I really miss good seafood that you don't need to re-mortgage the house to buy.

Every time I go out I catch more Flounder than anything. I'm a Flounder magnet.

There's all kinds of fresh fish to catch here. I even got a spot for yellows in the wintertime.

It's magical! :D

I actually know what makes it work, and it's not magic, but there is a valid reason they come to that exact spot.

King Crab legs are also getting too expensive to eat, they've all migrated from U.S. waters in the Bering Seat to colder Russian waters. You could try this if you don't mind getting it frozen.

Commercial salmon season is closed in both California and Oregon {Cite} ... if you want to eat endangered species (and who doesn't), you're gonna pay out your nose ... even on Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco ... just like Fargo, North Dakota ...

Salmon need to swim up th erivers, but during droughts, there's no water to swim up ... thus the salmon don't spawn that year ... after enough years, there are no more salmon to harvest ... especially since the fucking Chinese don't play by the rules and strip all life from the oceans ... bastards ... for $7 school shoes for your kids you have to pay $27 a pound for salmon ...

Pfffft ... eat mahi-mahi then ... easy peasy ...

Not around here. Maybe we just keep it all. Flounder is harvested with a gig pole at night by people who wade along the shore with a lantern.
I used to enjoy that on the sound side down at Hatteras Village, NC but they set the recreational limit so low I quit messing with it. I hear it's just one now.

Damn, I just looked and it looks like it was closed for '23.

flounder-gigging-regulations_1080x.jpg

Like everything else in the world, modern corporatism has ruined seafood.
Tilapia has taken over supermarkets everywhere. Why? Because it is literally the only fish that can survive the filthy, polluted waters in Asia/South Asia. They are pumped to the max with anti-biotics also.
I hate corporatism. Hate.
You should try the shit that they call shrimp & sell at Aldi & other chain supermarkets, frozen of course. You'll only do it once.

Product of Viet Nam & other Southeast Asia hellholes.

You should try the shit that they call shrimp & sell at Aldi & other chain supermarkets, frozen of course. You'll only do it once.

Not for me.
We buy Pink Shrimp that comes from Argentina

The shrimp from Vietnam is farm raised. Guess what they eat? Human waste.

You are literally eating shit.

Tilapia has taken over supermarkets everywhere. Why? Because it is literally the only fish that can survive the filthy, polluted waters in Asia/South Asia. They are pumped to the max with anti-biotics also.
I love walleye from the fresh inland waters.

You can get good tilapia in Saudi Arabia. Their fish farms are not polluted. They also export a lot.

Forum List

Back