I really feel horrible

Iceman36

Apr 29, 2022
I actually feel horrible for all the things I did..
I hurt everyday..
That's reality.
Bottom line.

And internet tough guys who don't know the ins and outs of my ropes actually activates My PTSD and makes me hurt more.

R.d5e59c6bcca64e744af594af12b6782a

I've come across a few people in my life that gave up their lives to take care of their parents.
They are like you, always tired and run down. But they wouldn't trade it for anything.
It makes them better human beings for not tolerating dumping their parents on some shady "rest home" and ignoring them until it's time to get something out of their Will.

Being a good, decent human is hard, hard work. And there ARE people out there in the world that will appreciate you for it, regardless of them saying anything to you or not.

I don't know where you are, but in the US, most states have state paid caregivers that can come and help you out a couple days a week. So you can get stuff done you need to get done, like pay bills and buy food. And then a day off for you.....so you can sleep or go to a movie or just take a long walk outside. You might contact your local state Rep to see what programs they have for this, if any.

But no matter where you are, there should be something available through the state, govt, or seniors organization. But these people are in short supply with high demand. So expect to be put on a waiting list.

If you have some money to spend on some help from your own pocket, then there are MANY home nurse programs that you can sign up with to come and give you a day or two off every week, or whenever you need it. Just make sure anybody that comes over has been checked through the states police departments and nursing organizations.

If you are strapped for money, but have something to spend for some help...............you can check with some local colleges and nursing schools and find someone with their credentials, but needs the experience, thats still in school and has time to help you out. You can usually pay them a bit, not as much as a full qualified nurse, but still...........they can help with the parents while you run to the store or pay bills, and have a hour to yourself once in a while.

If you need help, it's available.......you just have to seek it out. I would contact your parents' doctor office to begin with, to see if they have a list of such organizations and govt/state offices that could help you out.

Last edited:
That's a rough task.... remember we only have one life... I've been where you are taking care of my mother before she passed... if you ever want to talk PM me....
Mom will be 89 in a couple of days, so yeah it's starting to get to the sell-off everything and put her into assisted living stage when she's ready.

I've already been through all that with my dad/grandparents/in-laws so I'm sorta "trained-up".

I actually feel horrible for all the things I did..
I hurt everyday..
That's reality.
Bottom line.

And internet tough guys who don't know the ins and outs of my ropes actually activates My PTSD and makes me hurt more.
I feel for you bro & pray you keep your head up & see the good things in life, no matter how small they may seem at the time.
I lean on the 3 F's in times of trouble. Faith, family & friends. If you don't have that to fall back on, get some. Family & friends can be the same too. If you're really blessed you can find all 3 in the same place.
If you need to blow through some frustration or have some fun to keep the spirits up, I recommend the other 2 F's. Firearms & football

Forum List

Back