Ian Evacuations...

There's probably a zero chance of getting a motel room within a hundred miles of the coast of Florida. Elderly folks maybe with a pet are stuck in their cars and middle class folks with a bunch of kids are struggling on the road also. In the mean time junkies and homeless rabble and illegals are enjoying motel rooms in liberal states.

My Mom lives about two miles from us in a gated community of manufactured homes.

Back when Hurricane Matthew (which was bad) came through, we got her out of there and stayed with my cousin over on the gulf coast. When we returned a few days later, frame houses were torn up and left in ruins, but not a single one of the homes in her community suffered any measurable degree of damage.

Even still, it's gonna' be a good one. I'm at the blue dot in the upper right hand corner. The storm's still about 250 miles away from us:

Hurricane Ian.jpg

Off-topic, but I've always wondered what they do with all of the cars on the lots down there.

Seems ot me that a lot of flood cars might end up moved to some other state and sold off, a lot of times unbeknown to random dolts who don't really look for signs of that sort of thing.

One of many staging areas. This is near The Villages. DeSantis says there are 30K power company workers that came into the state.

DeSantis is doing a great job of managing this disaster.

1664388922470.png

Forum List

Back