I Would Like Your Help

Sonny Clark

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2014
Gadsden Alabama
I'm writing a piece on politics and have gotten to the part where legislation has come into play. I've run into a road block concerning legislation that has benefitted everyone across the board, and not just helped a select group of people.

What piece or pieces of legislation has passed in the last 6 years that has been a benefit to every citizen of this country? I'm not looking for legislation that has helped a select few, or a select group. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

I'm writing a piece on politics and have gotten to the part where legislation has come into play. I've run into a road block concerning legislation that has benefitted everyone across the board, and not just helped a select group of people.

What piece or pieces of legislation has passed in the last 6 years that has been a benefit to every citizen of this country? I'm not looking for legislation that has helped a select few, or a select group. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

The Affordable Care Act of 2010. benefits every citizen of the United States of America.

• Banned

The Affordable Care Act of 2010. benefits every citizen of the United States of America.
It doesn't benefit my wife or myself, it cost us money. I fail to see how that helps everyone across the board. There are many people that don't need it, and don't want it. It doesn't benefit the super rich.

It doesn't benefit my wife or myself, it cost us money. I fail to see how that helps everyone across the board. There are many people that don't need it, and don't want it. It doesn't benefit the super rich.

It benefits your wife and every woman by making it illegal for insurance companies to charge her more solely on the basis of her gender which they could and did before ACA. Better, more affordable, health care benefits everyone. A healthier populace means lower health care costs for everyone. You and the super rich benefit as tax payers not having the front the bill for uninsured people going to the Emergency Room instead of a doctor.

• Banned

It benefits your wife and every woman by making it illegal for insurance companies to charge her more solely on the basis of her gender which they could and did before ACA. Better, more affordable, health care benefits everyone. A healthier populace means lower health care costs for everyone. You and the super rich benefit as tax payers not having the front the bill for uninsured people going to the Emergency Room instead of a doctor.
My wife and I pay a lot more now in premiums, deductibles, and we have less coverage. We have Cigna as our major medical insurance, and I have Medicare on top of that. Since the ACA, we're paying more and getting less. And, we're not the only ones. Also, we were paying ( through taxation ) for those that visit the ER before the ACA, and we're still paying for them to visit the ER. Not everyone has an insurance plan. I have a neighbor that's 60 years old, single, no dependents, and no job. She was told that she doesn't qualify for coverage. So, I connected her with the state ACA office, and she was told the same thing. I then connected her with our Senator's office here, and they told her she didn't qualify. Many more Americans are left without insurance.

We're paying for the care and support of illegal immigrants through taxation, and their medical bills. So, again, not everyone across the board benefits from the ACA. And, taxes have increased on some to cover the cost of the ACA. How does it benefit people and corporations when their taxes have increased to cover those that can't afford regular coverage?

My wife and I pay a lot more now in premiums, deductibles, and we have less coverage. We have Cigna as our major medical insurance, and I have Medicare on top of that. Since the ACA, we're paying more and getting less. And, we're not the only ones. Also, we were paying ( through taxation ) for those that visit the ER before the ACA, and we're still paying for them to visit the ER. Not everyone has an insurance plan. I have a neighbor that's 60 years old, single, no dependents, and no job. She was told that she doesn't qualify for coverage. So, I connected her with the state ACA office, and she was told the same thing. I then connected her with our Senator's office here, and they told her she didn't qualify. Many more Americans are left without insurance.

We're paying for the care and support of illegal immigrants through taxation, and their medical bills. So, again, not everyone across the board benefits from the ACA. And, taxes have increased on some to cover the cost of the ACA. How does it benefit people and corporations when their taxes have increased to cover those that can't afford regular coverage?

It sounds like you live a state that refused to expand Medicaid (I do as well), and probably also refused to create an exchange. State run exchanges have been far more successful at matching people with affordable plans than the federal exchange. The ACA would work much better if states would stop fighting it and start working with it and making suggestions to improve it. The real health care benefit to all citizens will be when we finally join the rest of the world and have universal health care.

• Banned

It sounds like you live a state that refused to expand Medicaid (I do as well), and probably also refused to create an exchange. State run exchanges have been far more successful at matching people with affordable plans than the federal exchange. The ACA would work much better if states would stop fighting it and start working with it and making suggestions to improve it. The real health care benefit to all citizens will be when we finally join the rest of the world and have universal health care.
I live in Georgia, close to Atlanta. We have Medicaid here. Some people fall through the cracks. Not everyone can qualify for coverage. And, even the government admits that the ACA falls short of providing coverage for everyone. So, again, the ACA is not beneficial for everyone.

I live in Georgia, close to Atlanta. We have Medicaid here. Some people fall through the cracks. Not everyone can qualify for coverage. And, even the government admits that the ACA falls short of providing coverage for everyone. So, again, the ACA is not beneficial for everyone.

You are forgetting that coverage is not nearly the only thing in the ACA. As I said before, ACA bans what used to be a common practice, which was charging women higher premiums than men based solely on gender. It bans companies from denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions. It allows kids to stay on their parents' health plans for a longer period of time. My state, Missouri, has Medicaid, we did not, however, thanks to our far-right legislature, expand Medicaid with the federal dollars available which would have provided coverage to even more of our citizens.

Forum List

Back