Zone1 I suggest a separate forum on antisemitism

Antisemitism is at its highest point since the lead-up to Nazi Germany, and on a per-capita basis, Jews are more likely to be victims of hate crimes than other minorities.(I personally have been victimized twice.)

It has been suggested to me that topics related to antisemitism be placed under the religion forum, but that forum is so broad - covering all different religions and traditions - that it would get buried there. Beyond that, people who have no interest at all in religious topics and never go there would miss the opportunity to be educated about antisemitism.

I thus believe the subject deserves to own forum, just as racism has its own forum. Otherwise, the message is - as we continue to get IRL - that antisemitism is of less concern than racism.
Does a complete apathy towards Judaism equate antisemitism?

I have suggested that to another mod, who wasn’t a fan. Perhaps the mods can together come to a consensus. i thought maybe something like “prejudice against minorities” (which could include against Muslims, gays, etc.) might be a good approach.

But, it is certainly possible to be racist against a race that is the MAJORITY too.

Antisemites aren’t hostile toward Judaism. They are hostile toward JEWS.
One of the hallmarks of much antisemitic discourse is to deny the very validity of Jewish ethnic identity while pretending it is simply a religion.

If Judaism was simply a religion seeking converts, do these people really not realize there would be at least a couple BILLION Jews by now instead of just a few million? Good grief, some people are simply incapable of reason.

I'm totally apathetic towards JEWS. Is that antisemitism?

The fact you asked the question is telling. If a black poster expressed concern about racism, and your retort to the black was that you couldn’t care less about blacks, there’s an undercurrent of nastiness.

The fact you asked the question is telling. If a black poster expressed concern about racism, and your retort to the black was that you couldn’t care less about blacks, there’s an undercurrent of nastiness.
Why? What psychobabble do you base this opinion upon? Notice how you equate 'couldn't care less' with my use of the word apathy? Of course you didn't.

Forum List

Back