I love it when ~

I love it when I have a great hair day cause it is so rare!

I love it when I shop downtown.

Palo Alto History

One of these photos is from circa 1960, the year I was born, but I had forgotten that Roos-Atkins had moved to Stanford Shopping Center by the time I could walk.

I love it when it's rare I fry a 24 ounce hamburger and eat it while it's raw in the middle.

Ewww. You're going to get sick!

Before everyone became so paranoid of hamburgers cooked rare, what, about 25 years ago, it was a regular custom, and no one worried about getting sick. You could even find restaurants that would cook them, where they were still raw in the middle and get that juicy thing on your table. :D

Blech. Raw hamburger??? :puke: Is he just kidding around?

You make it sound like eating it out of the package. :lol:

Why would I kid about something like that?

Last edited:
I love it when I'm rich, alone, on the beach with unlimited alcohol being served to me. (think Body Heat, final scene)

I love it when it's rare I fry a 24 ounce hamburger and eat it while it's raw in the middle.

Ewww. You're going to get sick!

Before everyone became so paranoid of hamburgers cooked rare, what, about 25 years ago, it was a regular custom, and no one worried about getting sick. You could even find restaurants that would cook them, where they were still raw in the middle and get that juicy thing on your table. :D

Blech. Raw hamburger??? :puke: Is he just kidding around?

You make it sound like eating it out of the package. :lol:

Why would I kid about something like that?

Yuck! :D If I bite into a hamburger that is raw in the middle . . . it kind of makes me sick and lose my appetite. Slimy!

Haven't you ever had steak tartare? It's awesome!

RibRoom-SteakTartare-480x265.jpg

I can't eat it raw either ChrisL No way, no how. I don't even want hamburger meat pink. It is different than it was years back QuickHitCurepon
Quality of the meat was much different...and safer.

gotta be blood with my meat, otherwise it's not worth eating.......

Yikes! Well, steak yeah....but steak is treated differently. Someone explained it all to me one day.

Yikes! Well, steak yeah....but steak is treated differently. Someone explained it all to me one day.

I have my steak medium rare. With hamburg the meat is ground so all the bacteria on the outside of the meat is mixed in. With steak, the bacteria remains on the outside, so as long as you cook the outside well, it is safe. That is not the case with hamburger though. :cheeky-smiley-018: Especially dangerous for the elderly, very young or those with immune deficiencies.

I have my steak medium rare. With hamburg the meat is ground so all the bacteria on the outside of the meat is mixed in. With steak, the bacteria remains on the outside, so as long as you cook the outside well, it is safe. That is not the case with hamburger though. :cheeky-smiley-018: Especially dangerous for the elderly, very young or those with immune deficiencies.

What you say here is exactly what I was meaning. You so smart. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back