembly of the National Church regrets that the picture of Jesus in a Sunday school advertisement has hurt people. The goal was to emphasize diversity, not to hurt people or shock them."

These "national association of churches" here and in the USA, are the most hyper-liberal, immoral, anti-God voices that mask as Christian. They are in big trouble whoever is behind these blasphemous measures. . Blind and stupid people who actually view themselves as doing good.
That is the concern of millions. Those denominations/congregations promoting traditional values, especially traditional family values, are more and more labeled rightwing religious extremists while one after another Christian denominations are pushing 'woke' sociopolitical concepts that are undermining if not demonizing those traditional values.

That the National Church of Iceland saw that ad as 'okay' speaks volume to how far down a much different and not at all healthy road we have come.

So it's okay to depict Jesus as a white dude, but not as a transgender
Jesus is known as "the son of God" and/or "God incarnate" on Earth but there is no Biblical description of him and no known images from His time on Earth. As God is Spirit and therefore skin color is not a factor, it is natural for black, brown, Asian, white people to see Jesus as looking like them and all the different races portray Him as looking like them.

We can guess as to his general appearance but since nobody really knows, I see no harm in that.

But I am 100% certain that the people of that time would not have understood the concept of transgendering and Jesus was not transgendered or that WOULD have been so unusual as it surely would have been mentioned. And to dishonestly depict a sacred figure in that way targeted at kids definitely fits a definition of 'grooming.' It isn't okay.

Last edited:
Jesus is known as "the son of God" and/or "God incarnate" on Earth but there is no Biblical description of him and no known images from His time on Earth. As God is Spirit and therefore color is not a factor, it is natural for black, brown, Asian, white people to see Jesus as looking like them and all the different races portray Him as looking like them.

We can guess as to his general appearance but since nobody really knows, I see no harm in that.

But I am 100% certain that the people of that time would not have understood the concept of transgendering and Jesus was not transgendered or that WOULD have been so unusual as it surely would have been mentioned. And to dishonestly depict a sacred figure in that way targeted at kids definitely fits a definition of 'grooming.' It isn't okay.

Well, that comes across as convenient a little too much.

1) Jesus, even if he was the "son of God", still came out of a woman from the Middle East. He still had a human body with DNA from human people.

There's no way in hell that he came out as a freaking white dude.

So if he can be white, for white people, he can be transgender for transgender people. though why they'd want to believe in a God that seems to hate them.....

I'm not even very religious and I totally agree, from a simply conservative moral standpoint.

Well, that comes across as convenient a little too much.

1) Jesus, even if he was the "son of God", still came out of a woman from the Middle East. He still had a human body with DNA from human people.

There's no way in hell that he came out as a freaking white dude.

So if he can be white, for white people, he can be transgender for transgender people. though why they'd want to believe in a God that seems to hate them.....
If you want to think people have no right to see Jesus as they imagine he looks while keeping him in his Biblical character, you are free to do that.

Please understand that millions of us are also free to see you as the wrong one.

1669160825309.png

1669160871628.png

1669160906936.png
1669160954936.png

If you want to think people have no right to see Jesus as they imagine he looks while keeping him in his Biblical character, you are free to do that.

Please understand that millions of us are also free to see you as the wrong one.

View attachment 729624
View attachment 729625
View attachment 729627View attachment 729628

It's not about a "right" to do something.

Generally I find that you can tell what kind of a person they are by how consistent or hypocritical they are. They'll be like "the Bible says this" and then ignore huge parts to the Bible in order to justify their bigotry.

It's not about a "right" to do something.

Generally I find that you can tell what kind of a person they are by how consistent or hypocritical they are. They'll be like "the Bible says this" and then ignore huge parts to the Bible in order to justify their bigotry.
Which has zero to do with the topic of this thread. So be good and let's talk about the topic or go find somebody else to troll.

They might be laughing at and mocking the Lord right now, but He's not laughing and they won't be either on judgement day. It's either repenting or Hell for them.

That is the concern of millions. Those denominations/congregations promoting traditional values, especially traditional family values, are more and more labeled rightwing religious extremists while one after another Christian denominations are pushing 'woke' sociopolitical concepts that are undermining if not demonizing those traditional values.
The Catholic clergy are the most cherished for the good of mankind. (imo) . Yet, when they have a great moral fall, or defy godly truths in their teachings, they risk enduring the most arduous pains in purgatory for their betrayals. (or worse). < So has been revealed by more than one saint or visionary.

“From the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded.” –Luke 12:48 . . This includes all protestant preachers and national council of churches orgs., they are equally accountable for what they claim is from God, as well as their own personal “holiness.” . I am not judging anyone’s final destiny, but it is so evident what is favored by God and what is repulsive.

Which has zero to do with the topic of this thread. So be good and let's talk about the topic or go find somebody else to troll.

This is the topic of the thread. The topic is that a church in Iceland apologized for a transgender Jesus. Why would they apologize? What have they done wrong? Nothing.

But then you say it's not about bashing the LGBT community and then you set off and bash the LGBT community.
But I guess I'm not going to get a proper conversation here. You want to tell people why the church should be bigoted, its right to be bigoted, but oh, your bigotry is not intended to bash anyway. Bullshit.

Jesus had a message of living and accepting. Are you doing any of that? (answer is no)

This is the topic of the thread. The topic is that a church in Iceland apologized for a transgender Jesus. Why would they apologize? What have they done wrong? Nothing.

But then you say it's not about bashing the LGBT community and then you set off and bash the LGBT community.
But I guess I'm not going to get a proper conversation here. You want to tell people why the church should be bigoted, its right to be bigoted, but oh, your bigotry is not intended to bash anyway. Bullshit.

Jesus had a message of living and accepting. Are you doing any of that? (answer is no)

I'm truly amazed that you keep pushing this point. I can't even begin to tell you how utterly absurd (and borderline blasphemous) what you're saying sounds to me, but you seem to be sincere so I'll reply. The whole transgenderism thing is a lie, it is not of God, it is of this fallen, upside-down world. Just like homosexuality is one of the ways of this fallen world, it is not how God created people to be.

The Bible is clear that God created two genders, and nowhere in the Bible does it say that we can pick a gender and then proceed to mutilate our body in order to try to become a different gender. Just because society (or the PTSB) has pushed that lie on the public doesn't mean that Christians should go along with it, just as the little boy in The Emperor's New Clothes story doesn't go along with the ridiculous lie, but simply speaks the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's not OK to hate anyone who has fallen for the transgenderism indoctrination, Jesus commands us to love all people, but we are also commanded to speak the truth. You said Jesus had a message of "accepting." No, that is very misleading. Jesus LOVED people but loving people doesn't mean accepting everything they do. Jesus came to save sinners, not to accept sin or misguided actions.

Jesus was sinless, and always pointed to God's perfect will, so to claim that there shouldn't be a problem with portraying Jesus as a transgender is ludicrous, and normally I would say it's blasphemous, but if it comes from a place of sincere confusion, then maybe blasphemous is not the right word.

I'm truly amazed that you keep pushing this point. I can't even begin to tell you how utterly absurd (and borderline blasphemous) what you're saying sounds to me, but you seem to be sincere so I'll reply. The whole transgenderism thing is a lie, it is not of God, it is of this fallen, upside-down world. Just like homosexuality is one of the ways of this fallen world, it is not how God created people to be.

The Bible is clear that God created two genders, and nowhere in the Bible does it say that we can pick a gender and then proceed to mutilate our body in order to try to become a different gender. Just because society (or the PTSB) has pushed that lie on the public doesn't mean that Christians should go along with it, just as the little boy in The Emperor's New Clothes story doesn't go along with the ridiculous lie, but simply speaks the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's not OK to hate anyone who has fallen for the transgenderism indoctrination, Jesus commands us to love all people, but we are also commanded to speak the truth. You said Jesus had a message of "accepting." No, that is very misleading. Jesus LOVED people but loving people doesn't mean accepting everything they do. Jesus came to save sinners, not to accept sin or misguided actions.

Jesus was sinless, and always pointed to God's perfect will, so to claim that there shouldn't be a problem with portraying Jesus as a transgender is ludicrous, and normally I would say it's blasphemous, but if it comes from a place of sincere confusion, then maybe blasphemous is not the right word.

I can't believe you used the word "blasphemous", otherwise known as "don't say anything inconvenient about my religion or I'll kill you".

You say "it's not how God created people to be" Really? How do you know what God intended?

You do realize there are hermaphrodites, people with vaginas and penises, and they are born this way. So which gender is a hermaphrodite?

The Bible is also pretty clear that gay people existed. It talks about them quite a bit.

Forum List

Back