I have damaged lumbar discs !!

That's a common place for it to happen. They may have to fuse them together if it bothers you a lot.
Muhammed is still beholden to the barbaric religion of judicial amputations, or cutting off limbs or cutting out body parts on a basis of "elective surgery."
We are not on their favorite patients list. The only emergency surgeries available to us are lobotomies for mental breakdowns. Our government-mandated health insurance covers mental health only, and only on an involuntary basis at that; there is a strange religion or perversion of Catholicism, and they do not consider us "good faith" patients for the vile experimentation they perform on human beings without informed consent. Nor should consent be an issue with medicine the best judgment and the best outcome from the best teamwork and cooperation should be the rule, but that is not the case. We are at war. We are not Muslim or Communist peaceniks in subordination to foreign laws or foreign gods.

I have endured this for 5 years and just thought it was a strain
I had X-rays and my disc between L5 and S1 is not there
That's a common place for it to happen. They may have to fuse them together if it bothers you a lot.
I can go through the pain as long as it stays moderate
It will get worst as you age if you do not take care to strengthen the bones. Mine lost the disc but then 20 years later split which has resulted in excruciating pain.

It will get worst as you age if you do not take care to strengthen the bones. Mine lost the disc but then 20 years later split which has resulted in excruciating pain.
And then you can end up taking soul-sucking opioid pain killers for the rest of your life to deal with it.

I've seen it happen to a lot of guys. That's why I planned ahead financially to retire before I was 50.

Well, semi-retire. These days I only work when I feel like it and make sure I don't overwork myself like I used to.

Last edited:
Where did the disc go ??
How can it get any worse since I lost the disc

Disc replacement does not always work as the ligaments absorb too much shock and become loose

Where did the disc go ??
How can it get any worse since I lost the disc

Why are you surprised, you spineless wuss?

Where did the disc go ??
See post #2

And then you can end up taking soul-sucking opioid pain killers for the rest of your life to deal with it.

I've seen it happen to a lot of guys. That's why I planned ahead financially to retire before I was 50.

Well, semi-retire. These days I only work when I feel like it and make sure I don't overwork myself like I used to.

I had my 3rd and 4th fused because I had no choice.
While it hurts a bit at times it's far better than what it was.
In fact I have more problems with my hip replacement. Going through the process of getting a A spinal cord stimulator to see if it works.
As of now I'm taking 4 hydrocodones a day but it's not enough to truly stop the pain it's just enough to make it bearable.
I'll take two on occasion to get total relief and if I plan on doing something that I know is going to jack me up.
I've been taking the hydrocodones for over a year now and I dont get a buzz of any kind just pain relief. And I never feel the need to take em unless I'm hurting. I guess some people are more susceptible to becoming addicted to em than others.

In fact I have more problems with my hip replacement. Going through the process of getting a A spinal cord stimulator to see if it works.
As of now I'm taking 4 hydrocodones a day but it's not enough to truly stop the pain it's just enough to make it bearable.
I'll take two on occasion to get total relief and if I plan on doing something that I know is going to jack me up.
I've been taking the hydrocodones for over a year now and I dont get a buzz of any kind just pain relief. And I never feel the need to take em unless I'm hurting. I guess some people are more susceptible to becoming addicted to em than others.

I'd worry about more bone loss if taking a pain killer. At this stage I'm prime for it and lacking correct hormones the bod just isn't doing exactly what it should. I've been trying the natural herbs and such and that does help stave off some of the pain.

Arnica, Lavender essential oil and DMSO mixed is what I use at night when it gets to bad too sleep through it. I know when I start having issues with teeth that I'm not getting the right nutrients and back gets worse so I have to watch for that and make sure I take vitamins and minerals like I should. When spring hits I'm going to get some Comfrey from a neighbor down the road and some Solomon seal root from out back here and try those too. If things get where I can't get pass the pain to sleep some I use a black pepper tincture and that helps but I don't think it would be good to take too munch either. Cayenne papper works excellent for pain but I just don't generally feel that tough.

I'd worry about more bone loss if taking a pain killer. At this stage I'm prime for it and lacking correct hormones the bod just isn't doing exactly what it should. I've been trying the natural herbs and such and that does help stave off some of the pain.

Arnica, Lavender essential oil and DMSO mixed is what I use at night when it gets to bad too sleep through it. I know when I start having issues with teeth that I'm not getting the right nutrients and back gets worse so I have to watch for that and make sure I take vitamins and minerals like I should. When spring hits I'm going to get some Comfrey from a neighbor down the road and some Solomon seal root from out back here and try those too. If things get where I can't get pass the pain to sleep some I use a black pepper tincture and that helps but I don't think it would be good to take too munch either. Cayenne papper works excellent for pain but I just don't generally feel that tough.

When I came out of surgery from my hip replacement the surgeon said I had the hardest bones he's ever encountered.
Said it took an extra 30 minutes to ream out the femur than it normally takes.
I do drink lots of milk.

What is the plan going forward?
I am going to try PT for 5 good weeks soon and then revaluate
I just changed docs from the black one to the smarter Jewish one
They even asked why I changed on the phone lol

PT has really helped my wife who just suffered debilitating Sciatica due to disintrigating discs in the lower back. Good luck and God Bless.

I just don’t feel
PT has really helped my wife who just suffered debilitating Sciatica due to disintrigating discs in the lower back. Good luck and God Bless.
it seems bad things happen to good people

I'm not sure if it is a good option for you, but I had back problems 12 years ago and started using a Teeter inversion table. I have not had back problems since. But they are not for every back problem.

Forum List

Back