I Have a Question

Pumpkin Row

Platinum Member
May 26, 2016
I'm not actually sure how this works, so I have to ask; Now that the Obama Administration has given away the internet, is it even possible to reclaim what was given away? If so, how? If not, why not?

The internet naming is in the hands of a private company, headquartered in LA, and subject to the laws of California and the United States.

If the company acts stupidly, it gets crushed.

brynmar will note a "good question," though it has already been explained.

Last edited:
I'm not actually sure how this works, so I have to ask; Now that the Obama Administration has given away the internet, is it even possible to reclaim what was given away? If so, how? If not, why not?
if you want to be totalitarian about it, if you can convince the congress that the internet is a national standard of weights and measures subject to the majesty of the post master general, then sure, there's an almost infinite realm of possibility available for reclaiming the power.

if you want to be totalitarian about it, if you can convince the congress that the internet is a national standard of weights and measures subject to the majesty of the post master general, then sure, there's an almost infinite realm of possibility available for reclaiming the power.

Why couldnt a private company just start up a new one independent of the original?

giving up protection makes the internet vulnerable to other nations to censor and limit
The company is in charge of names, no more. It is hq'd in LA. It is subject to the laws of California and the US.

The Liberal attempt to end American sovereignty....Global Governance in action.

And, your question?
Only if we have an actual opposition party.

If we can ever get it back, I have not come across yet. But this is some of it....

Physicians are rallying as they become increasingly concerned about the passage of TPP. Prescription drug costs could waylay the affordability of biologics and thousands of prescription drugs by drastically altering intellectual property protections. Under the TPP, corporations could sue countries for restricting their products due to legislation brought to fruition by government policies. The Investor State Dispute Settlement portion of the TPP gives the upper hand to the corporatocracy. Legislative bodies would only act as advisory boards to the ruling governments.

TPP: The Unraveling Begins

One of the most devastating blows to US sovereignty since the country’s founding was dealt today as the Senate handed President Obama his Trans-Pacific Partnership victory.
Despite massive opposition from the American people, Tea Party Republicans and a majority of Democrats, Obama was granted fast-track authority by a 60-38 vote.

Sections of the TPP published by Wikileaks have revealed the treaty’s vast influence over multiple areas including individual rights, internet freedomand even the rule of law itself. Unelected corporate boards and the President can now wield unprecedented control over almost every aspect of human activity.

“If you read, write, publish, think, listen, dance, sing or invent; if you farm or consume food; if you’re ill now or might one day be ill, the TPP has you in its crosshairs,” Wikileaks’ Julian Assange wrote.

TPP Passes: Obama Now A Dictator

And, your question?
You idiot, the company owns the naming, nothing more. The company is HQd in LA and subject to California and federal laws.

We need to give you away.

And, your question?
You idiot, the company owns the naming, nothing more. The company is HQd in LA and subject to California and federal laws.

The idiot is you moron, your a liberal democratic jackass whose ass is so far up gov. arse you wouldn't know the truth from a lie if your life depended on it moron.

And, your question?

The idiot is you moron, your a liberal democratic jackass whose ass is so far up gov. arse you wouldn't know the truth from a lie if your life depended on it moron.
Attacking me falsely does not change that the company is HQd in LA and subject to California and federal laws.

And, your question?

Attacking me falsely does not change that the company is HQd in LA and subject to California and federal laws.
upload_2016-10-27_10-37-31.png

Forum List

Back