I think this is the hardest commandment to do

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
To know that G-d exists (Ex. 20:2; Deut. 5:6)

How can we 'know' this? If we know it then shouldn't we have proof? I "like" the idea that a benevolent deity exists, and I live my life according to the laws I think are sensible (and ignore the stupid ones) but I can't say I "know" G-d exists. I think maybe something exists akin to global consciousness, or maybe aliens were mistaken for divinity way back, but I can't say I know something that refuses to prove itself exists.

Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you.

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)

You can know God the same way Peter did.

what really matters is whether or not you make the next grade to the Everlasting after your last breath - if so do you believe the Everlasting is lawless ?

You know what's REALLY cool, that's NOT what either verse says.
C'mon, I presume you can look these verses up on Google?

How can we 'know' this? If we know it then shouldn't we have proof? I "like" the idea that a benevolent deity exists, and I live my life according to the laws I think are sensible (and ignore the stupid ones) but I can't say I "know" G-d exists. I think maybe something exists akin to global consciousness, or maybe aliens were mistaken for divinity way back, but I can't say I know something that refuses to prove itself exists.

It was written to the ones who had the proof.

I know that God exists. For those who question his existence, they need to ask themselves one question. Who created the universe or all matter that is within the universe?

The first law of thermodynamics states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. All matter and energy must have had some type of divine origin. Saying that it was always there makes no sense.

I know that God exists. For those who question his existence, they need to ask themselves one question. Who created the universe or all matter that is within the universe?

The first law of thermodynamics states that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. All matter and energy must have had some type of divine origin. Saying that it was always there makes no sense.

First paragraph is fantasy, sentence of the second paragraph is the use of science to draw a nonsensical conclusion.

...Belief in the existence of God is primarily an intellectual game...

Actually, belief in the existence of God is primarily an anti-intellectual game.

Saying that something exists does not mean that it exists. You may CHOOSE to believe it but its still only your opinion, your belief.

Only God's elect ( saints and prophets ) know God during this first age. ALL God's men ( created male and female ) will get to know Him in the next age.

Ask and ye shall recieve, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open unto you.

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10)

You can know God the same way Peter did.

No created men get to know our Creator during this first age. Only God's created servant through the flesh of prophets and saints get to know Him and who we are within His mind.

The religious Romans and Jews had no idea who our Creator was when they added their religious ideas into the minds of stupid men and had them printed in the Bible.

The tree of knowledge falls in the garden, if there's no one there to know it's fallen, did it happen at all?

The tree of knowledge falls in the garden, if there's no one there to know it's fallen, did it happen at all?

God's people had no idea that they were being deceived by the things they see, hear, taste, smell and touch in this world until God used us saints to explain everything. We learn all about this delusion that we're experiencing in this first age besides the past and the future. Man will never be deceived in the next age after this one is destroyed.

First paragraph is fantasy, sentence of the second paragraph is the use of science to draw a nonsensical conclusion.

Actually, belief in the existence of God is primarily an anti-intellectual game.

Saying that something exists does not mean that it exists. You may CHOOSE to believe it but its still only your opinion, your belief.

But God saying He exists does mean He exists. Unless you think we should likewise disbelieve that you exist despite what you say.

But God saying He exists does mean He exists. Unless you think we should likewise disbelieve that you exist despite what you say.

Before we become saints, God gives us commands in our mind to do whatever He wants us to do. We have to obey Him because we were created to do so. Once He's done having us confess and repent of our sins, then we're born again into His hidden knowledge and learn that we are the invisible Word of God, which is His voice. The knowledge he puts in our mind is what we witness and testify to in writing, speaking and bodily actions. Everything we do is a testament to our Creator and His plans.

Both verses are the 1st Commandment. The text I quoted is how they're traditionally interpreted. Their meaning.

You're intent is honorable but anyone can open another tab, look the verses up and see that's that's not what they say.
The verses are meant for another purpose...The Children of Israel are NOT to obey God because He created the universe but to obey in God because He just freed THEM (personally) from the slavery of Egypt.

To "know" that something exists, one must first define it. Do you know that Thor exists? How about Osiris? El, the God of Abraham?

Both verses are the 1st Commandment. The text I quoted is how they're traditionally interpreted. Their meaning.

You're intent is honorable but anyone can open another tab, look the verses up and see that's that's not what they say.
The verses are meant for another purpose...The Children of Israel are NOT to obey God because He created the universe but to obey in God because He just freed THEM (personally) from the slavery of Egypt.

How a Scriptural verse is written, and how it's traditionally defined are often quite different things. It's probably why there's so many denominations and traditions. If it was clear-cut there'd only be one religion.

I'm a big fan of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid.) It's how I know with almost absolute certainty the Bible is not about, nor from, any uber-being. If it were, it'd almost certainly be written in such a way that 'personal interpretation' wouldn't be needed. Like the difference between the Gettysburg Address, and political speeches of today. The shorter something is, the more likely a superior intelligence authored it. :)

How a Scriptural verse is written, and how it's traditionally defined are often quite different things. It's probably why there's so many denominations and traditions. If it was clear-cut there'd only be one religion.

I'm a big fan of the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid.) It's how I know with almost absolute certainty the Bible is not about, nor from, any uber-being. If it were, it'd almost certainly be written in such a way that 'personal interpretation' wouldn't be needed. Like the difference between the Gettysburg Address, and political speeches of today. The shorter something is, the more likely a superior intelligence authored it. :)

There still was other gods being worshipped when Israel was a nation.
They had the true God but other people were still going AWOL.
If you have someone who doesn't want to do what they are supposed to do then it doesn't matter if it is clear cut or not. They will find an alternative to disobey.

There still was other gods being worshipped when Israel was a nation.
They had the true God but other people were still going AWOL.
If you have someone who doesn't want to do what they are supposed to do then it doesn't matter if it is clear cut or not. They will find an alternative to disobey.

Every single Christian is worshiping false gods ( things built with human hands ). God's people are totally deceived by God's strong delusion and Christians are more deceived than anyone else in this world.

Deuteronomy 4:
8: “You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
9: you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 11
26: “Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse:
27: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day,
28: and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but trun aside from the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods which you have not known.

No Christian obeys the commandments of God ( the Law ) so they are cursed and their flesh will perish without them knowing who our Creator is.

Deuteronomy 28
15: “But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
16: Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field.
17: Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading-trough.
18: cursed shall be the fruit of your body, and the fruit of your gournd, the increase of your cattle, and the young of your flock.
19: Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.
20: “the Lord will send upon you curses, confusion, and frustration, in all that you undertake to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on accound of the evil of your doings, because you have forsaken me.
21: The Lord will make the pestilence cleave to you until he has consumed you off the land wich you are entering to take possession of it.
22: The Lord will smite you with consumption, and with fever, inflammation, and fiery heat, and with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew; they shall pursue you until your perish.
23: And the heavens over your head shall be brass, and the earth under you shall be iron.
24: The Lord will make the rain of your land powder and dust; from heaven it shall come down upon you until you are destroyed.

Genesis 3
17: And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, `You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life;
18: thorns and thistles it shall bring forth to you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.
19: In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return
."

Only the flesh of man perishes during this age because the flesh cannot live without the "breath of life", which is our spiritual existence in the mind of our Creator.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground (The flesh )[/B][/B], and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life( Spirit of God ); and man became a living being.

Forum List

Back