I will NEVER go to a nursing home.

It's not only nursing homes, Gracie. Hospitals aren't much better. If you're at their mercy, you're gonna be neglected or mistreated in most cases. But yeah, nursing homes are hell holes.
Hospitals...you can walk out of or crawl out of. They can't really stop you. Trust me. I know because I have done it twice. A nursing home? It's jail.
Unless you have dementia or are unaware of your surroundings.

It's not only nursing homes, Gracie. Hospitals aren't much better. If you're at their mercy, you're gonna be neglected or mistreated in most cases. But yeah, nursing homes are hell holes.
Hospitals...you can walk out of or crawl out of. They can't really stop you. Trust me. I know because I have done it twice. A nursing home? It's jail.
Before that day comes, there will be warnings from the doc. That's when I take a nice drive off a cliff...while I still can.
I refuse to be put in jail where I am at the mercy of incompetents.

They tried to stop me after two surgeries. I told them to go fuck themselves. They didn't try too hard. I just marched on out the door.

Before that day comes, there will be warnings from the doc. That's when I take a nice drive off a cliff...while I still can.
I refuse to be put in jail where I am at the mercy of incompetents.

They tried to stop me after two surgeries. I told them to go fuck themselves. They didn't try too hard. I just marched on out the door.
Not only incompetents but weirdos in a lot of cases.

My Mom actually smuggled her "boyfriend" out of a nursing home in the middle of the night because he was being so mistreated, he stopped eating and had lost 25 lbs in a month. The nursing home called her and threatened her but she said go ahead and call the police I'll show them what you are doing. They didn't call back.

My Mother is in an assisted living facility and she loves it.
No cooking,no cleaning and she has a bunch of buddies she hangs out with.
Then of course there's Bingo,crafts,movie nights,cooking night and a crapload of other activities.
It was hell getting her there but now you couldnt get her to leave.

My Mom is also in an assisted living building and she is treated great. HUGE difference between assisted living and nursing homes. Not all nursing homes are bad, and not all assisted living homes are good but generally you need be really careful about selecting a nursing home.

I suspect a few really bad nursing homes make the rest of them look bad. Placing an elderly loved one in a home isn't something to be done lightly, and it would be dumb to put them there without keeping a constant eye on what happens. If you are going to make decisions about another's life, you have the responsibility to do it right.

Lawsuit filed against owner of 57 California nursing homes

LONG BEACH >> A class action lawsuit was filed last week against the owner of almost 60 skilled nursing facilities throughout California, alleging fraud, unfair business practices and violation of resident rights by intentionally misrepresenting the quality of services and care provided.

The law firm of Garcia, Artigliere and Medby filed the suit against Shlomo Rechnitz, owner of Brius Management and Brius LLC, who owns 57 skilled nursing facilities in a number of cities, including Downey, Alhambra, Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Los Angeles, Norwalk, Pasadena and San Gabriel.

The suit was filed after a three- to four-year investigation that found the company’s facilities are chronically understaffed, said Stephen M. Garcia, the lead attorney who filed the case. The suit also alleges that Rechnitz and his corporate entities hid their history of violating nursing industry laws and regulations from patients, prospective patients, and that he chronically understaffed and underfunded the facilities to enhance his profits.

How is this guy still in business???
That's them Shlomos for ya. :blues:

Attachments

• com_shlomo-rechnitz_042613_584.jpg
    com_shlomo-rechnitz_042613_584.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 89

Forum List

Back