I hope the progressives will understand that the scope, and not just length, of programs has to be altered

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
and the progressives can come up a bit in their "demands."

Imo, we will have some inflation beyond just that caused by covid. Once prices go up because of a temporary market change, it seems producers/retailers resist lowering them. But more importantly, it seems to me that the dems aims are to raise salaries. How can that be wrong when Trump tried do to the same? But no one should argue we had enough inflation to maximize growth. We couldn't find inflation.

I refied my house years ago at 5% and thought we'd hit bottom. LOL. I've refied since then.

Neither party can do jack shit without 50 in the senate, and they they can raise the debt ceiling. The dems are stupid enough to not do that initailly in their bill, and even then Schumer, Biden and Machin went out of their way to hide their positions. It almost makes Trump doing a real estate deal with oligarchs look transparent. LOL

Mac just posted in another thread that GDP growth is 6.7%. Apparently the economy is red hot and we don't need the trillions in spending or tax increases. That's fantastic news!

I refied my house years ago at 5% and thought we'd hit bottom. LOL. I've refied since then.
Every time you refi in NY State the state charge you thousands of dollars in fees. Often meaning it would be years before you even break even on the savings from the refi. One of the reasons I left that tax and spend Dem state.

The progressives aren't the problem.
Not getting any deal would be a problem. And honestly, no one can say the centrists fears of deficits from direct cash payments for consumption doesn't raise legit inflation fears. But there's still room to give the working class more money .... and pay for it.

But DBA excuses any deficit if it was Trump's and Kyzr seems to not understand there's a econ supply demand difference in cutting taxes "across the board" and increasing middle class entitlements.

Every time you refi in NY State the state charge you thousands of dollars in fees. Often meaning it would be years before you even break even on the savings from the refi. One of the reasons I left that tax and spend Dem state.
Mon Dieu. If the benefit of refi doesn't benefit you .... DON'T DO IT.

and the progressives can come up a bit in their "demands."

Imo, we will have some inflation beyond just that caused by covid. Once prices go up because of a temporary market change, it seems producers/retailers resist lowering them. But more importantly, it seems to me that the dems aims are to raise salaries. How can that be wrong when Trump tried do to the same? But no one should argue we had enough inflation to maximize growth. We couldn't find inflation.

Neither party can do jack shit without 50 in the senate, and they they can raise the debt ceiling. The dems are stupid enough to not do that initailly in their bill, and even then Schumer, Biden and Machin went out of their way to hide their positions. It almost makes Trump doing a real estate deal with oligarchs look transparent. LOL

Bullshit. Progressives aren't the problem. All the tired old NaziCon scare tactices of inflation and "we can't afford it" are just that - scare tactices. NaziCons just want more tax cuts for the rich - and nothing to help the poor and middle class.

The Bush and Trump tax cuts totaled about $3.4 trillion.

Last edited:
Bullshit. Progressives aren't the problem. All the tired old NaziCon scare tactices of inflation and "we can't afford it" are just that - scare tactices. NaziCons just want more tax cuts for the rich - and nothing to help the poor and middle class.

Go ahead raise taxes you will get obliterated in 2022 and 2024. Hell spend $30 trillion go hog wild. :auiqs.jpg:

Go ahead raise taxes you will get obliterated in 2022 and 2024. Hell spend $30 trillion go hog wild. :auiqs.jpg:

There's a difference between "restoring" taxes and "raising" taxes. Taxes need restored to previous levels.

Last edited:

Well, imo your response is juvenile. Only you raise the ugly head of W and Trump, which generally shows a lost argument in changing the parameters

BUT overall, it seems to me that Biden is the first dem since the 1980 dem primary to argue that govt's interest in full employment and higher paychecks is not subservient to halting inflation. I was nominally for Udall in 1976, but "back in the day" my "primary" (-: issue was not drafting working class kids to die in wars for armchair warriors. It seems to me that Analog Joe is aiming to shift the soul of the party. Imo one has to respect that regardless of whether its totally a good deal.

Since 1980, we've seen the gop use tax cuts and spending as a means to create income inequality. His problem is that he's trying to enact spending to address three issues: traditional infrastructure, social spending to create more entitlements to workers, and climate change. #1 seems unlikely to change. #2 and #3 is where Joe's got to get moderate votes.

jmo but I'm not a fan of either, really. Not with direct spending. I'd be fine with a middle class tax cut, and I've been for that for 8 years at least. It's clear that social spendng by dems eventually is unpopular in elections, even fi the public supports the issue, e.g. healthcare. I don't view the govts' hands on management of the environment - beyond the parks - to be successful, and instead would go in more a market approach like clean air and water ... with carbon caps.

I just hope he gets a deal, though.

Last edited:
Spend 50 trillion on desert fish and illegal aliens implode this bitch already
ahzhhzhzhs.jpg

The progressives aren't the problem.
There are so many holes in church doctrine that it makes swiss cheese to disappear. Marrage needs two, not three. Food was brought into the store house, not money. A pedophilia person is not a pervert. Pervert has to do with what a person says. God will not pervert justice. God judges rightly. That judging that the unseen Father engages in, is not condemning. Jesus is the one who judges as to who lives forever, and who dies forever, not the Unseen Father. The soul that sins it shall die. The church made that to be live with eternal suffering. That misconception made the legal system that makes people to suffer. People who made Pepe Le Pew, end up suffering. The church made Left people. Undo what you made. Jacob married his sister. Did the church say anything about that? No. Jacob had concubines. Did the church say anything about that? The church was mum. The word carnal has nothing to do with sex. It is the carnal mind, not the carnal penis or carnal secrets. The carnal mind does not think like God thinks. Fornication has to do with the mind, too. Christs enemies would have been born again, not being born of fornication had they seen that Jesus was tyhe Lord of Glory, not wanting him to be dead. People who say death to furries, zoo's and Pedo's are born of fornication needing to be born again. God is not three persons. Jesus is one, who sits on one throne, having the Unseen Father in his mind. Jesus is in the form of the Holy Spirit guiding people into all truth. That is three. The Holy Spirit does not attract attention to itself. Blasphamy is calling sweet things, bitter, and darkness light, and evil good. Blasphemers call good Spirited people, evil. That is one reason why condeming is not a good thing to do. Muslims got blasphamy all wrong. They that confide with people who get things wrong, will say words that are wrong, and will do acts that are wrong, thinking they are good words, and good acts, fooling themselves. People think God did a big bang, not understanding or even seeing Genisis 1:17. Guns would not have been thought of as being good. Bang would not have been thought of being good. We might of not even made a gun, knowing this.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back