I have returned from the mountain

Hi Alan, and glad you returned. I am really enjoying this place as well, also my second go around here, and great topics and its active enough and enough input to keep me hooked. Great venue here as well.

Hat is tipped,

Robert

And lo, the man from the mountain returns and he is me.

Long have I wandered the mountains and valleys of the internet landscape. I have seen and experienced much that has influenced me these past years. I return as a man of many changes but also many similarities. I welcome the renewed friendship of past friends and wish a clean slate of forgiveness from past foes, transgressions (mine and others) and hostility.

Some will probably doubt my intentions or (perhaps) hold a grudge, but I come before you with an open hand and open heart. My self-imposed exile was a journey for me to take. I only ask that my recent travels are not disparaged by those that have traveled a different path. I return because of changes here at USMB and changes within myself. It took changes of both for this decision of mine to come to fruition.

Why do you keep changing your name and then telling everyone who you are?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
And lo, the man from the mountain returns and he is me.

Long have I wandered the mountains and valleys of the internet landscape. I have seen and experienced much that has influenced me these past years. I return as a man of many changes but also many similarities. I welcome the renewed friendship of past friends and wish a clean slate of forgiveness from past foes, transgressions (mine and others) and hostility.

Some will probably doubt my intentions or (perhaps) hold a grudge, but I come before you with an open hand and open heart. My self-imposed exile was a journey for me to take. I only ask that my recent travels are not disparaged by those that have traveled a different path. I return because of changes here at USMB and changes within myself. It took changes of both for this decision of mine to come to fruition.

Why do you keep changing your name and then telling everyone who you are?
I've changed my name to better suit who I am.
I tell people because I am not trying to hide who I am.

• Thanks
I've received some grief from people for not informing them of my name change from MountainMan to alan1, so I decided to post a public notification here.

During my travels about the vast WWW while I was away, I started using my real name of alan as a screen name. It felt odd to me to continue to carry the MountainMan moniker. Unfortunately, the name Alan was already in use here (by some person that has failed to make posts), so I had to add the 1 onto the end of my name.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So the vast WWW turned out to be a mole hill. Go figure.

• Thanks
Aww, Moses...

... where ya been dis past 40 days...

... an' what ya gonna do with dem two slabs o' stone?
:eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back