Zone1 I suggest a separate forum on antisemitism

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
Antisemitism is at its highest point since the lead-up to Nazi Germany, and on a per-capita basis, Jews are more likely to be victims of hate crimes than other minorities.(I personally have been victimized twice.)

It has been suggested to me that topics related to antisemitism be placed under the religion forum, but that forum is so broad - covering all different religions and traditions - that it would get buried there. Beyond that, people who have no interest at all in religious topics and never go there would miss the opportunity to be educated about antisemitism.

I thus believe the subject deserves to own forum, just as racism has its own forum. Otherwise, the message is - as we continue to get IRL - that antisemitism is of less concern than racism.

Antisemitism is at its highest point since the lead-up to Nazi Germany, and on a per-capita basis, Jews are more likely to be victims of hate crimes than other minorities.(I personally have been victimized twice.)

It has been suggested to me that topics related to antisemitism be placed under the religion forum, but that forum is so broad - covering all different religions and traditions - that it would get buried there. Beyond that, people who have no interest at all in religious topics and never go there would miss the opportunity to be educated about antisemitism.

I thus believe the subject deserves to own forum, just as racism has its own forum. Otherwise, the message is - as we continue to get IRL - that antisemitism is of less concern than racism.

Or you can just make stuff up.

"The Anti-Semite Palestinians are attacking us"

"Um, the Palestinians are a Semitic people!"

The problem is, your religion is a choice, and if you use your religion to justify terrible actions, then you kind of bring it on yourself.

Race/Racism has always included other “isms” based on hatred and bigotry. Perhaps renaming it to reflect the broader concerns would be better than yet another forum.

Race/Racism has always included other “isms” based on hatred and bigotry. Perhaps renaming it to reflect the broader concerns would be better than yet another forum.
I have suggested that to another mod, who wasn’t a fan. Perhaps the mods can together come to a consensus. i thought maybe something like “prejudice against minorities” (which could include against Muslims, gays, etc.) might be a good approach.

I have suggested that to another mod, who wasn’t a fan. Perhaps the mods can together come to a consensus. i thought maybe something like “prejudice against minorities” (which could include against Muslims, gays, etc.) might be a good approach.
Something like that would be good imo. Let me think about titles and bring it up.

Something like that would be good imo. Let me think about titles and bring it up.
Thank you. In the interim, may I bring up topics of antisemitism in the racism forum? If not, I’ll hold off.

Having a forum on antisemitism is guaranteed to bring out the antisemites, and just like the racism forum is dominated by anti-white hatred, this one would be dominated by antisemites.

The problem is, your religion is a choice, and if you use your religion to justify terrible actions, then you kind of bring it on yourself.
Jewishness is an ethnicity.

The term antisemitism was coined to refer to Jews specifically and not all semitic people, having remained quite consistent in its use in all the years since,

Having a forum on antisemitism is guaranteed to bring out the antisemites, and just like the racism forum is dominated by anti-white hatred, this one would be dominated by antisemites.
But it would have the same Zone 1 protection, and the antisemites could be reported - and banned, if needed.

Jewishness is an ethnicity.

The term antisemitism was coined to refer to Jews specifically and not all semitic people, having remained quite consistent in its use in all the years since,

No, it isn't.

There are White Jews from Russia and Middle Eastern Jews (Semites) from the Middle east, and even black Jews from Ethiopia. And heck, you have different language groups/cultures (Sephardic, Ashkenazi) as well as different sects (Reformed, Orthodox, Hasidic, etc.)

In short, they are as ethnically diverse as Christians of Muslims...

As an atheist, it amuses me to watch European Jews argue with Middle Eastern Muslims over who an imaginary fairy in the sky promised a strip of desert to. Its the 21st Century, we have space shuttles and computers now.

But No Zone 1! Please. I'm not much attracted by antisemitism discussion, but Zone 1 is a bad deal for everything. The mods get weaponized and start accusing me of "threatening people," which has never happened. I suppose they have to accuse everybody of "threatening" because they aren't supposed to threaten me with banning just because they don't like my attitude or who I vote for. This would be a better forum without Zone 1 at all. It was a mistake to start that. I can remember when it got started, and it quickly went bad.

But it would have the same Zone 1 protection, and the antisemites could be reported - and banned, if needed.
I'm opposed to Muslims since all the bombings and shootings and I'm opposed to homosexuality, especially since they've started bringing in these diseases. I think this is a totally reasonable position, and certainly one shared by many here. Zone one is indeed just INVITING bannings and it's a bad deal, a corruption of the Forum, an abrogation of free speech.

As an atheist, it amuses me to watch European Jews argue with Middle Eastern Muslims over who an imaginary fairy in the sky promised a strip of desert to. Its the 21st Century,
As an atheist your condescending and self-righteous attitude towards things you don't understand or respect, annoys me

Last edited:
I think we should make a separate forum for all of the things that victimize the right wing snowflakes. I doubt there is enough bandwidth in the universe but they are offended and whine about everything.

History Degree? Ask for a refund.

Forum List

Back