I may quit my business next summer

I am very old at 45 even through I look 35 but moving to Vegas and working in a White trash , black ghetto area was a bad move for a guy with a history of mental health issues

This fat dbag then found a second job and now has decided to work for me only 4 hrs a day and won’t respond to my texts
She is going to be shocked come Thursday when I fire here

Reading your rants here, I think it's far more likely she'll be relieved than shocked...

I am in a massive mess
I am not suicidal but I am hurting
This is not about attention
This is the only way to let it out !!

What sort of business is it?
It’s a franchise business in central Vegas
I gave her a large hefty pay of $12 per hour and 20 hrs a week
Still not good enough then she gets a job and cuts her hours back to only 4
That is not going to work well with me
She will be the 9th fired in only a few yrs
I even promised her a big raise in December

You only have two employees. Correct?
And only one works at a time?

That doesn't really narrow it down. That could be anything from a frozen yogurt shop to a McDonald's or a Discount Tire...

$240 a week, before taxes, ain't exactly "hefty"...

Do you honestly believe she should be able to live on less than $1,000 a month before taxes? You were only giving her 20 hours a week, and she needed to make more than that. It sounds as though she found an employer who'll pay her that much, if not more, and give her a lot more hours on the job than you're willing to give her.

Four hours a week? $48 before taxes? I'm having a difficult time figuring out why she just hasn't quit.

Ordinarily, I would recommend sitting down with her and finding out what it would take for her to give up that other job and stay with you. I say ordinarily because, frankly, you don't strike me as someone who's destined to be a successful business owner...

Did you give it to her?

Or are you talking about December 2021?

She made several errors that I over looked and I was super nice to her

Well, that's a problem right there.

If you don't make her aware of the errors, then she won't know she made them, and there's no reason to believe that she won't continue to make them...

That doesn't really narrow it down. That could be anything from a frozen yogurt shop to a McDonald's or a Discount Tire...

Do you honestly believe she should be able to live on less than $1,000 a month before taxes? You were only giving her 20 hours a week, and she needed to make more than that. It sounds as though she found an employer who'll pay her that much, if not more, and give her a lot more hours on the job than you're willing to give her.

Four hours a week? $48 before taxes? I'm having a difficult time figuring out why she just hasn't quit.

Ordinarily, I would recommend sitting down with her and finding out what it would take for her to give up that other job and stay with you. I say ordinarily because, frankly, you don't strike me as someone who's destined to be a successful business owner...

Did you give it to her?

She never even talked to me first about getting more hours
Yes I appear not destined to be successful at anything lol
I think we all can concur on that point lol

Now the older employee talked to me about more hours or she will need a second job
I wisely boosted her hours and pay

Did you give it to her?

What's the business? Saying it's a franchise is pretty meaningless...

Did you give it to her?

That was dec 2021
I am not exactly making bank

Did you give it to her?

I can’t say
I have said so many “ racist comments “ that it can and will be used against me

Did you give it to her?

That was dec 2021

You think telling her you're going to give her a big raise nine months from now is going to be enough to keep her happy?

Dude, you've got issues. Shut down your business before it destroys everything you hold dear. You don't know what you're doing.

Then again, you still haven't said what the business actually is, so it's difficult to offer helpful advice...

Did you give it to her?

I can’t say
I have said so many “ racist comments “ that it can and will be used against me

You're some anonymous guy on an internet forum.

If you're not going to share more about the business so that others can make suggestions to help you, what's the point of the thread?

Did you give it to her?

That was dec 2021

You think telling her you're going to give her a big raise nine months from now is going to be enough to keep her happy?

Dude, you've got issues. Shut down your business before it destroys everything you hold dear. You don't know what you're doing.

Then again, you still haven't said what the business actually is, so it's difficult to offer helpful advice...
I am not good with people and business
I am trying the best I can !!

Forum List

Back