I missed it on Fox News, who in the hell compared ANTIFA to the heroes on the beaches of Normandy?

20914264_1563067880382573_3858589493748900895_n.jpg

Can anyone identify what poorly informed person made this comparison?.

I don't know, but I have been finding so many poorly informed people on Fox News these past couple of days, I can't even stand to tune it in for a while!

They have jumped the shark after dumping O'Reilly, haven't they? But overall, they're reporting is still more balanced than the other networks.
doubt that. i quit watching any of them really. i can't stand the hype they put behind the news. it all screams WE NEED HITS EMO-BABIES GET MAD AND JOIN THE COMMENTS SO WE GET MORE HITS!!!!

and anyone who made that comparison is just an idiot catering to a shitload of idiots.

Every man on that beach would enthusiastically kick Nazi ass on our soil. Do any of you think a single man rushing up that beach would be on the side of the American Nazis and their apologists? You all disgrace their memory and sacrifice when you even hesitate to condemn those Nazi scumbags. Do not ever use the memory of Normandy for your own purposes again, you have all forfeited the right.

Bullshit. Most vets I know follow the "i may disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it".

You can't compare a declared global war against a foreign enemy to internal political discourse.

Every man on that beach would enthusiastically kick Nazi ass on our soil. Do any of you think a single man rushing up that beach would be on the side of the American Nazis and their apologists? You all disgrace their memory and sacrifice when you even hesitate to condemn those Nazi scumbags. Do not ever use the memory of Normandy for your own purposes again, you have all forfeited the right.
Must be why left wingers protested the war until the USA was forced to participate. You dweebs supported Hitler much like you now support ISIS.
You seem to be the one defending the Hitler fan club around here. We are witnessing what we always knew, nazism is a right wing thing. In spite of the right's silly accusations of nazism it seems the left hates them more than anyone and you hate them for it. Conservatives have not yet realized just how badly they have fucked up closing ranks around these sub-humans.
your saying we are doesn't make it so. your saying it time and time again, does not make it so.

that's one thing most people realize about the left - they just use the most extreme names they can in order to demonize people and then say "but we don't do such things!" only - none of this matters because you don't say a thing about what you DO try and accomplish really.

just that the other side is evil using any name handy to sorta fit the situation.

the dems have not realized the middle ground is waking up to the childish games and now that people are turning away and/or making other choices, the screaming is getting louder for the attention they seem to crave.

Must be why left wingers protested the war until the USA was forced to participate. You dweebs supported Hitler much like you now support ISIS.
You seem to be the one defending the Hitler fan club around here. We are witnessing what we always knew, nazism is a right wing thing. In spite of the right's silly accusations of nazism it seems the left hates them more than anyone and you hate them for it. Conservatives have not yet realized just how badly they have fucked up closing ranks around these sub-humans.

Again you confuse defending people's views with defending their right to express those views.

ANTIFA has been lumping all of the right in with Nazi's for almost 2 years now and using that label as an excuse to instigate physical violence against everything from evangelicals to fucking libertarians. "Liberals get the bullet too" ring any bells? Now that ANTIFA actually had real white nationalists to fight with, the right wingers that aren't part of the white supremacist fringe are obligated to ONLY condemn that fringe? We're not allowed to also condemn those douche bags who said the Nazi's represent all of us so they can justify acts of physical violence against us? Fuck that. If saying that ANTIFA can suck just as many dicks as the KKK can go and choke on makes me a non-white white supremacist, call me the fuckin Hawaiian Hitler.

Bullshit. Most vets I know follow the "i may disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it".

You can't compare a declared global war against a foreign enemy to internal political discourse.
I cannot imagine any person who had to fight the Nazis having a blase attitude about them here. Look at it this way, do you think the Westborough church should be completely left alone to protest military funerals in peace? Shit no, there should be someone in their fucking faces. These nazi fucks are just like that, they should certainly be allowed to have their circle-jerks and the people who oppose them should have their say as well. We are not talking about a boy scout rally here, we are talking about people who identify with the murderers of millions.

your saying we are doesn't make it so. your saying it time and time again, does not make it so.

that's one thing most people realize about the left - they just use the most extreme names they can in order to demonize people and then say "but we don't do such things!" only - none of this matters because you don't say a thing about what you DO try and accomplish really.

just that the other side is evil using any name handy to sorta fit the situation.

the dems have not realized the middle ground is waking up to the childish games and now that people are turning away and/or making other choices, the screaming is getting louder for the attention they seem to crave.
There can be no middle ground here, you either stand with the Nazis or you don't. In this case the "middle ground" is analogous to the "Good Germans" who stood by silently while their government committed atrocity because they had been fed a steady diet of propaganda. History has judged them to be complicit.

I cannot imagine any person who had to fight the Nazis having a blase attitude about them here. Look at it this way, do you think the Westborough church should be completely left alone to protest military funerals in peace? Shit no, there should be someone in their fucking faces. These nazi fucks are just like that, they should certainly be allowed to have their circle-jerks and the people who oppose them should have their say as well. We are not talking about a boy scout rally here, we are talking about people who identify with the murderers of millions.

People should counter-protest the Westboro idiots peacefully, and we have seen that. Counter-protesters out shout them, and hold up blinds to block the funeral attendees from seeing them. But if they are public land and follow the local permitting laws they cannot be stopped without violating the 1st amendment.

Their ideology has been beaten. The only way they can come back is if moron's like you make them relevant again.

There can be no middle ground here, you either stand with the Nazis or you don't. In this case the "middle ground" is analogous to the "Good Germans" who stood by silently while their government committed atrocity because they had been fed a steady diet of propaganda. History has judged them to be complicit.
i don't stand with nazis and i think the radical left are being assholes calling EVERYONE a nazi who doesn't agree with them.

am i wrong or did you just not say "if you're not with us you're against us" and that would make me 100% correct in how i view your stance. i ain't playing this binary game of on or off - there's a billion shades of gray between black and white and i'm not following along your way of doing it to paint it to a much smaller set so you can go "YEA I SUPERIOR ANS STUFF!"

People should counter-protest the Westboro idiots peacefully, and we have seen that. Counter-protesters out shout them, and hold up blinds to block the funeral attendees from seeing them. But if they are public land and follow the local permitting laws they cannot be stopped without violating the 1st amendment.

Their ideology has been beaten. The only way they can come back is if moron's like you make them relevant again.

Fighting Nazis is an honorable thing that should be done for it's own sake. If you people embrace the Nazis simply because liberals rightly hate them you are fucking fools.

Fighting Nazis is an honorable thing that should be done for it's own sake. If you people embrace the Nazis simply because liberals rightly hate them you are fucking fools.

They have a right to speak, even if their message is deplorable. You can't pick and choose when it comes to the 1st amendment.

You don't get to use violence to suppress other's speech without consequences.

i don't stand with nazis and i think the radical left are being assholes calling EVERYONE a nazi who doesn't agree with them.

am i wrong or did you just not say "if you're not with us you're against us" and that would make me 100% correct in how i view your stance. i ain't playing this binary game of on or off - there's a billion shades of gray between black and white and i'm not following along your way of doing it to paint it to a much smaller set so you can go "YEA I SUPERIOR ANS STUFF!"
You people are defending the Nazis because you hate the left more, I am under no illusions that you are all Nazis but they are certainly grateful for your support nevertheless.

They have a right to speak, even if their message is deplorable. You can't pick and choose when it comes to the 1st amendment.

Why do you people not get this? They have first amendment rights same the people who oppose them, you are picking and choosing by thinking counter protestors should be segregated away from them so they can have their circle-jerk in peace. Not going to happen.

no one is embracing nazis except in your head. the radical assholes of the last few days do not represent all white people any more than the most extreme liberal represents you and your views.

this need or desire of yours to boil things down to "me, you" is bullshit and a clear example of your serious intelligence impediments.

You people are defending the Nazis because you hate the left more, I am under no illusions that you are all Nazis but they are certainly grateful for your support nevertheless.
i hate stupid.

you're pretty high on that list closing in on the nazis.

i ain't playing your name calling game, son. your need to rope this together is for your own insecurities, not my life.

Why do you people not get this? They have first amendment rights same the people who oppose them, you are picking and choosing by thinking counter protestors should be segregated away from them so they can have their circle-jerk in peace. Not going to happen.

When they have a valid permit for the area, yes, counter-protesters can been separated from the main protest. That's how it's always been. Usually the counter protest is allowed near the main protest, or in the case of a march they are allowed to be on the sidewalks.

What Anti-fa was doing, however wasn't counter-protesting, it was a deliberate attempt to prevent the rally/march from happening/continuing. Once you take the act of trying to prevent the other side from marching/rallying/speaking you have gone beyond counter-protesting and into interfering with their right to assemble and redress grievances.

There is a simple litmus test to see if you truly support 1st amendment rights. Switch the parties in question. If your position remains the same, you are a supporter of the 1st amendment, if your position changes, you are not.

Forum List

Back