I think this needs to happen.

Yep. If you are in fear of your life, why are you going to make a hard trek halfway across the world? I call BS.
Because you are in fear for your life if you stay in your native country. I thought that was obvious.

Because you are in fear for your life if you stay in your native country. I thought that was obvious.
So you take a horribly dangerous journey, instead of just going to the next country? And that actually makes sense to you? :lol:

Sure, change the definition or "raise the bar" and the Biden Admin will all of a sudden enforce existing laws.....what a bunch of BS.
existing laws are being enforced.

how do u know? biden has not yet been impeached. no laws have been passed explaining the "sense of congress" to him (or us) and no money has been appropriated to implement any change.

the laws that are not now and will never be enforced are those prohibiting the employment of cheap immigrant illegal labor.

So, you know nothing about how the asylum system actually works. Imagine my surprise.
There is no way these people can get checked out to see if they fit the qualifications or not. In any event, if we are going to fix the problem, we need to end people crossing the border illegally.

existing laws are being enforced.

how do u know? biden has not yet been impeached. no laws have been passed explaining the "sense of congress" to him (or us) and no money has been appropriated to implement any change.

the laws that are not now and will never be enforced are those prohibiting the employment of cheap immigrant illegal labor.
Sure, don't believe your lying eyes.

Biden Isn't Enforcing the Immigration Law Because He Thinks It's Inherently ‘Inequitable’

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104...ajor-dhs-policy-limiting-immigration-enforcem

i certainly so not believe a fox camera.

get in line at san ysudro and tell me how "open" the border is.
WTF Jack, I didn't post a picture from fox or a link from fox. Go be ignorant on your own time.

WHAT MIGHT CHANGE WITH ASYLUM?

Asylum is a type of protection that allows a migrant to stay in the U..S. and have a path to American citizenship. To qualify for asylum, someone has to demonstrate fear of persecution back home due to a fairly specific set of criteria: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinions. Asylum-seekers must be on U.S. soil when they ask for this protection.

They generally go through an initial screening called a credible fear interview. If they are determined to have a chance of getting asylum, they are allowed to stay in the U.S. to pursue their case in immigration court. That process can take years. In the meantime, asylum-seekers can start to work, get married, have children and create a life.

Some of what lawmakers are discussing would raise the bar that migrants need to meet during that initial credible fear interview. Those who do not meet it would be sent home.

https://apnews.com/article/immigrat...asylum-trump-5b5808183c1642bae520b7d9456cc36d

We need to find a way to reduce the number of people trying to immigrate to the US across the southern border. As heartbreaking as it is to do so the standard for asylum must be raised in order to achieve the former. It's a part of what I hope will be a bipartisan compromise to address what has been a major problem in need of reform for a very long time. Reform that could have happened in 2013 had House Repubs not blocked a bill the Senate had passed 68 to 32 with 14 Repubs voting in the affirmative.
^^^^RACIST^^^^^^

No, most people want reasonable immigration laws. My comment was more about your Pavlovian response to raising the issue of immigration without even bothering to read the article reporting the Biden admin appears ready to compromise on measures Repubs are asking for. But then haters gotta hate.
He's focking thread derailer, is what he is. You had a good discussion going that didn't tow any partisan lines.

Look, there's simply no basis to disagree on the fact that the asylum process is Broken, and people, who no more would qualify for asylum than you or I, are claiming asylum to just get legal status to not be summarily deported back over the border or to their home country. They intentionally flout the US's generosity and concern for people being persecuted.

Yer fer it, or agin it.

WHAT MIGHT CHANGE WITH ASYLUM?

Asylum is a type of protection that allows a migrant to stay in the U..S. and have a path to American citizenship. To qualify for asylum, someone has to demonstrate fear of persecution back home due to a fairly specific set of criteria: race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinions. Asylum-seekers must be on U.S. soil when they ask for this protection.

They generally go through an initial screening called a credible fear interview. If they are determined to have a chance of getting asylum, they are allowed to stay in the U.S. to pursue their case in immigration court. That process can take years. In the meantime, asylum-seekers can start to work, get married, have children and create a life.

Some of what lawmakers are discussing would raise the bar that migrants need to meet during that initial credible fear interview. Those who do not meet it would be sent home.

https://apnews.com/article/immigrat...asylum-trump-5b5808183c1642bae520b7d9456cc36d

We need to find a way to reduce the number of people trying to immigrate to the US across the southern border. As heartbreaking as it is to do so the standard for asylum must be raised in order to achieve the former. It's a part of what I hope will be a bipartisan compromise to address what has been a major problem in need of reform for a very long time. Reform that could have happened in 2013 had House Repubs not blocked a bill the Senate had passed 68 to 32 with 14 Repubs voting in the affirmative.

That's a great idea, but we should also put do a massive increase in the number of immigration courts. There's no reason that the process should take years.

If a person enters illegally, they should be held and have their case heard within 72 hours.

Our asylum laws are fine. What we need to do is stop doing what creates asylum seekers-putting in puppets who are friendly to American corporate "interests."

If you want to end something, end the visa waiver program.

We need to find a way to reduce the number of people trying to immigrate to the US across the southern border.
You have no clue what you are talking about. Our immigration "laws" have nothing to do with 10,000 illegals PER DAY showing up at our border. The Democrats WANT THEM HERE. That's why they won't enforce the laws and have created a new rubber stamp process at our border and in our airports if they fly in directly from their country.

The only thing that will even SLOW DOWN the waves of immigrants to our border is a massive show of military force at the border AND Mexico's border coupled with a massive information campaign directly into the countries sourcing the illegals. TV, internet, videos, dropped leaflets, radio all sending the message that you need to stay in your country or take asylum in the country NEAREST to yours not the US.

Forum List

Back