Zone1 I was asked what my religion was, I told them "I'm a Christian". Was I lying?

Ever watch the crime shows on tv. Those murders are so heinous that the death penalty is required.

Makes no sense. I guess the worst problems in this context are currently drugs and software. Drugs destroy brains. Software educates kids.

Sadly, most are given life sentences, which of course means that they are punished for a different crime, thus they got away with murder.
We know all we need to know about murderers.

I know nearly nothing in this context. I'm always again astonished how unbelievable stupid and cruel human beings are able to be - for example when they had been educated to be child soldiers. How to "break" such indoctrinations and to rebuild a psychological structure "how god thought one to be" is perhaps a greater challenge than to send someone to the moon. I am convinced god not created us to chose to be blind even when we are not able to bear what we see. To take a look is always the first step to find a way.

We know that we don't know who will be one until they commit murder, therefore there are no measures that can be taken to prevent them. For example, many women are murdered by husbands, ex-husbands, and boyfriends, even though restraining orders have been issued, and the victims have pleaded for help from the police because they have been threatened with death.

Some men are by the way so damn "intelligent" that they kill their wife and their children and do suicide because they did do bullshit on their own and ruined their own life. They seem to think - no joke now - that their wife and children are not able to survive without them so they kill them. This is one of the most astonishing psychological phenomenons I ever heard about and I understand very well that also psychologist do not like to study such structures because this makes not happy. But we need real answers and not prejudices when we really like to help. We can not arrest all men who say and do stupid things after they had to find out that their former wifes have a better life without them.

The police investigate murders, it's not their job to prevent them.

It's also not theirs to execute them. To be an executer should be no one's job in the world. There are more than enough situations where policemen unfortunatelly have to kill someone on reason of self defense (including the extended self defense for other persons).

The best way to reduce crime in society is by teaching guilt, fear, and shame from an early age and punish offenders quickly and severely.

Hmm .. How to teach guílt, fear and shame? And what could be any sense to do so? ... We found for example out that some criminals prefer to rob a bank and to be killed when they fail. "Everything or nothing" is this mentality. Better dead than poor. A dissuasive effect for such people comes when they think about to have to go to jail and to have to live a normal life afterwards. That's much more shocking and motivates to learn in prison the right things.

Last edited:
I have been deep into the Jewish faith for nearly twenty years now, and as a result understand my Christian/Catholic faith so much better. Their story is our story because it is the story of mankind. We are so blessed that they recorded that history. Where Jews and Christians part ways is over the divinity of Jesus; for them that is just not possible, end of story.

In so many ways Jesus' story is their story, their history lived throughout his life, sort of like God saying, Your history is my history, too. I've been with you and always will be.

To convert to Judaism, one must give up Christ. I don't know about you, but that is just something I cannot do. He is the fulfillment, the essence of Judaism. Jesus does not stop me from delving into the Jewish faith; the Jewish faith would stop me from delving into Jesus. I wish the two could come together, but that does not seem likely. I respect that because one is a root, the other an offshoot. The root can no more be an offshoot, than an offshoot can be the root. We live with that difference.
Christianity is the same religion as the ancient Israelites that believed in a Messiah.

The ”Jews” who rejected Jesus and later came up with the Talmud, unilaterally declared there would be no more prophets and did away with most of Mosaic Law. It should be called Judaism 2.0. Most modern day Jews don’t even read the Tanakh, they have to listen to Rabbis “interpret” the Tanakh for them. But the main purpose of this religious cult is to keep people away from Jesus.

I got a good deal on a '55 Chevy once so I bought it. Once I got it home I realized the frame was completely rusted out. Too late.
Interesting. I once bought a '55 turquois and white BelAir hardtop that had just come in to the dealer. I bought it on the spot for $525. This was in 1960. It had a little body cancer but otherwise it was in good shape.
It's similar to a plea bargain for life rather than the death penalty. Once you experience life behind bars you realize death was the better deal.

It's similar to a plea bargain for life rather than the death penalty. Once you experience life behind bars you realize death was the better deal.
Which likely accounts for the number of suicides of prisoners, which is much higher than the general population.

Isn't that a group calling themselves "Jews for Jesus"?
Not specifically. It is a cross that is designed for Christians which also.expresses support for Israel and the origiin of Jesus from the Old Testament. Too many Christians read the New Testament without reading the Old. Vice versa for Jews simply because they don't accept it Jesus of course

Parents need to teach this to their children

No one needs to do anything else than to die. Why do you think so? Fear is good when it protects - fear is bad when it inhibits doing good. Shame has to do with an adaptation to groups. Shame is good when it leads to virtue - shame is bad when it leads to an adaptation to a wide spread bad behavior. And "guilt" ... guilt is a break of rules which make sense, of rules which support life. If guilt leads to desperation and lameness then it's bad - it is good if guilt leads to a good self-control of the own free behavior.

when they are young. It'll help keep them on the straight and narrow.

Straight and narrow? Was your life straight and narrow?

It's also not theirs to execute them. To be an executer should be no one's job in the world.
How far do you want to take this? Should no one put a man in a cage for the rest of his life either?

Regarding executioners, firing squads were composed of several shooters, but not every gun was loaded with real bullets, so the men who fired them didn't know if they were shooting bullets or blanks. This gave some comfort to them as they could rationalize that it wasn't their gun that killed the condemned man. Maybe we should return to that.

Last edited:
Which likely accounts for the number of suicides of prisoners, which is much higher than the general population.

Is that true?

Yup.
Jesus! So, I guess getting "life" really isn't "getting away with murder" because it's worse than the death sentence.

Jesus! So, I guess getting "life" really isn't "getting away with murder" because it's worse than the death sentence.
Many commit suicide that aren't in for life.

Anyway, this discussion bleeds into the larger question about the whole criminal justice system, which is badly flawed.

Not specifically. It is a cross that is designed for Christians which also.expresses support for Israel and the origiin of Jesus from the Old Testament. Too many Christians read the New Testament without reading the Old. Vice versa for Jews simply because they don't accept it Jesus of course
But there is a group (faith? Church?) called "Jews for Jesus", yes?

Forum List

Back